[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
spartanoo2
New User

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by spartanoo2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 pm

im not like very much the new camera mid the explosive minigun i see very rare

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Legendary wrote:Hello everyone! The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here, the release of LCA-v1.5.9!
Absolutely fantastic work, all of you! Honestly, from what I've seen of this new version in SLADE, this is going to be a ton of fun! There's so many updates and fixes, I can't even begin to address them all...but I'll sure as hell try! I'll be testing the hell out of this as well as the new Zandronum, and I'll be starting my next gameplay series very soon. Great fixes, great new stuff, fantastic update, can't wait to play again :biggrin:

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote:Absolutely fantastic work, all of you! Honestly, from what I've seen of this new version in SLADE, this is going to be a ton of fun! There's so many updates and fixes, I can't even begin to address them all...but I'll sure as hell try! I'll be testing the hell out of this as well as the new Zandronum, and I'll be starting my next gameplay series very soon. Great fixes, great new stuff, fantastic update, can't wait to play again :biggrin:
Thanks man! We worked our asses off trying to get everything finished. I hope you enjoy playing this as much as I did making it. If you notice any bugs just let me know and they'll be fixed for the next version.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 am

Legendary wrote:Thanks man! We worked our asses off trying to get everything finished. I hope you enjoy playing this as much as I did making it. If you notice any bugs just let me know and they'll be fixed for the next version.
Okay, so I have a few queries already, since I downloaded the new Zandronum and tested out both the new LCA with that and the new version to go with the old Zandronum:
Firstly, my skin doesn't work with the new Zandronum. This isn't a thing with LCA, just as soon as I add Complex to the loadout on Zandronum 3.0, my skin is the default doomguy. This is a staple part of my videos and it must be upheld!
As a result of this, and not knowing how to fix it, I tried using the version you gave out for Zandronum 2.1.2. My skin works with that one, but I noticed the new weapons like the Dtech railgun were not present, and for some reason the Necronomicon doesn't affect the monsters anymore :S
I really want everything to work properly before I start recording videos, I'm picky and a perfectionist like that. It seems that there's generally an issue with the new Zandronum and custom skins with Complex, and I'd like that to be sorted if possible.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:13 am

ThePlamzJoker wrote:Okay, so I have a few queries already, since I downloaded the new Zandronum and tested out both the new LCA with that and the new version to go with the old Zandronum:
Firstly, my skin doesn't work with the new Zandronum. This isn't a thing with LCA, just as soon as I add Complex to the loadout on Zandronum 3.0, my skin is the default doomguy. This is a staple part of my videos and it must be upheld!
As a result of this, and not knowing how to fix it, I tried using the version you gave out for Zandronum 2.1.2. My skin works with that one, but I noticed the new weapons like the Dtech railgun were not present, and for some reason the Necronomicon doesn't affect the monsters anymore :S
I really want everything to work properly before I start recording videos, I'm picky and a perfectionist like that. It seems that there's generally an issue with the new Zandronum and custom skins with Complex, and I'd like that to be sorted if possible.
Did you make a new skins folder for the alpha build of 3.0? If so and if it still doesn't work then I'm afraid It's just broken for 3.0. The DT Railgun is removed for the 2.1.2 version because it simply just won't work with 2.1.2. As for the Necronomicon bug I have no idea what's going on with that, I literally didn't touch anything on it except for changing the pickup sound (It's a useless weapon anyway and needs to be changed). Tell me what else you find and I'll probably make a 1.5.9.1 version in a couple weeks with fixes.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:52 am

I want to note that the sounds has different and not balanced volume. Are you planning serious revision for sounds?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:21 am

Doomenator wrote:I want to note that the sounds has different and not balanced volume. Are you planning serious revision for sounds?
Maybe if It's serious enough. What sounds are you talking about in particular?

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 am

So that's what caused the devastator glitch. I was really curious about the reason.

ThePlamzJoker, if you need help identifying true leg sent's music, it's Gothicus by Audiomachine.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 am

Legendary wrote:Maybe if It's serious enough. What sounds are you talking about in particular?
The main claim to the set of weapons. Very noticeable difference in volume of shots from various types. Also noticeably different quality of sounds. In addition, Zandronum 3.0 and 2.1.2. the same sounds have different volume levels.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Legendary wrote:What sounds are you talking about in particular?
I was going to mention this too - in Zandronum 3.0, a whole bunch of sounds are stupidly loud for some reason, including half of the weapons and some of the monsters. Also, whenever I died while testing the new Zandronum you can see the weapon sprite lower during the death cam, which is also stupid. I'm seriously leaning towards the version of LCA for the previous Zandronum, because it seems that the new Zandronum is a complete mess. I have a separate skins folder for it, and my skin does work until I add Complex. Despite there being a lack of the decent enough Dtech railgun, I'm seriously considering just sticking to the version you made for Zandronum 2.1.2.
Side note about the Necronomicon, it does hurt the monsters but the whole system of the skull and heart icons and turning monsters into allies just doesn't appear at all now. This happens on both the old and new Zandronum versions.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote:
I was going to mention this too - in Zandronum 3.0, a whole bunch of sounds are stupidly loud for some reason, including half of the weapons and some of the monsters. Also, whenever I died while testing the new Zandronum you can see the weapon sprite lower during the death cam, which is also stupid. I'm seriously leaning towards the version of LCA for the previous Zandronum, because it seems that the new Zandronum is a complete mess. I have a separate skins folder for it, and my skin does work until I add Complex. Despite there being a lack of the decent enough Dtech railgun, I'm seriously considering just sticking to the version you made for Zandronum 2.1.2.
Side note about the Necronomicon, it does hurt the monsters but the whole system of the skull and heart icons and turning monsters into allies just doesn't appear at all now. This happens on both the old and new Zandronum versions.
Its because of the new sound system incorporating OpenAL and FMOD EX. in truth your hearing better quality and method of hearing sounds within the newer engine but we are used to the 16-bitsh sounds of the older engines (including myself).

