SamsaraHold Resurrection + Enhancer

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.15 - You Asked for This!

Post by Ivan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:22 am

bruiserdaemon wrote: Why having two samsaraholds? Let's just have 1 and make it good. Plus i can't host a server because of laggy connection.

You are the programmer who is good at making things but not so much at balancing them, i'm the one who can't program because i never did it but i can say what is good and what is not. Not to be arrogant, but i'm much better than you at that, let ME do the game balance for you, and nobody will say samsarahold is boring anymore, just trust me. You just have to do as i say, i can tell you everything on PM without talking here ( i actually already tried to PM you, but you didn't care to answer me, so i suppose you are not quite the guy who trusts people, you think you can do all by yourself, sorry about that but people can be better than you at least in something, you can't be good at everything that's just natural ).
This attitude won't get you far. Instead of phrasing your thoughts in this way, you could've been more gentle and implied that the author would realize that you are right sooner or later. That way people would take you more seriously compared to now, where you are just a laughing stock.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:37 am

[quote=bruiserdaemon]Not to be arrogant, but i'm much better than you at that, let ME do the game balance for you, and nobody will say samsarahold is boring anymore, just trust me. You just have to do as i say, i can tell you everything on PM without talking here ( i actually already tried to PM you, but you didn't care to answer me, so i suppose you are not quite the guy who trusts people, you think you can do all by yourself, sorry about that but people can be better than you at least in something, you can't be good at everything that's just natural ).[/quote]

This is worse than trying to intimidate your boss at work.

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:42 am

Voting system for entering maps? Hell yeah.

Also, damn finally Parias got his Ultimate nerfed. Was waiting on that for a while.

...Now if only I can actually have the internet to myself to jump back in cause it feels like a good time to do so(And to get back to causing serious mayhem.)
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:50 am

Ivan wrote:This attitude won't get you far. Instead of phrasing your thoughts in this way, you could've been more gentle and implied that the author would realize that you are right sooner or later. That way people would take you more seriously compared to now, where you are just a laughing stock.
I am a mighty demonlord, my power is unquestionable ok? Plus i'm probably older than most of you, so have some respect at least.

N30N

Post by N30N » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Untitled wrote: A voting system for entering maps.

Yes, it's finally in.

Have fun.
Finally, stronghold is now playable.
Ką?

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Hey

Everyone involved with that scuffle

Stop or get warned

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:47 pm

bruiserdaemon wrote:
Ivan wrote:This attitude won't get you far. Instead of phrasing your thoughts in this way, you could've been more gentle and implied that the author would realize that you are right sooner or later. That way people would take you more seriously compared to now, where you are just a laughing stock.
I am a mighty demonlord, my power is unquestionable ok? Plus i'm probably older than most of you, so have some respect at least.
Nobody cares how old you are. You could be 50 but you're still being childish and snobby. If your critiques aren't being heeded then just walk away or make a patch, continuing to insist that you're right and that your advice is the holy Grail to getting more players will continue to get you less respect.

Edit:
I'm stopping so I don't get warned. This is my last post about this. I'm sure I'm just repeating what others said anyways.
Last edited by Ænima on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 pm

bruiserdaemon wrote: I am a mighty demonlord, my power is unquestionable ok? Plus i'm probably older than most of you, so have some respect at least.
Okay so, age is irrelevant here. hell for all you know, most of us are probably older than you. So telling people that you're older than them like it means anything on the internet, is a dumb idea. You don't even have a date of birth specified to prove that, so you mind not trying to look bigger than people that actually don't give a shit?

Would you stop stirring up this thread negatively? It's like you're trying to ruin a perfectly fine sub-mod. It's annoying and childish for your "age".

Good project BTW Untitled, seems like I could have a reason to play this later on once my interest in Doom rises again.

EDIT: My avatar keeps resetting, and it's really starting to concern me :P
Last edited by Slim on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:50 pm

He's trolling at this point don't feed him.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:11 pm

So a couple days ago, we got 13 players into the final mission. We only ended with 3, but wow. I didn't realize how big the ability the vote was for people.
Spoiler: heartfelt thanks (Open)
I kind of have to apologize - I don't think anyone was exactly prepared for a 90-minute torture fest - and, yeah, I made STR35 a lot more fun, now that I actually have a base to go off of.

But I have to say, it's been a REALLY fun journey - TONS of updates, stuff, more stuff, I can't believe I've gotten as far as I have.

To everyone who was playing, and kept playing despite the parts that weren't as fun as the others, thank you. You've made my day.
So, well at this point it's more a "omg bugs fix them kill them all" than "hey look at new features and stuff and more stuff", samsarahold's getting pretty close to stable - Beta 2 is now out.

As always, I hope you have fun, if you're on server.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:01 pm

I was playing on ':: [BE] Montreal :: TehRealSalt's Palace of Dumb - Samsar aHold 0.15b2: You Asked for This!' and got to STR14 - Orbit when I encountered this weird bug several times.

3 waves got stuck with '1 monster left' with no discernible spot where it could be located, I think it may have fallen off the map but luckily after about 2 minutes it would mysteriously die allowing us to continue fortunately.

Except their was another weird case where some random player connected, joined, kill himself then left leaving a Corvus doll at the map start which wouldn't die which may have accounted for a monster remaining because in that situation it was broken and we had to restart the map, or it could have been a coincidence and was in referal to said monster which roamed off the map but didn't suicide.

Also with the new voting system I noticed this bug where it doesn't work if you attempt to vote to quickly as soon as the message pops up, I tested this twice by hitting yes as soon as it appeared (called by myself) and it wouldn't count my vote.

