[WIP] D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 3)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[WIP] Re: D4T: v2.0 Trailer & Release Date

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat May 20, 2017 3:53 am

ok then oops we played fnf in skill whatever with 1.7 damage and i did as well on some random tspg server. no wonder everything did like 100+ damage per shot. everything nearly 1 hitting in a wad gets old real fast esp when you play several wads like that

id like to play it on real skill level now someone play pvp :( :). i like this ssg doesnt 1 hit progressive idea, never get to play it because people can't escape comfort zones

r4z0r
Banned
Clan: Homework Help

Post by r4z0r » Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 am

Combinebobnt wrote: id like to play it on real skill level now someone play pvp :( :). i like this ssg doesnt 1 hit progressive idea, never get to play it because people can't escape comfort zones
really easy fix just play doom 1 no ssg no problems time to downgrade?

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sat May 20, 2017 11:19 am

dbthanatos wrote:The damage is affected indeed by skill. If you use any of the non "normal", it will. Normal skill have a damage factor of 1. Hard skills damage factor of 1.7 iirc, and easy skill something like 0.5. So for Deathmatch is recommended to use skill 0, 1, or 2, which correspond to the 3 normal skills. I haven't tried with skill 3-6, but I'd guess it'd be much like Instagib :P

Skill 7 and above are unplayable in dm, nobody ever dies
That most likely explains why when I played the mentioned weapons did no damage.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sat May 20, 2017 1:05 pm

jdagenet wrote:
dbthanatos wrote:The damage is affected indeed by skill. If you use any of the non "normal", it will. Normal skill have a damage factor of 1. Hard skills damage factor of 1.7 iirc, and easy skill something like 0.5. So for Deathmatch is recommended to use skill 0, 1, or 2, which correspond to the 3 normal skills. I haven't tried with skill 3-6, but I'd guess it'd be much like Instagib :P

Skill 7 and above are unplayable in dm, nobody ever dies
That most likely explains why when I played the mentioned weapons did no damage.
Seriously? In this case, all the weapon has less damage. However, you specifically stated the SG, SSG, LG. :biggrin:

dbthanatos

Post by dbthanatos » Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 pm

LG isnt weak, that's the only weapon i can get kills with! :P

phpBB [media]

dbthanatos

Post by dbthanatos » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Necro bump, but relevant:
phpBB [media]

Code: Select all

Death Foretold v2.5 is not just a bugfix update.

This version of the mod rebalances many aspects of the game, while keeping the core experience very familiar. 

It also contains a number of sprite improvements for many pickups, as well some new features here and there.

On the PvP side of things, this version is a drastic change on direction. PvP used to be very tame in D4T, now it's not. It will make you remember vanilla Doom DM, where all weapons deal a ton of damage, and you better move and react fast to what's going on around you.

-----------------------------------------------
F.A.Q.

Q: Are you including D4V monster sprites in this release?
A: No. Not yet. Perhaps in the future, depends on permissions and adjustments we'd have to make.

Q: Is this the last version of D4T?
A: Not neccesarily. We may update it further based on time and our own schedule. There's more features we'd like to add, but this is not a full commitment.

Q: Will you bring X feature/weapon/mechanic from Doom Eternal?
A: No. This mod is and will remain to be based on Doom 2016. There may be rare exceptions, but only time will tell. But this is *NOT* "Doom Eternal 4 Doom"

Q: Will you make a Doom Eternal 4 Doom mod?
A: Unknown. First let's all play the actual game, then we'll think about.