Hey there, I was working on this boss fighting wad two years ago where instead of you fighting the boss, you can BE the boss!
The game works like this, at the beginning of each map there is a countdown, after the countdown is finished one random player will be picked as the boss, and then the fight commences!
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/mirror/7 ... 5f514a9a55 (Does not need skulltag actors and/or data)
- New Weapons!
- Unique bosses in each map!
- Megaman X styled boss bar!
- Stat saving!
-=Shit to do=-
- Level system? idk
-=DMFLAGS for hosting=-
Simply type in "setup" in the console to set everything up for you.
Also using random maps is highly recommended.
Start Map: Boss01
End Map: Boss23
Code: Select all
4.1 -> FINAL
++ STATS ARE REMOVED. THEY MAY BE ADDED AGAIN AS A SEPARATE ADD-ON.
+ Complete acs rewrite by watermelon
+ 1 new map by guardsoul
+ 2 new maps by ivan
+ Deathvile replaced with deathknight, by Catastrophe
+ New healthbar by watermelon
+ added attack descriptions for every boss
+ End game messages have been rehauled again
+ New Stat: Rounds Survived
+ 3 new ads by aenima
+ F1 help menu added
- Railgun damage increased
- Impaler X-Bow speed increased
- Commander movement speed increased
- Centaur radius decreased (now he can fit through the crevices)
- ultra shotgun reload speed increased
- nosferatu map lag fixed
- Mephisto energy bolt damage reduced
- Argus health reduced
- Argus speed lowered.
- Various map fixes
- Sumo speed increased.
- Commander spin attack improved.
- Commander rocket radius and direct hit damage increased.
- Nosferatu lunge fixed. (I hope)
- Centaur toro fixed.
- Centaur health more buffed
- Moloch health buffed
- Arachnophyte chaingun spread decreased
- Juggeraut bullets fixed
- Extra life will be taken away if you die for sure now.
- The "ceiling torch" in the vampire map doesn't get you stuck
- Vindicator nerfed
- Vindicator FX has been made clientsided
- Fixed typo in the checkhiscores command
3.1 -> 4.1 (The Ivan update)
+ New experimental STAT SYSTEM
- Saves stats across different servers
- Must be manually enabled
- Saves your name if you are #1
- Must be atleast 3 players in the server to record.
+ End game menu overhaul
- Now displays the servers' hiscores
- Displays your score on the bottom
- Will tell you wether or not the server records stats
+ All bosses have proper taunts now (Thanks Ivan!)
+ All bosses have proper deaths now (Thanks Ivan)
+ 4 New maps from Ivan (Again, woo!)
+ 6 New guns by Ivan
+ Added some effects to various bosses
+ Archon new attack
+ New reward, ammo regeneration
+ Activating your reward will now display to others.
+ Grenade launcher reworked
+ Small changes to all maps
+ Updated textcolors mod
+ The caco-horde has gone south for the winer and will return in a later update
- Argus weapon switching slowed
- EFG9000 speed buffed
- Moloch flame wave buffed slightly
- Annihilator no longer inflicts self damage
- Juggernaut missile speed increased
- Juggernaut chaingun damage nerfed
- Deathvile mainfire mana cost increased
- Deathvile altfire mana cost decreased
- Deathvile altfire speed increased
- Plasma commando BFG removed
- Plasma Commando rocket mana cost reduced
- Plasma Commando plasma mana cost reduced
- Plasma commando plasma damage nerfed
- Plasma Commando cant hurt itself anymore from his own rocket
- Bruiser fireball and spreadball speed increased.
- Bruiser fireball & spreadball now explode on impact
- Bruiser fireball mana cost reduced
- Moloch nails no longer bounce
- You can now carry more than 1 unactivated reward (Max 3)
- Azazel ground fire damage cut in half.
- Azazel red ball has faster speed
- Azazel now jumps high
- The extra life reward works correctly now
- Cloaking Device buffed
- I finally spelled "Annhilated" correctly
- Buffed Lich's fire projectiles to do explosion damage on impact to help him clear hordes of people easier.
- Ice wasn't one shotting 100hp people at random, this is fixed.
- Tchernobog now gives reward on death.
- Added explosion damage to Tchernobog's 3rd attack to make it more useful.
- Increased missile travel speed of 1st and 3rd attacks of Tchernobog by 2.
- AoD bullet mana lowered to 5.
- AoD ghosts health and damage increased.
- AoD grenade direct hit damage increased by 5.
- Changed Argus' radius and height so he can fit places others can.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the lightning sound of Argus wouldn't play.
- Fixed a bug where you wouldn't get any ammo for the newer weapons if you picked up a black backpack.
2.1 -> 3.1 (God REALLY hates this wad)
+ Added a reward system, currently seven possible rewards. You won't lose your reward when it changes to a new map as long as you don't die. You can get a reward by killing the boss.
[*]Cloaking Device - You will camouflage based on how dark an area is
[*]Katana Upgrade - Your Katana will be upgraded to the Flame Sword
[*]Megasphere - Guess what it does
[*]High Jump - Self explanatory
[*]Speed Boost - You move 25% faster
[*]Extra Life - You will get an extra life, does not work as boss.
[*]Gods Pistol - The lulziest reward. I guarantee it.
+ 4 New maps by Ivan! Props to him!
