New Beta: Click!
- Welcome to Death and Decay, a monster/weapon replacer mod. If you liked Hard Doom and mods of that type, then you might like this mod. If not, it's still alright, this mod is a bit different compared to the others.
- The very first difference is that your character will constantly be evolving and improving in terms of both the stats and weapon efficiency. You'll be earning credits through monsters kills or completing a few special tasks. (These will be mentioned below) You can later use the hard earned cash to buy some very valuable items. (Which will also be discussed below)
- This mod incorporates the popular survival features used in servers nowadays such as the revenant tracer fix, coop bullets, shared keys etc. To activate the coop bullets, go to Options -> Customize Controls -> "Toggle Thru-Bullets". This is off by default and every hitscan weapon will function as normal hitscan when this is off.
- Make sure you bind a key to the menu of DnD. It has lots of information regarding your weapons, stats, loadout, the shop etc. A must have!
Here, I'll discuss the content of the mod and how to use them.
2. a. Players
There are three player classes to choose from. They have no difference other than aesthetics, so choose whichever you want!
2. b. Stats and Perks
This mod includes some RPG elements like leveling up by gaining enough experience, getting credits for killing monsters or completing certain tasks, spending attribute points on stats etc.
The stats available to spend attribute points on per level are as follows:
Spoiler (Open)* Strength: Increases melee damage by 4. This includes fists, chainsaws, swords etc.
* Dexterity: Increases movement speed by 1%.
* Charisma: Reduces shop prices by 0.5%.
* Bulkiness: Increases armor capacity by 2.
* Vitality: Increases health capacity by 2.
You gain stat points by leveling up, picking attribute bonuses or finding all secrets in a map or getting all bonus tasks done. If a map has no secrets, this isn't applicable.
The perks available are as follows:
Spoiler (Open)* Sharpshooting: Increases all damage dealt by 5%.
* Endurance: Reduces all damage dealt by 5%.
* Wisdom: Increases experience gain by 10%. Shown by a +X value under the first number displayed when you kill a monster.
* Greed: Increases credit gain by 10%. Showed by a +X value under the last number displayed when you kill a monster.
* Medic: Increases all healing done to yourself by 5. This includes all health items, health giving weapons etc.
You gain perk points every 5 levels or by completing all bonus tasks.
Lastly, you gain 20% bonus experience (of the total you got in that level) if you kill all monsters in a map.
2. c. Weapons
All the weapons are replaced. Your usual set of weapons you are familiar with are either presented with some changes to make them more useful, or are just visually upgraded. However, if you want to get more weapons or upgrade your current ones, you'll need to spend your credits in the shop.
Besides this, there's an important point to make with the weapons: They serve different purposes! Some of them are good at suppression, some are good at burst damage. If you are using the monster pack, then there are monsters that are resistant to some of these weapons, and some will just be completely useless. Make sure you read the description of these weapons in the shop. For example, some weapons can't hit ghosts and this means trouble against Spectres.
One thing worth mention is that each weapon slot has a meaning. They are as follows:
Spoiler (Open)- Slot 1: Melee weapons.
- Slot 2: Pistol type weapons.
- Slot 3: Shell based weapons.
- Slot 4: Bullet based weapons.
- Slot 5: Explosive weapons.
- Slot 6: Rapid-Fire weapons.
- Slot 7: Highly destructive weapons.
- Slot 8: Ultimate weapons.
- Slot 9: Temporary weapons.
The temporary weapons are unique in the way that, you can't pick any of their ammo from anywhere besides their pickup. They are meant to be used and discarded, saving you some ammo for other weapons. You can have only one equipped at a time but you can drop them if you have a key bound to it from the key bindings menu. (Options -> Customize Controls) This is handy if you want to give a team mate your weapon, or take a better one given a situation.
The ultimate weapons have their own ammo pool, demon souls. Sometimes you'll see some white pickups drop from monsters. These are their souls and they feed these weapons. You can have only one of these weapons at a time, and they are very strong. Yeah, really strong. However, if you are using the monster pack, there are monsters that will piss you off so you won't kill everything with these weapons so easily.
2. d. Artifacts
These are items you can carry around with you and use at any given time. They are as follows:
Spoiler (Open)- Field Kit: Heals 25 health per use. Max 3.
- Salvation Sphere: Gives 100 health and teleports you back to safety. Max 1.
- Portable Shield: Gives you invulnerability for 5 seconds. The duration stacks. Max 3.
- Blood Rune: You drain life per damage dealt. Lasts 30 seconds. Max 1.
- Triple Damage: Does what it says. Lasts 15 seconds. Max 1.
- Book of the Dead: Deals damage to all monsters in your view, and if it kills monsters, guarantees to extract their souls. Max 1.
- Blade Vortex: Summons a circle of deadly blades around you to cut your enemies. Also gives damage reduction of 50%. Lasts 20 seconds. Max 1.
- Stat Reset: Resets all your stats. This includes your Strength, Dexterity, Charisma, Bulkiness, Vitality and all of your perks. However you can reassign these after use. Max 1.
2. e. Abilities
There are various abilities. These can be researched from the shop for a price. The list of abilities are as follows:
Spoiler (Open)* Close Combat Mastery: Gives your fist an alternate fire mode where you do a powerful roundhouse kick. Deadly at high levels of Strength, even more so if combined with berserk.
* Reloading Mastery: All your weapons that had to reload will reload twice as fast. This includes all weapons with a magazine or shell. (Even the super shotgun!)
* Mobility Mastery: You get to dash around if you tap your movement keys. Very useful if you are used to modern games allowing you this type of dodge mechanic.
* Arcane Mastery: All your artifacts are 50% more effective.
* Poison Mastery: You are immune to any kind of poison. There are quite a few monsters dealing poison damage, so it can become handy to have.
* Regeneration Mastery: You regenerate up to 20 + Vitality each second.
* Explosion Mastery: Your explosions hurt you 50% less. Useful for the clumsy.
* Heart Seeker Mastery: You can pick up demon hearts 10% of the time from their corpses and use them as temporary weapons.
2. f. Accessories
Finally, you can enrich your class' overpoweredness by these little beauties. These drop only from the most powerful of the monsters, and they are only available if you play with the monster pack. So, no easy power grinding in vanilla mode :)
Here are the accessories:
Spoiler (Open)* Talisman of Wisdom: Increases experience gain by 50%.
* Talisman of Greed: Increases credit gain by 50%.
* Demon Bane: Increases damage of your demonic weapons by 50%. You know it's demonic if it looks "not man made". :P
* Amulet of Hellfire: Protection from all fire damage and environmental hazards by 75%.
* Angelic Ankh: When you are about to drop below 1 health, you are kept at 1 health for 8 seconds and are invulnerable during this period. Works once per map.
* Pendant of Reflection: When hit, you have a 20% chance to become reflecting and invulnerable for 5 seconds. This can happen for a total of 10 times per map.
* Nether Mask: Enhances all your weapons, they will all do their full damage even against the most resistant foe. All rippers will always rip through even the bosses. Non-ghost hitting weapons will always hit ghosts.
* Taltos Ring: You recover 5% of your maximum health with each successful melee hit. You also become a ghost. However you receive only 15% benefit from any health pickup. (Health bonuses give nothing)
You can only wear two of these accessories at a time.
2. g. Shop
The shop is one of the key parts of this mod. It contains all of the above, and some more things to see. Here's a screenshot of it:
Here you can see the many things it has. Stats screen takes you to the stat screen where you can increase your stats and see your currently gained bonuses from those.
Perks section takes you to set your perks. This and the stat label will glow red and green if you have points that you can spend.
Loadout shows you your weapons acquired, abilities learned, artifacts owned and accessories. You can traverse these pages with the ">>" icon, and you can select it with your movement key and pressing use key. All you have to do to set your accessories are to use your move keys. If you have nothing, you can't set these.
Shop part is where you can do all your purchases. It leads to the aforementioned parts' purchase pages.
Abilities page shows you your currently researched skills. You can toggle those that can be toggled here as well.
Help screen shows additional help about the menu. You can also toggle the HUD's map stats display, such as enemies left, items left etc.
Guess what exit does!?!?!? Yeah...
2. h. Monsters
You have options here. You can either choose to use the vanilla Doom 2 monsters to go with this, which give very low experience and credit or you can be a tough guy and battle against a mash of some Realm667 plus some creative monsters. Mind you, most of these monsters are edited to some extent to be a bit different, so there are always new challenges. Be ready to die a lot if you are not careful :) These monsters give lots more rewards though, so make sure you try it out for the full experience!
3. DOWNLOAD LINKS
- The files: Core -- Monsters -- Coop / Survival Only Ammo Spawner
- Tracers may act up or not show properly, it's fixed. (There's a build you can use here: Build)
- Files should be loaded in this order AFTER the map pack of your choosing. Suggested map packs: CC2, 3 and 4, HellBound, Whispers of Satan.
- NOTE: USE ZANDRONUM 3.0!
- WAD ORDER: dndvX.Y.pk3 -> dnd_monstersvX.Y.pk3 -> dnd_onlyammovX.Y.pk3
- SUPPORTED GAME MODES: Cooperative and Survival
Code: Select all
! New feature
* Bugfix / Tweak
== DND RPG RELATED ==
! Monsters now scale! There are a few cvars you can use to change behavior. These are listed at the bottom.
! Added lots of price scaler CVars for the shop! Read bottom of the file for more.
! Added dynamic lights to keys!
! Added "Monster Info" mastery that lets you see monster's hp bars, levels and associated traits. Cost 2000 credits.
* Fixed a bug where "Hobo" and the "Space Marine" were not benefiting from the damage amplify portion of "Hate Shard".
- Getting hurt now stops effects of "Regeneration Mastery" for 1 second.
- Slot 8 weapon prices increased to 20k up from 18k.
+ "SMG" bullets do a fixed 15 damage per shot up from 7 - 14 - 21.
+ "Eforcer Rifle" now does 20 - 45 damage up from 20 - 35.
+ "Hellforge Cannon" ammo capacity is now 100 up from 75.
+ "Silver Gun" explosion damage increased to 32 - 48 from 32 - 40.
+ "Silver Gun" shoots 9 pellets up from 8.
+ "Lead Spitter" does 18 damage per bullet up from 15.
+ "Basilisk" can now hit ghosts.
+ "Nailgun" nail damage increased to 8 - 16 from 8 - 14.
+ "Turel Cannon" does 125 damage on tap and 80 damage on rapid mode, up from 100 and 75 respectively.
+ "Turel Cannon" has an alt fire! It simply does only focused shots now.
+ "Nuclear Plasma Rifle" now does 36 - 60 damage up from 36 - 45.
+ "Nuclear Plasma Rifle" now does 10 - 30 explosion damage up from 4 - 12. Radius increased to 48 from 32.
+ "Ebony Cannon" balls do 16 - 40 damage up from 12 - 30. Explosion damage increased by 16 and 32 for normal and alternate fire balls. Explosion radius increased to 64 from 48.
+ "Mercury Launcher" now does 192 area damage in 160 unit radius up from 128 area damage in 128 unit radius.
+ Increased damage of "Heavy Missile Launcher" by 32 on both impact and area damage.
* Talent costs are reduced properly by "Charisma" now.
* Fixed a bug where your kill spree would stop working if you ended a map with the meter at a non-zero value.
* Fixed inconsistent menu messages and irrelevant menu return conditions.
* Fixed a bug where stat reset would not take into account the "Munitionist" perk.
* Fixed a bug where shell boxes (yellow ones) would not give "Slayer" ammo.
* Fixed a bug where "Heavy Super Shotgun" was not using any ammo.
* Fixed a bug where the backpacks would not check for the capacity of "Slayer" ammo.
* Fixed a bug where the "Scatter Pistol" would be lost upon picking up a new weapon or berserk.
* Fixed a bug where a compatflag message would spam you even in Singleplayer.
* Fixed a bug where the "Laser Pistol" charge sound would loop even after firing.
* Fixed a bug where "Chainsaw", "Double Chainsaw", "Necromancer's Sickle" and "Excalibat" were not benefiting from talents properly.
* Fixed a bug where you could still buy "Erasus" after buying "Heavy Super Shotgun".
* Fixed a bug where if you died with the menu up, you'd still see the menu.
* Fixed a bug where your level would be shown as 99 instead of 100 in the hud if you were level 100.
* "Excalibat" ball explosions will no longer push players.
* Fixed a bug where the "Heavy Machine Gun" would not alert monsters.
* Gibs can now be turned off through special fx toggle.
* "Heavy Super Shotgun" no longer pushes people.
* "Heavy Super Shotgun" will not reload when it runs out of ammo now.
* "Destruction Generator" explosion sound is no longer global.
- Slowed "Heavy Super Shotgun" by 2 tics.
+ Reduced "Erasus" primary fire spread to 9.0 x 6.4 from 10.4 x 7.2.
+ Reduced "Erasus" secondary fire spread to 12.8 x 8.2 from 15.6 x 9.8.
+ "Rotary Grenade Launcher" now does 192 damage on impact up from 96, and explosion radius is 192 up from 160.
+ "Erasus" shoots one more pellet now.
* "Death Staff" ground flames no longer cause water splashes.
- "Soul Stealer" mastery cost is now 9750 up from 8500.
- "Close Combat" mastery cost is now 6000 up from 4500.
- Talents now have a cap of 100.
- "Destruction Generator" only releases 6 energy balls down from 12.
- "Destruction Generator" explosion damage on initial and aftermath energy balls reduced to 384 and 192 respectively from 512 and 256.
- "Destruction Generator" now uses 40 cells up from 30.
- "Destruction Generator" now does self damage.
+ "Excalibat" direct hit damage increased to 50 - 150 from 30 - 90.
+ "Excalibat" explosion damage increased to 96 from 64.
- "Excalibat" now requires 1 soul for its altfire.
* Reduced bullet casing count to 1 in "Lead Spitter".
* When you enable "sv_weapondrop" flag on the server, you'll see a message telling you to turn it off, as it breaks mod rules.
* Fixed a bug where if the servers had double ammo on, "Sawedoff" would reload after firing all the time.
* Fixed a bug with "Excalibat" where the balls would hit players.
* Fixed a bug where "Lead Spitter" was not benefiting properly from "Reloading Mastery".
* Fixed a bug where "Nether Mask" was not benefiting "Excalibat" properly.
* Fixed a bug where when you bought "Destruction Generator", if you had a "BFG 6000" it would not be removed.
* Fixed a bug where the keycards would sometimes not display a frame.
* Fixed a grammar error in the reward texts.
* Fixed a bug where the "Destruction Generator" energy ball could get reflected.
* Fixed a random pixel in "Excalibat" idle frames.
* Fixed a bug where "Excalibat" could hit team mates.
* Fixed a sprite name clash with "Nuclear Plasma Rifle" and "Dark Zealot"'s graphics.
* Fixed a bug where "Minigun" tracers were too big.
== ONLY AMMO RELATED ==
== MONSTER RELATED ==
! All monsters now scale! Both in terms of health and damage. You can adjust or turn off this scaling through CVars.
- "Gamon" does not have a hitscan attack anymore.
+ "Gamon" projectiles now pierce armor.
* Fixed a bug where "Hades Sphere" could damage players while in invisible state.
+ Increased slam damage of "Thanatos" by 16 on each explosions, and radius increased to better match it's visual.
+ Made "Hell Arbiter" a bit more aggressive.
+ Made "Arachnophyte" more aggressive.
* Fixed a bug where "Iron Lich" was using the wrong frame for its ice attack.
* Fixed a bug where "Spectre"s were not giving any Exp or Credit.
- "Spider Overlord" gives 1750 Exp and 1200 Credit down from 1900 Exp and 1350 Credit.
+ "Spider Overlord" shoots 4 bullets instead of 3.
+ "Angel of Death" now gives 1750 Exp and 1275 Credit up from 1500 Exp and 1125 Credit.
+ "Enhanced Cacodemon" was lacking a melee state, instead it will aggressively shoot energy balls when players are close.
+ "Weakener" projectile speed increased to 30 from 25.
- "Weakener" pain chance increased to 160 from 128.
+ "Azazel" projectile speeds increased by 2. (Not ground attack)
- "Azazel" ground explosions damage reduced to 36 from 48.
+ "Shadow Priest" projectile damage increased to 2 from 1.
+ "Barbatos" rocket hit damage is now 30 - 48 from 6 - 48.
+ "Kjaroch" melee does 30 damage up from 26.
* Added a missing "Homing" property to the "Shadow Priest".
* Moved "Paladin" red projectiles 4 units higher.
* Fixed a bug where "Mephisto" could still infight with plasma.
* Fixed a bug where "Imp Abomination" was doing less damage than it should have.
* Fixed a bug where "Avatar of Chaos" cubes would still not show up sometimes.
* Fixed a bug where "Avatar of Chaos" cubes would not play their bounce sound.
* Fixed a bug where "Undead Mage" could infight imps.
* Fixed a bug where "Avatar of Chaos" could drop multiple accessories.
* Fixed a bug where "Roach" would rarely spawn in place of an imp.
* Fixed a bad state in "Grell" that made it look stupid when dead too close to the floor.
+ Increased "Terminator"'s health to 5750 from 5250.
+ "Terminator" now has "Hardened Skin".
* Changed "Terminator"'s AI a bit to make it decide easier on which attacks to use.
+ "Terminator" now gives 1850 Exp and 1350 Credit up from 1750 Exp and 1250 Credit.
+ Increased projectile speed and damage of "Cardinal" by around 20%.
+ All ArchVile class monsters have "QUICKTORETALIATE" flag on them now.
* "Shadow Disciple" should no longer just dash across the map.
* Added dynamic lights to "Death Vile".
+ Made "Iron Lich" and "Gold Lich" more aggressive.
== CVAR STUFF ==
* Value on the right is the default value. Capped at 10.
server int dnd_shop_scale = 1;
server int dnd_shop_wep_scale = 1;
server int dnd_shop_ammo_scale = 1;
server int dnd_shop_artifact_scale = 1;
server int dnd_shop_ability_scale = 1;
server int dnd_shop_talent_scale = 1;
* Monster scaling cvars.
- float dnd_monster_dmgscalepercent = 0.04 (4% damage of the base will be added per monster level)
- int dnd_monster_hpscalepercent = 4 (4% will be added per monster level)
- dnd_monsterscale = true (Toggles monster scaling)
- dnd_monster_rewardscalepercent = 5 (Affects credit and exp gain counts per level of monster, max 25)
5. ACS SOURCE
Source can be found here: DnD Source
Flags for servers:
DMFlags = 3227652
DMFlags2 = 256
DMFlags3 = 1104
CompatFlags2 = 2
- DM only weapons/items/whatever will still spawn in Coop/Survival. Zandronum bug, don't bother me about this.