[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Gadosen wrote:So this means that 1.5.9.3 could be the last update until 1.6? :v
No, there are still a decent amount of other things I need to get fixed that are popping up.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Mon May 22, 2017 12:43 am

I have another suggestion for music you could use! In case you do implement songs for the other legendary weapons, I recommend another good one from Two Steps From Hell - "Black Blade" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPe4G9BiIc4). I noted what you said about my previous suggestions, and that some music felt more heroic rather than villainous. Perhaps this one is a decent choice for a marine using another extraordinary gun! :P

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 am

ThePlamzJoker wrote:I have another suggestion for music you could use! In case you do implement songs for the other legendary weapons, I recommend another good one from Two Steps From Hell - "Black Blade" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPe4G9BiIc4). I noted what you said about my previous suggestions, and that some music felt more heroic rather than villainous. Perhaps this one is a decent choice for a marine using another extraordinary gun! :P
Following Mr. Hexa's idea... I want to suggest Promentory as a possible theme for a Legendary Weapon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ryJDVuZ6k

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed May 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Interesting choices. I might actually add music to them since there is an option to disable weapon and monster music with console cvars. I'll have to think on it a little more. Thanks for the suggestions though guys.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon May 29, 2017 1:52 am

Hello again. Here's another update for LCA. A decent amount of important fixes and some new content too surprisingly. But, not enough content to make it 1.6.0. Check my first post for the links and the update notes. Again, let me know if there are any bugs I might have missed.

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Mon May 29, 2017 7:26 am

I Updated the servers for Legendary Have fun

Edit: just search for Complex as a start.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon May 29, 2017 3:28 pm

doomjoshuaboy wrote:I Updated the servers for Legendary Have fun

Edit: just search for Complex as a start.
Nice, thanks.

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Mon May 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Legendary wrote:Hello again. Here's another update for LCA. A decent amount of important fixes and some new content too surprisingly. But, not enough content to make it 1.6.0. Check my first post for the links and the update notes. Again, let me know if there are any bugs I might have missed.
You have become a hell of a working machine lately, every improvement is making the mod better and better. Thank you for the good work :D
BTW I barely feel the D-Tech Railgun nerf... this is a good thing :v

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue May 30, 2017 1:48 am

Gadosen wrote:You have become a hell of a working machine lately, every improvement is making the mod better and better. Thank you for the good work :D
BTW I barely feel the D-Tech Railgun nerf... this is a good thing :v
Lol thanks for the support man it means more to me than you'd think. We try our best to put out good content so people can enjoy what we've been working hard on for so long. The DT Rail though, it was supposed to be very slight since it is already a really rare weapon.

Lazorman
New User

Post by Lazorman » Tue May 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Oh look, the Cardinal got buffed, again...

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue May 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Lazorman wrote:Oh look, the Cardinal got buffed, again...
No he didn't? TLC is the True Legendary Cyberdemon, all I did for the Card was update his fire spawners so they'd be activated with acs so I wouldn't have to put the fire spawner code every other line. For the TLC, he's had 2 versions for a little while now. I just didn't add the stronger one in until this ver.

Lazorman
New User

Post by Lazorman » Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Legendary wrote:
No he didn't? TLC is the True Legendary Cyberdemon, all I did for the Card was update his fire spawners so they'd be activated with acs so I wouldn't have to put the fire spawner code every other line. For the TLC, he's had 2 versions for a little while now. I just didn't add the stronger one in until this ver.
I meant for 1.5.9 overall, but doesn't including a stronger one count as a buff? I'm just confused as to how an enemy that I have never seen killed legitimately anywhere can keep getting buffed.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue May 30, 2017 7:31 pm

Lazorman wrote:
Legendary wrote:
I meant for 1.5.9 overall, but doesn't including a stronger one count as a buff? I'm just confused as to how an enemy that I have never seen killed legitimately anywhere can keep getting buffed.
Oh yeah, it was buffed a little in 1.5.9 overall but not this update. The True Leg Cyber is the only Leg Cyber type enemy with a weaker and a stronger version though. I think you got a little mixed up. Surprisngly, people have been able to kill him without cheats but that is usually in servers with the Replacer addon. He's EXTREMELY rare which is why he's so tough. You'll usually never encounter him for an entire 32 level megawad unless you get lucky... or unlucky.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Legendary wrote:
Lazorman wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Oh yeah, it was buffed a little in 1.5.9 overall but not this update. The True Leg Cyber is the only Leg Cyber type enemy with a weaker and a stronger version though. I think you got a little mixed up. Surprisngly, people have been able to kill him without cheats but that is usually in servers with the Replacer addon. He's EXTREMELY rare which is why he's so tough. You'll usually never encounter him for an entire 32 level megawad unless you get lucky... or unlucky.
Now you still need to nerf the True Legendary Cyberdemon because he shouldn't be more powerful than the True Legendary Sentient or Cardinal and the True Legendary Cyberdemon shouldn't be using the giant laser ball attack because I view that attack as an attack to only be used by the Legendary Cardinal and True Legendary Cardinal. Also, instead of having the Legendary Cardinal transform into his true form in a 100% chance, have him rarely transform into his true form as well as buffing the True Legendary Cardinal more by giving him more true legendary projectiles to use as that's what I want to see. Fighting against the True Legendary Cardinal would be too hard to do when playing on Single Player which is why the Legendary Cardinal should rarely transform into his true form.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Tue May 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Blast88 wrote: Now you still need to nerf the True Legendary Cyberdemon because he shouldn't be more powerful than the True Legendary Sentient or Cardinal and the True Legendary Cyberdemon shouldn't be using the giant laser ball attack because I view that attack as an attack to only be used by the Legendary Cardinal and True Legendary Cardinal. Also, instead of having the Legendary Cardinal transform into his true form in a 100% chance, have him rarely transform into his true form as well as buffing the True Legendary Cardinal more by giving him more true legendary projectiles to use as that's what I want to see. Fighting against the True Legendary Cardinal would be too hard to do when playing on Single Player which is why the Legendary Cardinal should rarely transform into his true form.
nope nope nope, the legendary cardinal is already hard on 1.5.9 you know, he was buffed to be stronger than the tlc.
DUDE HE CAN SUMMON A LEGENDARY SENTIENT, CYBER AND ANNIHILATOR.
and pls the """true legendary projectiles"""" are the same as normal projectiles but blue lol
also he shouldn't spawn on single player, is unfair for the player more now because he got buffed

Edit: he should spawn like my hellfire cyberdemon, if you want a "challenge" or be raped use replacer

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed May 31, 2017 12:18 am

Skeleton wrote:pls the """true legendary projectiles"""" are the same as normal projectiles but blue lol
Actually all of the blue projectiles have increased damage and speed compared to the normal yellow/golden Legendary ones.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:33 am

Skeleton wrote:
Blast88 wrote: Now you still need to nerf the True Legendary Cyberdemon because he shouldn't be more powerful than the True Legendary Sentient or Cardinal and the True Legendary Cyberdemon shouldn't be using the giant laser ball attack because I view that attack as an attack to only be used by the Legendary Cardinal and True Legendary Cardinal. Also, instead of having the Legendary Cardinal transform into his true form in a 100% chance, have him rarely transform into his true form as well as buffing the True Legendary Cardinal more by giving him more true legendary projectiles to use as that's what I want to see. Fighting against the True Legendary Cardinal would be too hard to do when playing on Single Player which is why the Legendary Cardinal should rarely transform into his true form.
nope nope nope, the legendary cardinal is already hard on 1.5.9 you know, he was buffed to be stronger than the tlc.
DUDE HE CAN SUMMON A LEGENDARY SENTIENT, CYBER AND ANNIHILATOR.
and pls the """true legendary projectiles"""" are the same as normal projectiles but blue lol
also he shouldn't spawn on single player, is unfair for the player more now because he got buffed

Edit: he should spawn like my hellfire cyberdemon, if you want a "challenge" or be raped use replacer
I was talking about buffing the True Legendary Cardinal more and that monster is already more powerful than the Legendary Cardinal. The True Legendary Cardinal has to be the most powerful LCA monster.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed May 31, 2017 3:39 am

Blast88 wrote: was talking about buffing the True Legendary Cardinal more and that monster is already more powerful than the Legendary Cardinal. The True Legendary Cardinal has to be the most powerful LCA monster.
And it is considering the fact that he can spawn 100% of the time after killing his normal form. The TLC isn't really stronger since he can't fly. Plus the TLC has a 52/256 chance of spawning from a Leg Cyb unlike the Card's chance which is 100%.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:44 pm

Legendary wrote:
Blast88 wrote: was talking about buffing the True Legendary Cardinal more and that monster is already more powerful than the Legendary Cardinal. The True Legendary Cardinal has to be the most powerful LCA monster.
And it is considering the fact that he can spawn 100% of the time after killing his normal form. The TLC isn't really stronger since he can't fly. Plus the TLC has a 52/256 chance of spawning from a Leg Cyb unlike the Card's chance which is 100%.
So are you sure the True Leg Card is more powerful than the True Leg Cyber? I can remember hearing about the True Leg Cyber being the most powerful in LCA but it probably turned out to be the True Leg Card as the most powerful. Also, should the 100% chance of the True Leg Card from the Leg Card be only in multiplayer mode?

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed May 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Hey, I've got an idea: How about you remove the chance for the Strong TLC to spawn from the Legendary Cyberdemon, and make it able to spawn from the Legendary Annihilator? It gives the legendary annihilator the fear factor of "is he gonna go true", because as of currently, the Legendary Cyberdemon is kind of scarier, just for the chance that it could turn into something really ugly.