SamsaraHold Resurrection + Enhancer

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Untitled
Forum Regular

SamsaraHold Resurrection + Enhancer

Post by Untitled » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:04 am

Untitled (and Dekw) Present:
SamsaraHold!
For those that play: You know what Samsara is.
For those that played: Remember Stronghold?
This is a new version of Samsara created solely for playing Stronghold, as the name would imply (SamsaraHold being a portmanteau of the two names. Shut up, I was lazy). These are two of my favorite WADS (ok, PK3'S), so I decided, "Wouldn't be cool to combine these two?", and I believe the best way to get something done is to do it yourself (Don't worry, we got permission from TerminusEst13 and Tormentor667).

Changes:
Spoiler: Warning: Ridiculously Large (Open)
SAMSARA CHANGES
- Chex Zorches custom enemies, of course.
- Duke taunts on custom enemies, because I would feel bad if people complained about it.
- Duke's Freezethrower and Parias' Frost shards do extra damage against fire-based enemies, as a benefit to those who read the README, and to make them usable (since freezethrower is pretty terrible for a slot 6).
- The weapon powerup device now spreads three unique items and a mystic ambit for team use. Sorry, folks, but making an original powered-up version of every samsara weapon is not in our itinerary at the moment, and never will be.
- Unique Team Powerup Item has a max of 3, rather than 1, since it's not that powerful.
- Landmines give a slot one. Ammo for landmines replaced with strife ammo pickups.
^- Fuel for flamer replaced by heretic/hexen ammo.
^- Autoshotgun is a slot 2+3
^- HRL is a slot 5+1 unique.
^- Stunner is 3 uniques straight up.
^- Railgun is slot 6+1 unique.
^- Flamer is slot6+2 uniques.
^- Pyro Cannon is slot7+2 uniques.
^- Repeater is slot6+2 uniques.
^- Devastator(Stronghold one, not Samsara one, which is renamed to " Devastator " to prevent code confusion, sorry) is slot7+2 uniques.
^- Most of the stronghold weapons drop unique items, as to allow them to see more play, as they have to be split among the team.
- The terminator explodes when killed by the fusion pistol, in reference to Marathon's hunters.
- Catharsi Detonators provide some extra explosive oomph if shot with the fusion pistol, along with detonating prematurely.
- Marine Item replaced with strife beacon.
^- Super Marine Item replaced with a custom, "elite" strife beacon.
- Random weapon device now can also give a unique, and now works for samsara.
^- Random weapon's chances for each slot are NOT equal. The chances of getting a slot 7 is 3%-4%, for example.
- Core now immune to friendly fire.
- Custom mechanical monsters take appropriate damage from the fusion pistol.
- Security Officer attains both WSTEM-5s on pick up, as per invasion mode.
- Parias' and Corvus' medikit capacity has been reduced to 4 and 5 respectively, and urn/invulnerability/megasphere capacity to 1, to prevent mass stealing from these classes (harming the team). This is for in-mission items, not buyable ones.
^- In mission Timefreeze and quad damages give corvus inventory ones.
^- These are separate from the ones you buy.
- Many slot 1's are buffed, to allow everyone to share in the Slot 1 fun.
- Because of melee weapons being terrible in Stronghold, PunchDrunk saws and uniques are super-buffed.
- Parias' Backpack capacity limited to 1, but it gives full ammo instead of half, in order to prevent mass-steals and to prevent overpoweredness with having 6 and a RWD'd wraithverge.
- Various damage values have been tweaked for balance (most noticable on Parias). The bad news is that I forgot most of them.
- Red armor replaces the old "Super Shield", because hahahahaha no free godlike for you
- Doomguy gets the Stunner Rifle/Flamer/Autoshotgun/Land Mines/Railgun/Repeater from stronghold, to help keep up the interest to play him.
NOTE: This is meant to be played in coop mode. If UV single player is Impossible at certain points, please do not complain. Just play HMP, or start farming some items first. Also, give yourself "CoopModeOn" to let samsara do some stuff.