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
ThePlamzJoker wrote:
Its because of the new sound system incorporating OpenAL and FMOD EX. in truth your hearing better quality and method of hearing sounds within the newer engine but we are used to the 16-bitsh sounds of the older engines (including myself).
Pretty much, It's nothing I can do about it because It's a part of Zandronum itself. I kind of like it though the AR I've noticed sounds a bit louder. It'll just take some getting used to. As for the Necronomicon that will be fixed once I get enough things that need to be patched so I won't have to keep updating.

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:19 pm

While browsing the code, I noticed a weird thing. Demonic Zombie's seeking comet has a pretty insane Damage of 35. For comparison, Behemoth's comet only has 8. Did you make a mistake?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:While browsing the code, I noticed a weird thing. Demonic Zombie's seeking comet has a pretty insane Damage of 35. For comparison, Behemoth's comet only has 8. Did you make a mistake?
I guess you can say it was a mistake, I used the player version and didn't change the damage. I'll have that sorted out in 1.5.9.1. Did you see anything else that was broken besides the things that were already listed?

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 am

Legendary wrote:Pretty much, It's nothing I can do about it because It's a part of Zandronum itself. I kind of like it though the AR I've noticed sounds a bit louder. It'll just take some getting used to.
One cannot simply get used to this. It's not as if some sounds are slightly different volumes, but several weapon firing and equip sounds are borderline earrape, as well as other sounds such as the Poltergeist's exploding ice attack being noticeably louder than it should be. There must be some way to fix all these ridiculously loud sounds or sort out a compromise for Zandronum, because it's made a complete mess of the mod's audio department. I would for now suggest that you continue to make the next updates compatible for Zandronum 2.1.2, because there's sure as hell no way I'm playing with what they've done to the source port now, lol.
I will continue to playtest the LCA for Zandronum 2.1.2 and report any issues I might find, I might just do this while starting my next gameplay series anyway. One other minor issue I found off the bat is that the awesome new sprite for the legendary BFG is slightly off-centre. With a crosshair enabled, it's extremely clear whenever a weapon scope or centre isn't quite aligned, and in this case the image needs to be moved slightly to the right. Additionally, I noticed the explosive minigun doesn't do any splash damage to the player - is this intentional? Because the player is still slightly propelled backwards and into the air, and blood still shows up on the walls.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:43 am

Legendary wrote:Pretty much, It's nothing I can do about it because It's a part of Zandronum itself. I kind of like it though the AR I've noticed sounds a bit louder. It'll just take some getting used to.
It is impossible to get used to, if there is no hearing defects. That is not Zandronum 3.0 problem. The problem is the sounds, they are all in different format and quality. The sound has a very important role in games with simple graphics. Ignoring such things is a big mistake.

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 am

Thoughts so far on my first playthrough -

The lowered weapon drop rate is definitely big. This playthrough has been noticeably harder because I don't really have the firepower that I did in past versions. In a way, that's not a bad thing, because it forces me to make due with the pickups I have, but maybe there's a middle ground?

New secondary fire for the legendary plasmatic cannon is great. I never used secondary fire before the change, so this was welcome.

The new legendary power sphere is cool, but it has a buggy interaction with rage. If you have rage and activate the sphere, when it runs out, you lose out on the attack speed from rage. I used the rocket launcher to shoot a wall next to me and I didn't take self-damage, so it appears to only apply to firing speed. You can't pick up a new rage powerup to fix this. Starting a new level doesn't fix it either.
I also wanted to put my two cents in about the message when picking up the power sphere. It says something along the lines of "use this only when you need it", which I honestly think was kind of unfitting and a little coddling. I feel like something like "you can feel hell's energy flowing through you" or "use this to unleash your fury on your foes" would fit better, at least in my opinion.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Sorry guys but I can't do anything about the sounds. If you don't like it you'll just have to play on the 2.1.2 version of LCA. I'm not going to copy all the sounds over from Complex Doom and put them in the LCA pk3 and convert them. That would add on like 20-30 mb. However, I will try and convert the sounds that are already in LCA and see what happens. Also, for the explosive minigun the splash damage was removed. It was intentional. I'll see what I can do to get the Power Sphere fixed though.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 pm

How about making the re-balanced sounds a separate pk3, which servers could make optional? Since Complex Doom is no longer being updated, somebody else needs to do it, like maybe you since you appear to know how.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

LittleMermaid
New User

Post by LittleMermaid » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:58 am

Twinkletwats wrote: The new legendary power sphere is cool, but it has a buggy interaction with rage. If you have rage and activate the sphere, when it runs out, you lose out on the attack speed from rage. I used the rocket launcher to shoot a wall next to me and I didn't take self-damage, so it appears to only apply to firing speed. You can't pick up a new rage powerup to fix this. Starting a new level doesn't fix it either.
I also wanted to put my two cents in about the message when picking up the power sphere. It says something along the lines of "use this only when you need it", which I honestly think was kind of unfitting and a little coddling. I feel like something like "you can feel hell's energy flowing through you" or "use this to unleash your fury on your foes" would fit better, at least in my opinion.
Had the same thing with demonic rune, you lose the rune (though keep resistance), then couldn't pickup another rune.

The other main problem I noticed is players keeping all their weapons after dying (zan3 issue?).

Side notes: The continuous nerfing of monsters seems to have made the game too easy for me. the new LMG is too OP and the size of the magazines (76 rounds?) is ridiculous