Then I couldn't re-vote the map so I was fucked, but luckily found a way to bypass this by going to the 'Training Map' then exiting to reset this whole fiasco. I now wait 2-3 seconds before making a vote now.
Last edited by Armitage on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Armitage wrote: I was playing on ':: [BE] Montreal :: TehRealSalt's Palace of Dumb - Samsar aHold 0.15b2: You Asked for This!' and got to STR14 - Orbit when I encountered this weird bug several times.

3 waves got stuck with '1 monster left' with no discernible spot where it could be located, I think it may have fallen off the map but luckily after about 2 minutes it would mysteriously die allowing us to continue fortunately.
FGFDGHDSFGKJ I hate it when this happens. I'll try to look into this a bit more.
Armitage wrote: Except their was another weird case where some random player connected, joined, kill himself then left leaving a Corvus doll at the map start which wouldn't die which may have accounted for a monster remaining because in that situation it was broken and we had to restart the map, or it could have been a coincidence and was in referal to said monster which roamed off the map but didn't suicide.
No, that doesn't account for monsters - that's simply a bug with how the random script kills you (the one that kills you if you play random).
Armitage wrote: Also with the new voting system I noticed this bug where it doesn't work if you attempt to vote to quickly as soon as the message pops up, I tested this twice by hitting yes as soon as it appeared (called by myself) and it wouldn't count my vote.

Then I couldn't re-vote the map so I was fucked, but luckily found a way to bypass this by going to the 'Training Map' then exiting to reset this whole fiasco. I now wait 2-3 seconds before making a vote now.
Ah, that's caused by the fact that basically you are given a vote gun that fires or doesn't fire depending on state - you have to wait for it to raise fully, like any other weapon, before you can fire it. Will be dealt with by next version. Which, isn't today, but should be relatively soon.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

Projects:

TehRealSalt

Post by TehRealSalt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:43 pm

You might as well call "A_Raise" more in the Raise state of the vote gun, so that the weapon raises faster. Even if there's a subtle delay, might as well make it as small of a delay as possible since there's not really a reason to have to wait for the gun to come up.
Last edited by TehRealSalt on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=Private IRC Dialog]<ExtremeBurrito> eat gas homo[/quote]

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Is their any possible method to unlock tiers without having to accomplish missions either via voting or some cvar?

I ask due to a Global Announcement I saw today about Zan V2.1 being released soon and servers might go down today.

I will be seriously pissed off to lose my hard earned progress due to the server being reset, I played all the way through from Tier 1 to Tier 5 in the space of one day. This is assuming the way Samsarahold works online is it's a live server which actively saves player progress via mission completion and ACS/decorate whatever, then after completing the final mission everything gets reset back to scratch, is this correct?

TehRealSalt

Post by TehRealSalt » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:47 pm

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 8#pid77448

There's a puke command to unlock all of the missions. It likely won't work if you're not an admin of the server, but if you happen to play on the server I hosted then I'd be fine with doing it for you.
Last edited by TehRealSalt on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Though, for future testing purposes, I recommend that you use my server; not because I'm necessarily focused in controlling everything; but simply because it increases the chances 10-fold that things get fixed, because I have a server log, and people complaining to me more directly about things not working.

EDIT:
TehRealSalt wrote: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 8#pid77448

There's a puke command to unlock all of the missions. It likely won't work if you're not an admin of the server, but if you happen to play on the server I hosted then I'd be fine with doing it for you.
Alternatively, use "Puke 910" on every map you have previously completed. It's the automatic win script.

EDIT #2: Oh, what the heck, Beta 3 is out, because why not. At this point, there's a series of fine-tunings that will take forever.

At this point, any last-minute feature requests MUST be made now - I'd say this only has one or two more betas left, if that, and after that, MAYBE a release candidate or two.
After that, features will be shifted to the dark and unforeseen future.

EDIT #3: HELL YES GL_CACHENODES NO LONGER CRASHES THE SERVER
Last edited by Untitled on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Release Candidate 1 is out, as well as V11 of the SamsaraHold Midi Music pack.

Changelog is in the OP, as always.

Have fun.
Last edited by Untitled on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

TehRealSalt

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.15 - It's Too Late!

Post by TehRealSalt » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:57 am

Since we're approaching the final frontier on this mod, I'm going to try and resuggest Highlander mode and samsarahold_cl_announcer to see if they are doable now. If not, no problem.

Untitled
Forum Regular

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.15 - It's Too Late!

Post by Untitled » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:21 pm

TehRealSalt wrote: Since we're approaching the final frontier on this mod, I'm going to try and resuggest Highlander mode and samsarahold_cl_announcer to see if they are doable now. If not, no problem.
Highlander mode (limiting the class pool as to have players select what isn't being played) is probably not going to happen because I really have no idea how to implement this (plus I have a feeling you're the only one who would host with it since limiting the class pool is definitely a server-side), plus I need to account for what happens at beyond 8 players.

I forget what samsarahold_cl_announcer was supposed to do; if it's supposed to make the stronghold announcer be quiet, then that's probably not going to happen simply because Zandronum hates me (let me put it this way: I didn't want to abandon Samsarahold_cl_turnthatdamnalarmoff. I only gave up after I did everything right and it still broke).

Anyways, Release Candidate 2 is out. Have fun!

EDIT: WHOOPS! There's a small delay - server will be up in approximately 15 minutes.

EDIT #2: Server is up.
Last edited by Untitled on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

RE: SamsaraHold - IT'S HAPPENING!

Post by mattbratt11 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:46 am

DL Links didn't work because of the 404 irritation thing.