STRONGHOLD CHANGES
MONSTERS:
-Added seven new monsters to the common beastiary: The Satyr, the Plasma Zombie (both from Realm667), and the Nightmare Cacodemon, which is nerfed from the Monster Resource Wad version; it uses Skulltag Cacolantern Shots instead of the MRW's shots (same speed, different sprites, 5-40 damage instead of 9-72), as well as moves slower (moves at 2 tics/A_Chase call instead of 1 tic/A_Chase call), Cacolantern, Abaddon, Belphegor and Dark Imp from Skulltag beastiary.
-Azazels use their original version from the Realm667 Beastiary - the one that is much nastier than the stronghold one.
-Terminators are crazy buffed - they are actually really threatening monsters instead of "eh".
-Pyrodemon health increased from 2000 to 2500, like the R667 original.
-Pyrodemon teleport distance decreased.
-Spider Masterminds and Demolishers are now smaller, so they fit in more maps.
-Hades Elementals use A_PainDie in their death state instead of A_SpawnItemEx to prevent them spawning Hades Spheres inside of walls.
-Dune Warriors no longer call A_UnSetShootable when they stealth - that was REALLY dumb.
-Apprentices in STR52 also no longer call A_UnSetShootable when they stealth, for much the same reason.
-Overmind's health increased to 50000, Overmind is invulnerable during his pain state. Overmind speeds up (calling A_Chase more) as he loses health.
-Turned the unused STBoss into an actual boss. 30000+30000*PlayerCount Health, lots of (both new and recycled) attacks.
-Moloch eruption attack updated to the new one on R667 - does say how old stronghold was, though.
-Inferno Demon health upped to 20000, calls A_Chase more often when health is lower (meaning that he starts missile-stating much more often, and, more importantly, moves much faster), is now used (STR16 and STR35).
-New Boss Monster: The Cyberdemon MK. II (as well as the mini-cybers), featured in STR26, and STR34 - it's a big guy that's not meant to be conventionally used, like the Moloch, Inferno Demon, and Overmind. Thanks to my brother for this one.
-And much like how the Overmind has the molochs, also added the Chaos Cyber (though it's not used in the same way the molochs were). Also created courtesy of my brother, not me.
WEAPONS:
-[Untitled Patch] Chaingun now fires at 3 tics/shot instead of 4 - bullets were becoming nigh-useless in Stronghold, so I wanted to make them usable.
-[Untitled Patch] Of all things, nerfed Railgun - piercing is kind of ridiculous, it turns out.
-[Untitled Patch] Restored BFG 9000 to original fire rate.
-[Untitled Patch] Because I'm crazy, the devastator uses the unused DevShooter (shoots lightning at monsters rather than randomly), and gave first half of explosions +FORCERADIUSDMG.
-[Untitled Patch] The melee attack of the devastator is now 4 attacks of 4-12 damage (instead of 2 attacks of 6-18 damage), now has a range of 256 instead of 64.
-[Untitled Patch] Buffed Pyrocannon somehow, but forgot how.
POWERUPS:
-[Untitled Patch] Weapon Powerup Kit got a complete rework - everything is much, much, more powerful under it's effects - I can't list everything here, because literally every single weapon in there is buffed. All of them.
-Morph Device now turns you into a (actually buffed) Terminator - it's more fun than the Bruiser Demon, especially since I kind of super-buffed the Terminator already - though, for good measure, I super-buffed it even further here. It also now lasts 2 minutes, rather than one.
-Regeneration Item lasts 2 minutes - since there's no way to make the regeneration regenerate more than 5 health/sec, best I could do was make it last much longer.
-Invulnerability decreased from 45 to 30 seconds, as per the intermission text.
-Barrel Maximum increased from 10 to 40, because lol.
