Ragnarok Deathmatch!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Ragnarok Deathmatch!

Post by Ivan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Hello everyone, I'd like to present you something that has been around for quite awhile. It's my take on deathmatch with maps from many others featuring numerous styles all in one pack. Some have mazes, some have squares, some have spam, some even have puzzles and secrets! If you dislike one you are bound to like the other! Some of the themes include Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Rise of the Triad, Blood, Shadow Warrior and much more!

Some obligatory screenshots: Click here!

A video showcasing some gameplay: [spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

And finally, a download link to the actual thing: Click here to download RagnarokDM!

Be sure to download the super awesome music pack! Don't be afraid of the filesize, it's TOTALLY worth it, as many have said! You put this file in your skins folder. Click here to download RagnarokDM Music Pack!

This mod also features a lot of new content such as new weapons, items and what not! Here is a readme for those:
[spoiler]======== RAGNAROK WEAPONS GUIDE ========

- The weapons are heavily edited here, so some weapons may not act the same as their Vanilla counterparts. Here are the changes;

* Chainsaw can now potentially 1 to 3 hit kill players.
* Pistol does so much more damage now, although a bit slower. It's also very accurate.
* Shotgun shoots 9 pellets rather than 7 now and has vertical spread.
* Supershotgun does tiny bit more damage per pellet and spreads less.
* Chaingun does tiny bit more damage per pellet.
* Minigun is a bit slower but tiny bit more damaging, it also has wind up and wind down sequences.
* Rockets are a bit faster.
* Plasma rifle damage increased a bit.
* Railgun is remade, it shoots a rail that does 100 damage now and has no need to reload.
* BFG9000 ball is made to one shot you at all costs. (Except when you have a fully charged PSI armor)

- And some new weapons also exist, some of them are:

* The Riotgun. This beast of a weapon shoots lesser amount of pellets compared to Shotgun but they do more damage. There's also the alternate fire mode which causes it to shoot up any ammo left in the drum.
* The Plasma Cannon. This weapon makes Plasma Rifle look like a toy. This shoots a big plasma ball that goes straight and accelerates after 1.5 seconds, and when it accelerates after
a certain while, it explodes into a vortex that deals constant area damage. You do not get harmed by this. However, there's something beautiful with this weapon, you can detonate the plasma
ball at will, by simply defining a detonate key in your options. However, this WILL hurt you and after 1.5 seconds in which it starts accelerating, there's no way to detonate it, so use it wisely!
* The Hell Gate. This fearsome demonic weapon bears the power of inferno inside it. This weapon will spit out flames at first, but after a while if you keep firing, the weapon will become more powerful,
spitting both flames and souls of damned to seek your enemies. Killing people with this scorches them and feeds the demons, granting you additional ammo.
* The Missile Launcher. This isn't the generic rocket launcher type you know, this launches rockets that accelerate slowly and do more damage overall than a standard rocket. This weapon's beauty however comes from
the alternate fire modes it has, which can be switched with alternate fire key. It has 3 modes in total : Normal, Guided and Nuke. Guided missiles can only be used with a Heat-Seeking Card acquired. It makes the 5 shots you got
homing for your missiles. After that, it switches back to normal. The nuke mode, which is a nuclear warhead, takes 4 seconds to ready-up. After that, you can not switch any modes before launching it. It is your typical nuclear warhead
that owns anything on sight in a huge radius and after the explosion it keeps dealing damage constantly on a big area. Be sure to take cover after using it, though!
* For the rest of the weapons, explore, explore and explore!

