[WIP] (removed)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
LordOZ_98

[WIP] (removed)

Post by LordOZ_98 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:42 pm

(removed)
Last edited by LordOZ_98 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:26 am, edited 23 times in total.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - Demo 1 is out.

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 pm

hey look jumpmaze 14 im sure they will throw these maps on the servers with the other 13 packs

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Here you go get to work: http://imgur.com/a/TFZDq

And I didn't even finish all of the maps.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks for testing, Will make sure to get those fixed before I upload the next demo.

About that jump, I was designing this without strafe jumps in mind but I think i will change it for the next demo aswell, thanks again.
Combinebobnt wrote:hey look jumpmaze 14 im sure they will throw these maps on the servers with the other 13 packs
except i'm trying something different, I'm trying to invent new types of levels and see how it goes with enemies on maps.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:01 pm

LordOZ_98 wrote: see how it goes with enemies on maps.
Lightmaze?
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

r4z0r
Banned
Clan: Homework Help

Post by r4z0r » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 am

jdagenet wrote:
LordOZ_98 wrote: see how it goes with enemies on maps.
Lightmaze?
DEAR GOD NO i'm speaking as a voice for the Jumpmaze community as a whole and believe me when ALL OF US DO NOT want anymore Lightmaze clones. You wanna see what we value and are actually anticipating? Look at Cyber's JMX. Adding enemies while attempting to do jumping puzzles has always been a no-no and its no coincidence that nearly all the Jumpmaze maps containing monsters have always been looked down upon as worse because of it. I appreciate the creative effort to try and bring activity into Jumpmaze but believe me, absolutely no one is going to enjoy playing this. The skill to use monsters effectively in Jumpmaze maps is one that no one has honed yet to this day and as a result I'd advise staying away from anything of the sort. Especially if you already have all the bugs that Jason pointed out in the map, It'd be in your best interests to first develop your mapping skills further before attempting to pursue such a complex style of Jumpmaze map design.

Just as evidence to back up my claims, why don't you compare the playercount of the UK Grandvoid Lightmaze server is played compared to the total player count of the UK Grandvoid Jumpmaze server. I'll give you a hint, one of them averages 0 per month and one averages about 50 per month(often more).

Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:56 am

Basically everything Jdagenet pointed out is what I would mention as well...Also seeing as how the core concept is to seek out the monsters and kill them to advance with a bunch of instadeath areas put around the map, it felt really slow and repetitive. An example is in the water section (all of map05) where you repeat the same process to find the zombiemen 4 times with the same design. The platforming concept isn't really the greatest in the project...you have an overdose of instakill while dodging archvile fire and hellknight projectiles with 64x64 platforms on some areas. if you remove the instakills and do something like damaging teleportation instead, the maps would be more bearable. The same would be with the design when hunting monsters down to advance the rooms. Spice up the variety.

Also some more health on map 1 would be useful, and maybe some more ammo variety throughout the maps. Ran out of ammo near the hell knights in map 01.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 am

@r4zor, Thanks for the feedback, I actually enjoyed some of Lightmaze levels, and I thought it would be nice to make something like it while adding my own ideas, As you may have already noticed there are few new gimmicks, like Swimming, My next map will hopefully bring something to the table.

@Cyber', I will try to replace the insta-kills with few teleports and change few of the kill-to-progress sections with something else, As i said the whole point of this demo is testing, with more tests I'm hoping to reach an acceptable result at least without being a carbon copy of jump maze or light maze lol.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm done with demo 2, decided to delay the other map because it's not ready yet, Hopefully I have fixed all the known issues and Improved the gameplay by reducing death pits and changing some sections so it doesn't feel repetitive.

Also done with MAP07, featuring 4 sections, none of them requires clearing rooms to procceed, I also decided to change the theme of map08 to be desert themed because I thought it worked better, will be included in next demo.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - Demo 3 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am

Demo 3 is done, Featuring MAP08 Mystic Pyramid, Minecarts, Quicksand and few keys to look for, Screenshots added to the Original Post.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R1 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:03 pm

R1 is up, 2 new maps are done, making total of maps 10, Likewise each map has it's own theme and tricks, MAP09 Jungle with chill Music and Rivers and MAP10 Temple Run Simulator thing, Screenshot added.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R1 D2 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 pm

R1 D2, I decided to remake MAP04 from Scratch because it sucked lol, also finished MAP11 & MAP03, Screenshots added.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R1 D4 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:56 pm

R1D4, MAP12 Operation Tea - Tactical Espionage Action ready, screenshot added.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R1 D5 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:39 am

Major update, R1D5 :

* Seaside Base Minor balance changes.
* Updated MAP02 to be less annoying.
* Changed MAP02 to be MAP01.
* MAP03 Raising and falling platforms replaced by Normal slippery platforms for sake of Multiplayer, for laggy people.
* Fixed a bug where players could walk through fences near the end of MAP04.
* 5 Bonus levels, part of R2, R2 will include total of 10 of these levels, 1 Chance rounds, beating them will lead to secret levels which will be also included in R2, Right now beating them only takes you to next regular level.
* Changed Title music.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R2 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 am

R2 Update, a Change in plans, instead of having 10 Secret and 10 Bonus levels, there will be just 3, you will be taken to those randomly after beating regular levels (%20 Chance), also new to R2 is the Hub level, you can take the training course or buy some nice weapons with the coins you gain by completing levels (2 coins for completing a level).

