[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Wed May 31, 2017 4:38 pm

Blast88 wrote:So are you sure the True Leg Card is more powerful than the True Leg Cyber? I can remember hearing about the True Leg Cyber being the most powerful in LCA but it probably turned out to be the True Leg Card as the most powerful. Also, should the 100% chance of the True Leg Card from the Leg Card be only in multiplayer mode?
Honestly, I think the strongest monster is a battle between the True Leg Card and the Sentient and that's how it should be. 100% spawn chance in multiplayer only wouldn't really make sense since he's already rare as is. He spawns less offline than online.
Untitled wrote:Hey, I've got an idea: How about you remove the chance for the Strong TLC to spawn from the Legendary Cyberdemon, and make it able to spawn from the Legendary Annihilator? It gives the legendary annihilator the fear factor of "is he gonna go true", because as of currently, the Legendary Cyberdemon is kind of scarier, just for the chance that it could turn into something really ugly.
Ah interesting idea, I could maybe do that or just finally finish the TLA. I have more free time now anyway so I GUESS I could try and at least finish the sprites and then move onto the coding later. Hmm I'll see though cause you are right, Leg Anni is supposed to be scarier since he's stronger than the normal Leg Cyb but since he doesn't have a transformation he isn't.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Legendary wrote:
Blast88 wrote:So are you sure the True Leg Card is more powerful than the True Leg Cyber? I can remember hearing about the True Leg Cyber being the most powerful in LCA but it probably turned out to be the True Leg Card as the most powerful. Also, should the 100% chance of the True Leg Card from the Leg Card be only in multiplayer mode?
Honestly, I think the strongest monster is a battle between the True Leg Card and the Sentient and that's how it should be. 100% spawn chance in multiplayer only wouldn't really make sense since he's already rare as is. He spawns less offline than online.
Untitled wrote:Hey, I've got an idea: How about you remove the chance for the Strong TLC to spawn from the Legendary Cyberdemon, and make it able to spawn from the Legendary Annihilator? It gives the legendary annihilator the fear factor of "is he gonna go true", because as of currently, the Legendary Cyberdemon is kind of scarier, just for the chance that it could turn into something really ugly.
Ah interesting idea, I could maybe do that or just finally finish the TLA. I have more free time now anyway so I GUESS I could try and at least finish the sprites and then move onto the coding later. Hmm I'll see though cause you are right, Leg Anni is supposed to be scarier since he's stronger than the normal Leg Cyb but since he doesn't have a transformation he isn't.
Yeah I notice the Leg Card rarely spawns. Even more rare spawning than the Leg Anni. And you said he spawns less offline than online. So makes sense that the Leg Card gets the 256/256 chance of transforming into his true form. Now the TLA should be finished and spawn from the Leg Anni as that would be better.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Wed May 31, 2017 11:32 pm

ofc he is rare, his spawn rate is 1/256...

Qinjaal
New User

Post by Qinjaal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Is there a way to disable Legendary spawns until a certain map? I play solo and a lot of the time I get a legendary spawn in the first map, sometimes when I'm still using only the pistol.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Qinjaal wrote:Is there a way to disable Legendary spawns until a certain map? I play solo and a lot of the time I get a legendary spawn in the first map, sometimes when I'm still using only the pistol.
Nope, the spawns are completely random. You should maybe reset until you get a different run.

Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Killer2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:26 pm

I agree with moving the strong TLC to the leg Annihilator temporarily until TLA is finished, I think it's a great idea.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Killer2 wrote:I agree with moving the strong TLC to the leg Annihilator temporarily until TLA is finished, I think it's a great idea.
Hmm, I might do that for 1.5.9.5.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Now we need to make sure that for the normal TLC, the sky should change after he exploded.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:37 am

Blast88 wrote:Now we need to make sure that for the normal TLC, the sky should change after he exploded.
Wait what I just checked and it does. I might need to buff the Leg Stealth Trooper though he seems a bit weak to me to say his weapon drop is so good.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

i recently come back from being away from zandronum for months already tested the new update it's really cool but some legendarys then they stand there death they body still being bright can you fix that?