-I Win Button super-buffed - lasts 65 seconds, changes the music to cut of the finale from "1812 Overture", and, during its duration, nets you: Quad Damage, Invulnerability, Double Movement Speed, Flying, Temporary Infinite Ammo, Weapon Powerup Kit, and sets your health to 300 and gives you a super shield (armor to 300). It's a bit over-the-top, yes, but it's 5000 Credits, and most people never use it.
SYSTEM:
-Monster spawning is at 1 tic/spawn instead of 5 tics/spawn. While this sounds like a bad idea (and it isn't perfect), this means that even if the wave is full of cannon fodder, at least it still progresses - and also, the faster spawn rate means that it's less likely to be camped. Overall, this change is the biggest one.
-Par Times have been massively extended - they should be possible on player counts other than 1. On Ultra Violence.
-Par Times no longer fail you for going over them - you simply don't get a bonus.
-In fact, time attack mode, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists - there's no time attack penalty.
-Instead, on replay mode - actually, I'll save that for later.
-Overmind Game Mode has been completely reworked - The Overmind's health no longer scales with playercount, but every 10% of health the Overmind loses, the overmind goes invincible for (WaveCount-1)*(PlayerCount))+30 seconds, before it can be harmed again. To prevent core loss from excessive player count, the cores also go invincible during this time. The overmind also gains damage reduction the more it's hurt, and speeds up the more it's hurt. It also will start aiming at players at below 50% health.
-The reasoning to why it no longer scales health is basically it crashed for no apparent reason when I tried to use the health scaler on playercounts higher than one - there was no explanation, so I decided to find an alternative to the current problem, and invincibility time was the perfect solution.
-The Item Buying delay, which used to be 25 tics, is now only 1 tic - you can now buy items as fast as you please - this actually makes things a lot smoother in intermission, because it means the shop doesn't get "stuck" on high player counts.
-Added new achievements, but that's not something I expect anyone else to worry about.
-Increased a whole bunch of numbers, to give me more room in creating maps, because I can be a bit of a slaughter enthusiast:
#define MAX_ENEMY_ENTRIES 512 //Originally 72
#define MAX_WEAPON_ITEMS 256 //Originally 32
#define MAX_MEDIC_ITEMS 2048 //Originally 128
#define MAX_POWERUP_ITEMS 1024 //Originally 128
#define MAX_AMMO_ENTRIES 1024 //Originally 256
#define MAX_AMMO_ACTORS 4096 //Originally 32, highly suspect it was never used
#define MAX_MAP_REWARDS 32 //Originally 8
#define MAX_RADIO_MSGS 512 //Originally 80
#define MAX_ENEMIES_PER_WAVE 8192 //Originally 512
MAPS:
-Almost every map (ie, basically everything except STR26, STR30 onwards, and the secret missions) now has a player-scaling feature: A Giant "if" block that basically loads an entirely new set of actors (on top of the current ones) into the waves (this check occurs at the very start of the mission), which are much higher tier (both weapons and monsters) than would be normally featured, which means that higher player-counts cannot just keep the spawn-zone on lockdown (monsters never being able to escape since they die faster than the spawn), which was a problem.
-Maps with arbitrary barriers preventing players from walking onto the spawn zone (STR02, STR03, STR06, STR07, STR09, STR11, STR13, STR14, STR15, STR16, STR17, STR23, STR29 wave 1-2, STR33, STR35, STR52) now allow players to walk further in. Maps with damage-looking textures on the spawn zone (STR09, STR14, STR17, STR23) now have damaging floors to compensate.
-On maps with ledges, you can now kill monsters by knocking them off said ledges (STR03, STR04, STR13, STR14, STR16, STR20, STR30, STR32).
-Milestone and Goal maps start giving you items when you lose Milestones and Goals so losing the first goal isn't basically game over.
-Decreased the amount of shell ammo on most maps - seriously, we NEVER go through it all.
-STR05 has more platforming room - that's actually thanks to TehRealSalt, not me.