Been testing this for last few days as some of you may have noticed, and got some good feedback that helped me Improve the mod, Here's a list of the few other level-related fixes :
* MAP06 now has less kill-to-procceed sections.
* Various glitches and bugs fixed on Multiple levels.

The mod is now also split to 3 files to make patching easier in the future, that doesn't mean it won't work with other gameplay addons, the files can also be loaded at any order, All of which are required for the mod to work properly, Thanks for everyone who helped me testing this, If i get more time to work on it I will finish the rest of maps and add more to it, Have fun.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R3D1 is out.

Post by LordOZ_98 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Been a while, Here's a list of changes, excuse my laziness :

* Trophies, Complete some objectives to unlock them.
* Time Attack Mode, After beating all levels, this mode will be unlocked, try to complete levels before time runs out.
* New level : I Hate Space
* New HUDs.
* Leveling and upgrades.
* Improved progression and Hub.
* Various level design improvements and Bug fixes.
* Added Gold Medals, Hidden Medals in levels, once you collect them all the Final Door will be unlocked.
* Unlockable Upgrades, complete levels to unlock more upgrades.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

Konda
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Project POD - Platforms of Doom - R3D2 is out.

Post by Konda » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 am

Alright, it was fun playing this in the past few days. The challenge of finding gold medals and unlocking trophies (especially the trophy for beating par time in all maps) made the mod still fresh even after beating all the maps normally. I still haven't beaten a single one-chance map tho.

Ok, now for suggestions:
  • Don't make players use a separate key for double jump. Instead make it so the player performs the doublejump if he presses the jump button while in air. You can see this being done in a multiplayer mod named push. Right now I use the doublebind command for my jump button to make it execute the "doublejump" command when I press the jump button twice quickly.
  • Please don't remove the option for players to select a (currently random) one-chance map after finding all gold medals, when you finish that final map/boss map/whatever you planned. The one-chance maps are really hard and I'm not gonna bother beating a normal map every time I wanna have a shot at a one-chance map and then die in 20 seconds in the one-chance map. My suggestion is that behind the door that is opened by finding all gold medals in the hub map, put another hub where players can select each of the one-chance maps, and then also add the selection of that final/boss map in that hub.
  • Not sure about this, but maybe consider using the database system to save a player's progress if they're playing on a server. Also save the progress made in the hub map (unlocked items and levels, and keeping gold medal info). If a server doesn't want to save progress between restarts, they just have to not use the same database file; or not use a database file at all, which is default behavior when you start up servers.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Ok, more feedback, this time bugs & issues:
  • We can't unlock the trophy we are supposed to get when we beat all maps under the time limit in time attack mode. This could be because the maps "Digital Dimension" and "Mystical Pyramid" don't even have a timer for time attack mode. I'm positive we beat all other maps under the time limit.
  • When 2 players play in a one-chance map, and one of them dies - if the dead player spectates, the map will say "all players failed" even though there's still 1 player left who is still alive in the map.
  • The monsters in the "I hate space" one-chance map sometimes don't spawn for a while and the player has to keep waiting in the empty map for up to a minute.

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi, thanks for the feedback likewise, definitely not done with this thing yet, It's been so quiet eh, I'll be back with another update very soon.

1 - I'll be sure to do this later.
2 - Already thought about that, I won't remove it, instead i'll provide more Portals, 8 for Bonus rounds, 1 for Final Challenge.
3 - I Still haven't figured out how to do this one, If anyone knows how to do it let me know how please.
4 - This might be a bug because Digital Dimension and Mystical Pyramid aren't supposed to count for time trophy, because their too long for speedruns, I'll look into that.
5 - Strange, I don't recall this happening with any map during my tests, But i'll check again.
6 - This is because monsters that teleport to the field are sometimes distracted, I'll probably change it to instant spawn rather than slow teleports
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 pm

R3D3 is ready, after so much testing and experimenting to get somethings fixed it's finally done :

New stuff :
  • Database features support ! Completely optional, previously disconnecting or becoming a spectator made you lose your level and upgrade points, not anymore, Thanks to Zandronum database features if you're in a network game (and you have access to RCON of course) use "pukename savelevel 1" to turn this on, you can turn it off again by setting it to 0, This wasn't implemented for Hub progression mind you, this is to allow players to reset Hub progress by calling Map votes, So remember Map vote to reset progress, changemap to return to Hubmap without resetting progress, setup your server first though.
  • When you reach the exit in Time Challenge rounds, the timer will be stopped, allowing you to wait for other players before you exit, you no longer have to exit before timer runs out to succesfully Complete a Time Challenge.
Fixes and Improvements :
  • Fixed a bug that made 1 Chance rounds exit themselves after a dead player spectates.
  • Fixed a bug that made getting Time Trophy impossible.
  • Fixed a bug that made getting Bonus Trophy impossible.
  • Slowed down Rockets in Toxic Swamp
  • Monsters in "I hate Space" hopefully take less time to teleport to the field now
The Final level is still in the works, However this should fix all issues players had with the mod, If more show up I'll take care of them, Download Link updated.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98