+ New Weapon: the Comet Launcher
+ New Weapon: the M60
+ New Weapon: Frost Fang
+ New Weapon: the FlameThrower
+ Bruiser Demon level revamped by Ivan
+ Added a new weapon, the flame sword
+ Added Fuzzballs more color text mod
+ Cacohorde is now playable again
+ Added some ads
- CacoHorde's challenge will activate every 30 rounds instead of 20
- Modified a bunch of maps
- Made the intermission picture the console background
- Got rid of a couple console warnings
- Nerfed Deathvile's health
- Nerfed Plasma Commando's health
- Fixed tchernobog's exploit
- Fixed an issue where moloch didnt have 100 mana at start
- Arachnophyte movement speed increased
2.0fix -> 2.1
+ BOSS12 is now playable.
+ All bosses rate of mana gets doubled if lower than 30% hp.
+ All bosses health caps have been severely increased.
+ All caco-horde cacodemon base speeds have been increased by 5.
+ New Status bar for anyone using the doomguy hud
+ Another new mdoom, whaddya think?
+ New intermission pic, hopefully its better
+ Fixed an issue where the orange cacodemon speed buff wasn't working.
+ Moloch buffed
+ Archon flamethrower now triple fires.
+ Hopefully fixed the end game message from bugging out again
+ Avatar ice ball projectile is now faster
+ DeathVile alt attack speed increased
+ Added a bunch of new weapon sprites, lets see what I do with it...
- Minimum speed required for Speed Demon is now 35 seconds instead of 40.
2.0 -> 2.0fix
- Annhialator no longers takes self-damage
- BFG removed from annhialator map (it teamkills)
1.1 -> 2.0
+ The Caco horde has invaded! Every 20 rounds they will issue a challenge.
* Grey Cacodemon - Rapid Fire - Town gets foggy on death
* Blue Cacodemon - Explosive Fire - Randomly revives one cacodemon
* Pink Cacodemon - Homing Fire - Fully heals all cacos
* Black Cacodemon - Insta Death Fire - All playesr have their health severely damaged
* Orange Cacodemon - Fast Fire - Increases his ally caco speed by 35%
* Brown Caco - Spread Fire - All weapons but katana for every player gets taken away.
* Green Cacodemon - Poison Fire - Every 30 seconds every player takes 10 damage.
+ New Blood-themed map from Ivan.
+ New map by arkore
+ New map by Impact
+ Any large boss that can stomp will do damage while walking now.
+ All pain states have been removed from bosses.
+ New M_DOOM picture, yeah its novice but better than nothing!
+ Added blood colors to some bosses.
+ Arachnophyte Health buffed
+ Arachnophyte Speed buffed
+ Arachnophyte plasma damage buff
+ Fixed deathviles altfire, should actually damage now
+ Fixed Juggernaut flame sprites
- Setup now disables suiciding
Release 1 -> Release 1.1
+ New Map by impact
+ New Weapon
+ Better obituary messages
+ This wad now works as a resource
+ Switching weapons now make a noise for boss
+ New end game comment message
+ Deathvile altfire redone
+ Maulotaur now makes hammer swing noises from hexen
- Flying bug fixed
- Jugger flamethrower nerfed
- Jugger size increased
- Arachnophyte health buffed
- Deathvile invulverability removed, but health increased.
- Avatars lightning buffed
- stimpack radius decresed
- Commando plasma rockets now explode
- Bruiserdemon lava trails buffed
- Jugger chaingun damage buff
Alpha 9 -> Release 1
+ Four new bosses, essentially doubling the wad
+ Boss selector works differently now, instead of it being "random" and picking the same guy 8 times in a row, it now instead scrolls down the scoreboard and picks a boss one by one.
+ End game comments - There will be end game messages based on what happens during the game, so for instance if the boss wins with less than 10% health it will say, "that was a close call".
+ Random boss balance changes, and stuff
+ Allies now drop health and ammo on death
- Commando health has been nerfed
- Commando mana per tic has been increased
- Slight camera changes (moves a bit slower and doesn't noclip)
Code: Select all
Q. How do I switch weapons when I'm the boss?
A. It's just like all out war, press altfire.
Q. Does the boss health increase based on the amount of players?
A. Why yes, it does! Don't worry they also have health caps. As in, it can't go beyond a certain number.
Q. Is the boss selection random?
A. Actually, NO! Basically it will scrolls through the scoreboard, so for example here's a list of players:
Player <--- current boss
Lets say the round ended, and the boss -was- Player, it will now pick argentum. When argentum finishes his round, it will then pick Impact. However there is no one after impact, so it will just go back to Catastrophe and start over from there.
Q. Hey isn't this saxton hale?
A. I don't know what saxton hale is, but an alpha of this wad existed before megaman 8 bit deathmatch was even released.
Q. Why is the all the bosses weapons an imp hand?
A. Do you want it to take longer for me to make a boss? :p
Q. Will there be more weapons/bosses/etc?
A. As long as I'm working on this, yes.
Spoiler: "Screenshots" (Open)
Looking for mappers!
Hey, if you submit a map for this, you can pick which boss you want in your map. So you can design the whole map around whatever boss you desire.
However, if you prefer making your own boss, follow this guide: http://bluests.enjin.com/forum/page/6/m ... uper-demon
Here's a map/boss that ivan made using the guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb313up6lis6t ... mivan2.pk3
But what bosses can you pick? Any. You can pick whatever boss you want as long as I can get permission to edit the monster freely. I'd recommend going through the monster resource wad, or realm667 to pick out a monster.
As for resources, use the latest version of this wad only