-STR15 almost completely reworked - the spawn zones themselves are enlargened, and the path nodes deliberately cross the battlefield to get to the opposite door (rather than the closest one) because the map is too small to support really anything otherwise.
-General rework of STR16 to be slightly less repetitive.
-Replaced Smoldering Caves (STR18), with Delta Bunker (also STR18) from the RC2, because Delta Bunker was actually a much cooler map. I also did a large (but not massive) overhaul of Delta Bunker itself, but again, the little map changes are very abundant, listing all of them is a futile effort.
-STR23 reworked, actor wise - entire mission is basically new, map layout isn't.
-STR27 is also completely reworked - only has 8 waves now, (10 waves dragged out too long) and much nastier wave composition.
-STR31 is now Shell Shock from the RC1 - now because I didn't like Black Gold, but it was randomly causing server-lag (only on my server, irritatingly enough), so I got mad.
-STR14 and STR22 have swapped positions - STR14 is now Locus of Pestilence, STR22 is orbit. Both have entirely reworked waves.
-STR20 and STR32 have also swapped positions - STR20 is now Snake Corridors (with a reworked actor selection because it's no longer in tier six), and STR32 is now Dusk (with severely reworked actor selection AND a severely reworked path noding, since it IS in tier six).
-Antlion Nebula (STR33) is now much harder, because it's T6M7 and was disappointingly easy originally.
-Three Ways to Die (STR34) is also much harder, featuring every single monster type in the game, throughout its now 13 waves.
-The Final Stand (STR35) is also reworked to be more balanced (no more Wave 6 Cyberdemons, but Wave 16-19 is much harder now).
-STR35 has 21 waves, though wave 21 is just a bunch of STBossSkeletons (The STBoss is spawned in separately so I have more control over him).
-STR50 has the kamikaze sentries removed (they broke the mission about 50% of the time), mission is generally reworked, uses two new DN3D tracks.
-STR54 also reworked, using monster compositions featured in the original TUTNT (this and STR56 are why I added the Satyr).
-STR56 reworked, however, it uses monster comositions from various E1M8 references (First couple waves are the original and/or the PSX version, Wave 5 is Phobos revisited, then it's KDIZD, then just me being random from wave 9 onwards)
-A completely ridiculous amount of trivial stuff I expect no one else to worry over.
Spoiler: Old Screenshots (Open)
Tunnel:
Frozen:
Spoiler: FAQ (Open)
-Q: How do I run this?
A: Load your stronghold files first, then load the samsarahold core file, then the maps file. You'll get a bunch of warnings which will be fixed never because I'm too lazy to go through fixing what's not broken.
OR
A: Join a server. Seriously, join a server - multiplayer samsarahold is so much more fun. Well, except for the parts which are broked, but those are surprisingly few now.
-Q: Bugs!
A: Three options: 1. Post it in this thread, 2. Reproduce the bug on the server, or 3. Contact me via IRC (irc.zandronum.com, channel is #Anakeion)
-Q: Feature Request!
A: Two options: 1. Post it in the thread, or 2. Contact me on the IRC and we can discuss it there.
-Q: Doomguy gets extra weapons why not everyone else-
A: Doomguy's extra weapons were less a "make doomguy more powerful" thing and more a "make doomguy more interesting"; take notice of the fact that all of his new weapons are more utility (stunner, mines, railgun), and conventional usage (autoshotgun, repeater). I added the weapons specifically to give players more reason to pick doomguy, all things equal, since he was the least interesting hero (due to being, well, too plain vanilla).
-Q: WTF MISSING PACKETS FFGGASDLGFJALFK
A: Samsarahold does that. If I knew how, and had the tools to fix it, believe me, I would. We do try our best, though. It's just not successful most of the time.
-Q: ADDON CLASSES
A: Probably not, sorry.
-Q: You made some bad decisions with your mod and-
A: First off, please take note of the fact that neither samsara nor stronghold are my mods. But I can promise you, any decision I've made, at any point, has justification. You can ask me, and I will respond. Some of the decisions were personal "Heh, this might be cool", and others are "I had to do this to fix a fundamentally broken problem". Either way, my decisions are subjectively made from my point of view (though I try to remain as objective as possible), and maybe I have made mistakes. If you want to discuss mistakes I've made or potentially made, please either A: Post it in the thread, or B: Contact me VIA #Anakeion. In fact, if possible, contact me in #Anakeion, I'm most responsive there.
-Q: wtf it crashed
A: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Spoiler: Interesting Dev Trivia (Open)
DEV HISTORY:
-In the pre-samsarahold dev period, it took me and dekw 12 releases before we got one that actually functioned enough to get through more than one tier.
-The 17th release officially doesn't exist (it was a thing, but it went missing and there was historically no server of it).
-The 39th release doesn't exist either - for some odd reason I skipped that one, going straight from 38 to 40.
-Originally, this was simply called Samsara/Stronghold - I renamed it SamsaraHold after I figured out how to use GitHub, which allowed me to make it not suck.
-It took me literally 70 releases before I realized how to use GitHub, embarrassingly.
-In current SamsaraHold history, the hardest bug we've ever fixed is the Overmind bug.
MONSTERS:
-Satyrs and Plasma Zombies aren't actually part of the vanilla stronghold repository - I added them to compliment the Azazel.
-In normal stronghold, the Terminator is an underwhelming boss enemy. It's now probably the toughest normally-used monster in the entire game.
PLAYERS:
-Security Officer is probably the most overpowered hero in-game - both right now and in early dev history - the KKV, WSTE-M5s, SPNKR, TOZ-T, WMC are all good weapons.
-Ranger has caused me more grief balance wise than any other hero.
-For a long time, players took no splash damage from their own weapons. This broke SO even further, as mentioned below.
WEAPONS:
-The Wave Motion Cannon was ludicrously overpowered, originally - Dekw, after mastering it, could consistently double everyone else's scores. It was ridiculous.
-The Quad Damage, for a long time, was bugged; you could actually continuously quad by picking it up again, negating the entire cooldown, allowing continuous quad. This was fixed for obvious reasons.
-For a time, I broke the wraithverge AI, making the wraithverge near-useless - to make it work again, I quadrupled it's damage. When I fixed the AI, I forgot to revert the damage, resulting in the most broken weapon in any update in samsara/stronghold history.
ITEMS:
-The I Win Button item used to be much weaker - but it was general consensus that it wasn't worth 5K credits, so I buffed it. Massively.
-The Terminator Powerup used to be a Bruiserdemon Powerup - The novelty had worn off, so I replaced it with the Terminator suit - which is much more fun. I had considered the Pyrodemon for a while, but I decided Terminators would be better for balance.
-Originally, the beacon item used to spawn marines that wielded the samsara weapons, using the weapon set from the class of the person who spawned them. It got swapped out for the beacon by popular demand. These marines are still present in the code, but are only used in STR54 and STR35, unless samsarahold_allymarines is on.
-In development, The Super Beacon summoned a single boss from each hero's game - Cyberdemon for Doomguy, for example. The reason I canceled that line of thought was because of Ranger - I had no quake resources for the Shambler, which was the most logical choice. Or maybe Armagon from Scourge of Armagon. Then I decided that this would've been even worse for balance and scrapped it entirely. Given that the super beacon wrecks balance now, it was probably good I caught myself.
The PK3's are on Painkiller.
File Names:
samsaraHold-res7-core.pk3
samsaraHold-res7-maps.pk3

