Charter/Spectrum connections having trouble broadcasting to Master Server

Discuss master server operations and talk about your server clusters here.

Moderator: Master Server Staff

buckshot
New User

Charter/Spectrum connections having trouble broadcasting to Master Server

Post by buckshot » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:51 am

Seems that those of us trying to broadcast servers from Charter/Spectrum (formerly known as TWC RoadRunner [RR]) are having some issues in doing so.

I've ruled out my firewall/ports/settings/etc. I am able to have people connect directly to me through various doom servers directly on ports I have also tried to use on Zandro, and those ports are open fine and test fine. Seems like it's only Zandro that is affected, no matter what port I set it to, made sure it was allowed on firewalls, etc.

I then noticed anyone using charter/spectrum/rr (identified as CPE-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on the master list) is also encountering issues (or may not be aware they are). Of course, I can see the master server trying to detect my broadcast, but failing to do so. And now I noticed quite a few others also on Charter are having the issue from the attached screenshot. As all other games and direct connections to my DOOM servers without zandro are working fine, I'd have to assume this is likely some technical issue on the Zandro Master Server.

Could someone investigate this? Would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Picture of the list of Charter connections having issues (including mine) attached. From the the list results, appear all CPE entries are facing same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pol Marcet Sardà
New User

Re: Charter/Spectrum connections having trouble broadcasting to Master Server

Post by Pol Marcet Sardà » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am

I'm able to access the cpe*.rr.com servers. At the moment of writting there was only one online:
Wait, that's a srb2 server, never mind