[BETA] MSPaintDoom (Current Version: beta 6.0hf for zan3.0)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[BETA] Re: MSPaintDoom (Current Version: beta 6.0)

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 am

yea mspd has never worked with gzdoom because of the skulltag stuff. However I do know this and will start bringing gzdoom compat soon. takes slightly more effort as I have to delete some skulltag stuff

Sean
IRC Operator

[BETA] Re: MSPaintDoom (Current Version: beta 6.0hf for zan3.0)

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 am

just delete skulltag
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Would it be allowed to add into your mod the needed stuff from skullag_actors and skulltag_data? That would allow your mod to be run on its own.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Empyre wrote:Would it be allowed to add into your mod the needed stuff from skullag_actors and skulltag_data? That would allow your mod to be run on its own.
Thats been done and mspd hasn't needed st content ever since it was split out of zandronum. I'm talking boring stuff like max health bonuses and some stupid flag textures complaining and random decorate flags

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:35 am

Hey Combinebobnt, can you make mspd textures pack? I made one for myself, but it is desirable that was the official version. Like wrathofcronosdoomtex1_8a.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:09 am

k. ill draw the last sky (city) on a very boring day because tracing a sky pixel by pixel is very fun. then ill release a texture pack.

crap gotta finish this wad before 2018 (gamebreaking bugs don't count although there are none right now, whew safety net). i hope it's less work than i think. I might rarely update after I finish the wad but it will be little things like new textures, random monsters, or sp maps (already have duel and dm maps!). 6.0hf is extremely stable and close to the end result product anyway. no
Last edited by Combinebobnt on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

thevarian

Clan: Hidden Hotdogs
Clan Tag: HH

Post by thevarian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:30 am

5 year development hype!

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 am

thevarian wrote:5 year development hype!
7. december 2010 was the alpha release treading the waters. Hope I make my arbitrary deadline... thank you keo for showing me the finishing ways though

thevarian

Clan: Hidden Hotdogs
Clan Tag: HH

Post by thevarian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:37 am

I admire your commitment.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:56 am

ok been working on this big boy again and besides the big boring $a$$ part (drawing the pictures... and that city sky UGhh gonna suck), got big things going on. Apparently I stripped out enough skulltag stuff after dusk's rune rewrite breaking 6.0 (necessitating 6.0hf) now and Gzdoom now supports max health bonuses apparently; so the next update works in Gzdoom 3.1.0 easy (along with zan 2.1.2 & 3.0) and I already fixed a bunch of hidden errors that barely matter. Load up st data if u need runes now, and you'll have to load my fun patch wads for 3/4-way odaflag ctf or adv skulltag pillars (as if anyone will play those xd). Also I'm cleaning up alot of crap not even I will notice and randomspawner crap and hidden OP stuff. So after I draw many pictures and halve my lifespan I guess I get to debut on DW and GZdoom without modifying the main wad yay.

Also I have no idea why I put the texture1 lump for the doom2 textures in the wad so I hope deleting that doesn't break anything.

smh the randomspawner content and all those guns look so messy now in these future times but too late now. don't forget randomspawner isn't even the normal way to play; normal wad is nearly vanilla and vanilla mode is just graphics so it IS vanilla

MotorWülf

Post by MotorWülf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:10 pm

This doesn't work for doom.wad

"Bad PNAMES and/or texture directory:

PNAMES has 351 entries, but
STONE wants to use entry 352."

MotorWülf

Post by MotorWülf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Deleting TEXTURE1 seems to resolve

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:18 am

yea i did that for the next version which i have to go slave labor more on... crap its august

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:22 am

ok i kind of hinted at it in the last post but i changed the scope and thus the old 'deadline' becomes irrelevant. before i was just gonna rush some crap out and try and 'be done' with this wad forever but as I was doing monotonous work I actually kind of liked working on this wad again. Therefore I'll still push for some big release but now with the plan to add extra in the future for the times I feel like cracking this wad open again. I added a big list of little things that maybe someone will notice, which I hadn't planned to do before, improved sprites, and took more time to do things carefully rather than what was gonna happen before. I'm not sure that deadline was realistic anyway...

ok thanks

i make the rules here...

uh heres a picture to keep the ladies excited Image

jwaffe
Forum Regular

Post by jwaffe » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:38 am

Zand 3.0 Shotgun Sound Hotfix

I made this (unofficial) hotfix for mspdbet6hf.pk3 to fix a compatibility issue with Zandronum 3.0, you can download it from the link below,
http://ifocserv.net/ftp/wads/mspdbet6hf ... npatch.wad

What it does

The shotgun is silent in MSPD with Zand 3.0. This hotfix fixes that.

Here's my theory as to why this is needed:

It looks like Zandronum 3.0 removed AttackSound for the doom weapons in zandronum.pk3 (compare the Zand 3.0 shotgun (no AttackSound) to the Zand 2.1.2 Shotgun (has AttackSound)). This appears to break compatibility with wads that use action functions like A_FireBullets() on weapons that inherit from the doom weapons, but don't specify their own AttackSound. Note that wads that use the old vanilla calls like A_FireShotgun are not affected because they hard code the sound name in the function call (i.e., compare A_FireBullets (NULL AttackSound, means "use Actor AttackSound") to A_FireShotgun (hard coded as "weapons/shotgf")).

It just so happens that for every hitscan shot except the shotgun's primary fire, Bob added a call to A_PlayWeaponSound in Fire: which means that all of the other weapons are fine. So all this patch does is make a clone of NewShotgun that sets AttackSound, plus a KEYCONF so that players will be able to use the weapon.

DECORATE:

Code: Select all

Actor Zand3Shotgun : NewShotgun replaces NewShotgun
{
	AttackSound "weapons/shotgf"
}
KEYCONF:

Code: Select all

setslot 3 Zand3Shotgun NewSuperShotgun QuadShotgun Obliterator