StrongholdUntitledRes7.pk3

SAMSARAHOLD MIDI MUSIC:
Yeah, thing I did for fun. My choices of midi might not match yours. Also works in both samsarahold and original stronghold (though it works better in samsarahold, obviously).
strnghld_midimusic_v12

SAMSARAHOLD EX:
Based off of the Monster Randomizer. Adds a lot of new monsters.
SamsaraHold-Enhancer-v9

The main server for SamsaraHold is (on the rare occasion it's actually functional) up on the TSPG-Painkiller Doomseeker Server Cluster. I'm usually the admin.

For anyone who wants to host while the server is down, use TSPG-Painkiller (BestEver is kill):
Here's the server setup (copy paste it in the BestEver IRC):
Spoiler: SamsaraHold (Open)
.host hostname="SamsaraHold Resurrection!" iwad=doom2.wad wad=strnghld_v1.pk3,strnghld_violence_v4.pk3,StrongHoldEditsNFixesv1.1PatchV4.1.pk3,StrongholdItemsV7.1.pk3,samsaraHold-res7-core.pk3,samsaraHold-res7-maps.pk3 optwad=strnghld_midimusic_v12.pk3 config=samsarahold.cfg gamemode=coop
Spoiler: Stronghold Untitled Patch (Open)
.host hostname="Stronghold: Untitled's Resurrection!" iwad=doom2.wad wad=strnghld_v1.pk3,strnghld_violence_v4.pk3,StrongHoldEditsNFixesv1.1PatchV4.1.pk3,StrongholdItemsV7.1.pk3,StrongholdUntitledRes7.pk3 optwad=strnghld_midimusic_v12.pk3 config=samsarahold.cfg gamemode=coop
Last edited by Untitled on Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 am, edited 21 times in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

RE: Samsara/Stronghold

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:20 am

niec, too bad stronghold is opengl only and is full of fps drop D:

chesse20
Forum Regular

Post by chesse20 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:00 am

Lord_of_D: wrote: niec, too bad stronghold is opengl only and is full of fps drop D:
i dont use open gl and it works fine for me

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:55 am

Lord_of_D: wrote: niec, too bad stronghold is opengl only and is full of fps drop D:
Lols, playing this thing in Software for the past two years; don't tell me it's OpenGL only. My only problem is the map maker's constant spamming use of 3D floors.

And about time a thread was made for the changes and stuff. Now I don't have to bother you anymore.

I'm interested in seeing how the new morph sphere will work in various situations.
Last edited by Espio on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Meh, My only problem was the ******* PYRODEMONS LAGGING MY GAME STRAIGHT TO THE FIERY LAYERS OF HELL (Literally), And after that happened in convulsion of nature too many times to count, I decided to do something about it, and according to dekw (he's my brother, who helps out behind the scenes), What I did actually worked (he says he can actually fight pyrodemons now, rather than trying to fight them and getting packet'd)

Espio: The New Morph Sphere is currently interesting. While there's nothing as directly overpowered as say, the ground spikes, it's best used against smaller numbers of mid-to-high tier monsters. The Blood Missile does a TON of ripper damage to demons without the boss flag (Hectebi in particular, since they're large), and with lower-tier monsters, it clears out a nice circular area. The Red Star (Homing)...I just made that fire faster, still relatively useless, but hey. The Terminator Blaster does alot of damage straight up, and the Super-Super-Chaingun is the ultimate suppression chaingun ever created. Back off, demolisher, though it's so inaccurate you can't use it outside of melee. Plus, you'll probably have more health than say, the bruiser demon (But not a full terminator's health, as that would be kind of OP, since it allows you to walk in and just take bfg hits without caring, and face it: It's not an invulnerability, but giving you several thousand HP would make it one.)
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

Projects:

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Basically just general use of it for close quarter maps like Antlion Nebula. Is 0.65 coming out later today or tomorrow?

To any newbie that's new to Stronghold reading this:

Do me and your whole team (If there is one) a favor and play the Single Player tutorial first so you can get a basic grasp of what's going on. Always buy super armor so you can get cash and help your team even more!
Last edited by Espio on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Konar6>blow*

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Because of events happening later today of this writing, probably either tomorrow or the day after.
However, have a beta version (check out the big post at the top)!

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 pm

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
I'm going to enjoy the morph sphere even more now. Can't wait to see what attacks will be best against groups of hellspawn with and without quads.

Quad + chain gun = minced Cyberdemon in seconds if at melee range.