Alex1337
New User

Post by Alex1337 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:15 am

I encountered a glitch/bug/me just messing up. Whenever I try to join a server with LCA it gives me this message:

Script error, "lca-v1.5.9.4.pk3:actors/weapons/legendaryplasmaticrifle.txt" line 93:
Invalid state parameter acs_namedexecutealways

I don't know if you've dealt with it before(sorry if you have I just can't be bothered to browse 28 pages of comments). Any help?
This happens for any version of lca btw

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Alex1337 wrote:I encountered a glitch/bug/me just messing up. Whenever I try to join a server with LCA it gives me this message:

Script error, "lca-v1.5.9.4.pk3:actors/weapons/legendaryplasmaticrifle.txt" line 93:

I don't know if you've dealt with it before(sorry if you have I just can't be bothered to browse 28 pages of comments). Any help?
Use zandronum 3.0.
http://zandronum.com/downloads/testing/ ... indows.zip
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Alex1337
New User

Post by Alex1337 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Fused wrote:
Alex1337 wrote:I encountered a glitch/bug/me just messing up. Whenever I try to join a server with LCA it gives me this message:

Use zandronum 3.0.
http://zandronum.com/downloads/testing/ ... indows.zip
i feel like an idiot

Deathisnear24

Post by Deathisnear24 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Is it possible to change the Explosive Minigun back to pre 1.5.9 sprite? The new one takes up way too much of the screen making is very hard to see what's infront of you when firing, thus I much prefer the angled version of it more than the centered. Is it possible to do this with the skins folder or not?

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:19 pm

Deathisnear24 wrote:Is it possible to change the Explosive Minigun back to pre 1.5.9 sprite? The new one takes up way too much of the screen making is very hard to see what's infront of you when firing, thus I much prefer the angled version of it more than the centered. Is it possible to do this with the skins folder or not?
Well, here is a pk3 you can load after LCA.
lca-v1.5.9-to-v1.5.8-explosive-minigun-sprites.pk3

As for skins, the problem is skins are loaded before the lca pk3 is loaded. So, what happens is that lca just overwrites your skin.

Deathisnear24

Post by Deathisnear24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 pm

arkore wrote:

As for skins, the problem is skins are loaded before the lca pk3 is loaded. So, what happens is that lca just overwrites your skin.
That's what I figured was the case, that the server would have to be running it. I had the same thing in my skins folder but noticed in the launch console that the skins were loaded before the files on the server. Thanks.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 am

theundeadsoldierx9 wrote:i recently come back from being away from zandronum for months already tested the new update it's really cool but some legendarys then they stand there death they body still being bright can you fix that?
Welcome back, haven't heard from you in a while. I'll try to get that fixed for the next update.
arkore wrote:
Deathisnear24 wrote:Is it possible to change the Explosive Minigun back to pre 1.5.9 sprite? The new one takes up way too much of the screen making is very hard to see what's infront of you when firing, thus I much prefer the angled version of it more than the centered. Is it possible to do this with the skins folder or not?

Thanks.

Peashooter577
New User

Post by Peashooter577 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm

I think I found a bug in Devastator, if you fire it, then you start receving free points and spawns a ton of blood into Devastator ball. This bug is from an actor called PlayerDevastatorProjectileAttack, cause it has the MONSTER combo flag. Also, can you please remove the noclip shit from Cardinal and TLC? ppl on servers just spam D-BFG on them, it's annoying. You should change the noclip by bounce, I think it will be better.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Peashooter577 wrote:I think I found a bug in Devastator, if you fire it, then you start receving free points and spawns a ton of blood into Devastator ball. This bug is from an actor called PlayerDevastatorProjectileAttack, cause it has the MONSTER combo flag. Also, can you please remove the noclip shit from Cardinal and TLC? ppl on servers just spam D-BFG on them, it's annoying. You should change the noclip by bounce, I think it will be better.
that bug is old, leggy should add +NOBLOOD and fixed

so don't play with replacer or lca-ark :cool: ((((and replacer makes the gameplay easier, you get everything too early))))

use bfg9k, is the same shit.

Edit:
better nuke should only affect the person who shot him with the dbfg, not the entire party.

Peashooter577
New User

Post by Peashooter577 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Peashooter577 wrote:I think I found a bug in Devastator, if you fire it, then you start receving free points and spawns a ton of blood into Devastator ball. This bug is from an actor called PlayerDevastatorProjectileAttack, cause it has the MONSTER combo flag. Also, can you please remove the noclip shit from Cardinal and TLC? ppl on servers just spam D-BFG on them, it's annoying. You should change the noclip by bounce, I think it will be better.
that bug is old, leggy should add +NOBLOOD and fixed

so don't play with replacer or lca-ark :cool: ((((and replacer makes the gameplay easier, you get everything too early))))

use bfg9k, is the same shit.

Edit:
better nuke should only affect the person who shot him with the dbfg, not the entire party.
I tested the Devastator bug once again, and the blood thing should be fixed, but free points it's still occurring, cause MONSTER combo flag that adds a lot of flags including +SOLID, +SHOOTABLE ...
It just needs the +ISMONSTER flag.

JUST DON'T PLAY isn't a good argument immo, better improve it instead of do nothing.

Yeah, better than killing everyone in the map.