======== RAGNAROK ITEMS GUIDE ========

- There are quite a lot of wonders around the maps, mostly being the stuff we are used to. However there may be some things you haven't seen before such as;

* Life Boost. A poor soul captured in a green flask that will boost your health by 15.
* God Mode. This is self explanatory. You launch incredibly damaging projectiles for 10 seconds, at the cost of all the weapons you had! You can not be harmed by any weapon. This is pretty much
like BFG9000 or BFG10k in a way, in which makes everyone either target you or fear you.
* PSI Armor. This isn't the usual kind of armor you know, it actually protects you from ALL damage you take. However to use it, you must have some cell ammo. It converts all the cells you have to damage absorbing
armor. You need to have at least 50 cells to activate it. To use it, you simply press the "Activate Item" key.[/spoiler]

Hosting Ragnarok Deathmatch:
[spoiler]======== RUNNING RAGNAROK DEATHMATCH ========

* This mod features Zandronum specific commands thus it will not work properly with Skulltag.
* To use this mod completely functional with Zandronum it is advised that you use skulltag_data.pk3 and skulltag_actors.pk3 WITH THIS EXACT ORDER BEFORE RAGNAROKDM.pk3 OR RAGNAROKDMVXXX.pk3
* Preferred Flags;

- dmflags=2642948, dmflags2=1536, compatflags=524352

* Maplist;

- MAP01-MAP23

* If you want to run additional mods with Ragnarok, be sure to ask ME (Ivan) FIRST! It may work, it may not work, it may work but then crash your server or worse... Arnold may press charges against you!
* For the best experience it is advised you use Arnold Schwarzenegger skin with this!

!*!*! Gameplay MOD(s) which are known to work with Ragnarok !*!*!

- Samsara LMS. (Only known bug is the jump heights of players are lower than what is meant to be in Samsara, but it is perfectly fit for maps, DM etc. won't work because this has new weapons and it MAY bug for some classes)[/spoiler]

I also leave the development of this to tor-bjorn, so in case some bug happens to be there just direct it to him, I will not have much time to take care of stuff anymore. On an unrelated note, the credits.txt is in the pk3, in case you want to know where some of the musics are from.

Enjoy and happy fragging!!
Last edited by Ivan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Ragnarok Deathmatch!

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:45 pm

yes epic mod

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 am

I am usually not a fan of DM in general, but This wad is pretty damn good

Llewellyn
Forum Regular

Post by Llewellyn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 am

Slyfox wrote: I am usually not a fan of DM in general, but This wad is pretty damn good
It's okay with a low amount of players who generally know the wad well, but if you put a lot of players who don't know the maps that well (FNF) then a lot of the maps suck.

Qent

Post by Qent » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 pm

I like your additions to my map. :biggrin:

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Yeah well, it's out there on Best Ever right now, looking for more hosts!

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:38 pm

This is freaking awesome.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:00 am

Call me a party pooper but I'm not a huge fan of the A3 map. Nothing to do with the clan; I'm not too fond of the layout and how the middle area all looks the same almost.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 am

Only problems I have with it are that triggering the BFG teleport is way too easy and the invisible wall blocking the supercharge looks ugly the way it is. It's a simple map but not awful.

Qent

Post by Qent » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:08 am

Marcaek wrote: triggering the BFG teleport is way too easy
That's definitely a bug. You're "supposed" to have to jump to the ledge, and then to the blue panel before you can teleport. Apparently Infer forgot to check switch height.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Marcaek wrote: Only problems I have with it are that triggering the BFG teleport is way too easy and the invisible wall blocking the supercharge looks ugly the way it is. It's a simple map but not awful.
I'll let him know. Thanks for feedback!

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:09 pm

I could not play it, Zandro couldn't launch it because of some decorate state(still can't) So i tried it only on recent FNF
...and damn man, that rockd so hard!
I was sceptic after screens and videos because it was so mixy DM from other games. Always gotta try wad instead of judging by screens.
Image ImageImage

Mysyk

Clan: 4-bit games
Clan Tag: 4bit

Post by Mysyk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:59 am

Looking forward to host it.
The battle has begun. Enemy Titan's shield taking damage.
They are missiling our Titan's shield. Re-activate on Silos.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Glad to hear people still play this. Always good to hear comments good or bad.