<Konar6>blow*

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:01 am

It's still kind of a WIP.
It turns out that the next version isn't coming out tomorrow, as a horrible horrible bug just HAD to rear it's ugly head. Basically, in a nutshell, the WSTE-M5s broke. Again. I hate my life. (See EDIT #2)

EDIT: Lord_of_D: Me, Dekw, and someone I'm not mentioning the name of (he specifically asked to not get credited with anything related to my personal project) helped de-lag stronghold as much as possible. you can now actually fight pyrodemons (whereas they lagged out basically everyone), and the intermission map is now playable for most people. I also did the painful, painful work of making STR28 not lag, because the lag spike was so bad it packets everyone from the server, which is REALLY bad.
As Espio says, you CAN play Stronghold in Software mode. It doesn't look nearly as good, but hey, go ahead, if it works, it works.

EDIT#2: I got everything fixed! 0.65 is out! Go forth and defend strongholds from the demons!
Last edited by Untitled on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:07 am

Alright, 0.66 is out. Check the changelog, it's pretty big this time.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Awesome, I gotta update my server!

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 am

did you really did it for me? :3. anyway thank god theres going to be less lag in some maps(not mentioning many bug fixes)

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:58 am

I seriously need to take this mod for a spin sometime soon.

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Lord_of_D: wrote: did you really did it for me? :3. anyway thank god theres going to be less lag in some maps(not mentioning many bug fixes)
Str30 is actually playable now. Until you get to wave 7.. lol. Projectile spam everywhere.

<Konar6>blow*

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Some good news to people with rocks like mine. Currently the giant lag issue on str35 has been the 10000 sector skybox hanging over to the right of the map. While detail is great... that's incredibly excessive and completely bricks old hardware. There is still a leftover sector when facing a certain spot in-game creating some lag when such skybox is removed.. but I'm not a mapper and don't have a clue how to fix it.

<Konar6>blow*

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:39 pm

stronghold has never lagged for me, and i run maxxed out opengl 1080p.

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 pm

mr fiat wrote: stronghold has never lagged for me, and i run maxxed out opengl 1080p.
Are you playing on a laptop? Is an Acer? Has a single core Celeron? A GMA? No? Ok.

Not trying to seem like a dick about it, but I'm not going to be discouraged away from the last mission just because Tormentor wants his fancy skybox with random ships and meteors flying about in the 10k sector.

<Konar6>blow*

Untitled
Forum Regular

RE: SamsaraHold - 0.1 - A New Era...

Post by Untitled » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Alright. It is time.

This update is HUGE. Biggest update ever, with craploads of new stuff, balance, new codebase, me learning how to use SmartGit and GitHub, (UntitledsTakenNOOOO is my username, SamsaraHold is the repository)

The server is now up. It's an alpha, so just be polite about reporting bugs.

Have fun!

<Untitled> Depends

Projects:

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:06 pm

I don't like the fact that Godlike bonus got removed. Sure it was easy to get in the earlier maps, but I'd like to see YOU get it at the later maps of tier 2 and beyond. It's purpose was to give you a better start for bigger payment, which meant taking a risk. Now with the red armor... what's the point of the Godlike bonus? You will almost always fail to get it anyway.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Here's the problem. I can comfortably get godlike in the first, say, six missions (that's what I usually manage, more if there's people helping me), since super shield EZ mode (because now I have 300 points of leeway)

That's $30000. Enough to make a complete joke of harder missions. Which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Let's say the Standard Tier 4 Mission expects you to survive on, what, let's say an average 3500-4000$.

Currently, when we tally the victories from winning the mission alone as well as from previous missions and other bonuses we potentially got (which is already like 1500-2000$ plus whatever monsters you kill), we have enough to spend completely ridiculous amounts and joke all of tier 4. Depending on how you save up the godlike collection, you could joke tier 5. Hell, if you have that much effort (Tier 5 is hard) you could joke half of tier 6.

Yeah no. Not happening.

Basically I believe that hard stuff should actually be hard.
And in addition, there's like a dozen new achievements to get now so yeah, go for 'em.

Also, godlike didn't get removed

It just actually requires you take no damage
Last edited by Untitled on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

<Untitled> Depends

Projects: