[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
theundeadsoldierx9
 
Offline
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:57 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#321 by theundeadsoldierx9 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 pm

Legendary wrote:Update on LCA: Zheg has been really busy with family and job stuff but has recently contacted me. He says he doesn't really have much free time now which was what I suspected. However, he did say he will be finishing the sprites. Though he has been somewhat inactive I have used this extra time to iron out more bugs and create more content. Currently no eta, but once I receive the sprites from him I will be updating LCA.
meh guess we're gonna need to wait a little longer

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#322 by Legendary » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 am

theundeadsoldierx9 wrote:
Legendary wrote:Update on LCA: Zheg has been really busy with family and job stuff but has recently contacted me. He says he doesn't really have much free time now which was what I suspected. However, he did say he will be finishing the sprites. Though he has been somewhat inactive I have used this extra time to iron out more bugs and create more content. Currently no eta, but once I receive the sprites from him I will be updating LCA.
meh guess we're gonna need to wait a little longer

Yep, unfortunately.

User avatar
Twinkletwats
 
Offline
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#323 by Twinkletwats » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Blast88 wrote:
Twinkletwats wrote:
ThePlamzJoker wrote:
Legendary wrote:I dunno to be honest. I'll take a look at that song though because most of the LCA music comes from Two Steps From Hell or Audiomachine. They have both have really good pieces, I'm sure that one will be good too.

You better not have forgotten about the ones I suggested! Globus - Preliator (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6skxRLnsI) and Juno Reactor - Navras (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9s18rUaubc) are seriously worth checking out. I also recommend Two Steps From Hell - Decimator (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f63MJjfmJg) because I could really see that one working as a legendary monster's theme song. Also, are you going to assign music to any other legendary weapons in the future? Seeing as the rifle has always had music, it would be nice to have the opportunity for more epic tracks with the other guns.

And what is the music for the Legendary Redeemer? I'm going to keep asking this because it's driving me crazy and I'm determined on getting the answer someday!


Just a random third-party opinion here, for what it's worth.

Of those three songs you've suggested, I really like Decimator. Preliator is indeed epic, but it's a little slow and doesn't imply an action-packed fight (it could fit for an extremely rare, boss-difficulty enemy). And as much as I love Navras as a song, its use is a tad contrived these days... it's too popular and recognizable of a song, to the point where it almost seems like it fits better in the context of a parody. In my mind, Decimator seems like a perfect fit. It starts fast, and really invokes the type of emotion that you'd want from a legendary fight. I'd love to hear it in-game.


Where do you think Decimator fits perfectly on? I find Warlords by Audiomachine to fit the most for the True Leg Anni as that monster is going to sound chaotic as hell and Warlords by Audiomachine happens to sound so chaotic that it would be a fittable epic theme for the True Leg Anni. Perhaps, Decimator can be the theme song for a different leg monster instead.


Maybe legendary arch vile (I thought I saw leg mention that there would be one put in?) or a current legendary monster that doesn't currently have a theme (commando or redeemer maybe?).
I think it should be up to the people who are actually putting work into the mod though, I don't have too much of a preference.

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#324 by Legendary » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:Maybe legendary arch vile (I thought I saw leg mention that there would be one put in?) or a current legendary monster that doesn't currently have a theme (commando or redeemer maybe?).
I think it should be up to the people who are actually putting work into the mod though, I don't have too much of a preference.

ME make a Leg Archvile? I was actually thinking quite the opposite, the Velocirator is already op as it is and adding a Leg Vile would make things too chaotic unless it's done right. (He's basically an undercover Leg enemy regardless, smoke + lighting but in green instead of gold/yellow.) The Commando and Redeemer both have themes, all Leg monsters do currently.

User avatar
Twinkletwats
 
Offline
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#325 by Twinkletwats » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Legendary wrote:
Twinkletwats wrote:Maybe legendary arch vile (I thought I saw leg mention that there would be one put in?) or a current legendary monster that doesn't currently have a theme (commando or redeemer maybe?).
I think it should be up to the people who are actually putting work into the mod though, I don't have too much of a preference.

ME make a Leg Archvile? I was actually thinking quite the opposite, the Velocirator is already op as it is and adding a Leg Vile would make things too chaotic unless it's done right. The Commando and Redeemer both have themes, all Leg monsters do currently.


Haha I guess my memory served me incorrectly. This has been a pretty long thread and I didn't want to go back and read through it. Again, I'm just saying I like the song. I trust the judgement of the people who have made LCA what it is so far; if you think it fits somewhere, awesome. If not, oh well.

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#326 by Sepia-Paper » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm

98% of the people commenting here don't read anything except for the first and last post...bunch of fruit cakes...

User avatar
Twinkletwats
 
Offline
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#327 by Twinkletwats » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:98% of the people commenting here don't read anything except for the first and last post...bunch of fruit cakes...


If that's in reference to me, I've been following this thread for almost a year. But I wasn't about to read all the way through it to jog my memory regarding a legendary arch vile. I know it was mentioned at some point, just wasn't sure if it was by leg or not.

And regardless, I fail to see how your comment contributes at all to this thread or mod. Unnecessary negativity.

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#328 by Sepia-Paper » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:
Sepia-Paper wrote:98% of the people commenting here don't read anything except for the first and last post...bunch of fruit cakes...


If that's in reference to me, I've been following this thread for almost a year. But I wasn't about to read all the way through it to jog my memory regarding a legendary arch vile. I know it was mentioned at some point, just wasn't sure if it was by leg or not.

And regardless, I fail to see how your comment contributes at all to this thread or mod. Unnecessary negativity.


There more here besides you that act like that and its negativity calling you guys a fruit cake?

User avatar
Doomenator
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 am

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#329 by Doomenator » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:98% of the people commenting here don't read anything except for the first and last post...bunch of fruit cakes...
Nonsense. 98% are serious and requires evidence.
Although I like to think that I'm so unique 2%. :razz:

User avatar
theundeadsoldierx9
 
Offline
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:57 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#330 by theundeadsoldierx9 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 am

Twinkletwats. the legendary exile was a idea of mine but legendary says "no" about it

legendary. legendary i recently contacted metal spaghetti he says he will try to do it

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#331 by Legendary » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm

theundeadsoldierx9 wrote:Twinkletwats. the legendary exile was a idea of mine but legendary says "no" about it

legendary. legendary i recently contacted metal spaghetti he says he will try to do it

Awesome! I guess now it's just a battle of who will get done first. Tell him to send them to me on here once he's done with them.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Offline
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#332 by fr blood » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 pm

An idea could be to turn the velocirator into a leg vile so keeping the same attacks and all and maybe making him a little stronger I don't know but also lowering his spawn chances.
This would left the tier 4 empty for a new sort of vile, less op than velocirator.

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#333 by Legendary » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:34 pm

fr blood wrote:An idea could be to turn the velocirator into a leg vile so keeping the same attacks and all and maybe making him a little stronger I don't know but also lowering his spawn chances.
This would left the tier 4 empty for a new sort of vile, less op than velocirator.

Hmm idk, that would kinda be taking the easy way out since he's already been finished and in LCA for a while now. Plus, I already nerfed the Velocirator for 1.5.9.

User avatar
Skeleton
 
Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:02 am

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#334 by Skeleton » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:11 am

remember, ADD A LEGENDARY SPECTRE or just recicle the legendary demon and make it translucent and don't add a legendary vile, they're rare asf so if you add a LEGENDARY vile that shit will be more rare than tlc and hf cyber op together :neutral:

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#335 by Legendary » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:52 am

Hello everyone! I present to you what you've all been waiting for! The new LCA version! LCA 1.5.9! This version has so much content that I can't even name it all. Sorry it took so long for release but I finally have everything working. Me and my team have tested this mod approximately 69 times in order to finally get everything working. We want only the best experience for our players. I hope you guys have as much fun playing this version as we had making it. I guarantee you'll love it, everything has been completely balanced. This however is the final LCA version. It was what I had envisioned many years ago when I first created this addon. It is perfect in its own way and I thank everyone who's been supporting me along the way. Here is the link: lca-v1.5.9.pk3
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#336 by Sepia-Paper » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:05 am

I'm not gonna download that! Its obviously a trap!

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#337 by Legendary » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:08 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:I'm not gonna download that! Its obviously a trap!

Yeah I know bad timing, Zheg just sent me the sprites a few hours ago so I had to test and make sure that everything was working.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Offline
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#338 by fr blood » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:56 am

It could be of course a 1st April Joke, I wouldn't be surprised and if it's not well, we for sure waited a long time.
Now how much time before all the cancer addons(including mine) start making their update compability? :p

User avatar
Legendary
Topic author
Forum Regular
Offline
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:01 pm
Contact:

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#339 by Legendary » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 pm

fr blood wrote:It could be of course a 1st April Joke, I wouldn't be surprised and if it's not well, we for sure waited a long time.
Now how much time before all the cancer addons(including mine) start making their update compability? :p

No no, I assure you it is a real update. Turn on leg music with "lca_legmusic 1" without the "" of course. Then summon a Leg Imp. "Summon Legendaryimp". You'll see that it is clearly the final LCA version when you notice how clean the sprite work is and how much I enhanced the quality of the music. Make sure you kind of have your volume up because increasing the quality somehow lowered the volume of the music. Then after that, head on over to the LCADEMO map and try out all the new content! Legendary monsters now have new sprites, obituaries, weapon sprites, and pickup messages! Enjoy!

User avatar
fiorello1
 
Offline
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:44 am

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post#340 by fiorello1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:26 pm

MY EARS
FIRE AURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


Return to “Projects, Maps & Mods”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest