[WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.5

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
VxLonewolfxV
New User

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.6.4 (Now on ModDB)

Post by VxLonewolfxV » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:45 pm

i believe the problem is just with in the map01 "the red level" so if you can fix it for me that'll be grate
i like to keep maps the way they are because that way i can add/remove a map nice and easy but if you can make it better go right ahead
after all this megawad is been edited to play Hunter's Moon

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.6.4 (Demo Map Released!)

Post by Zanieon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:35 am

VxLonewolfxV wrote:i like to keep maps the way they are because that way i can add/remove a map nice and easy but if you can make it better go right ahead
after all this megawad is been edited to play Hunter's Moon
Well in that case i'll leave as it is then, been a bit busy for now.

And well guys, the Demo Map arrived even on Zandronum now, i was aware of it not running properly, but it does at the extra-cost of performance that Zandronum uses due to it's OpenGL render still be a bit old.

So, enjoy Hunter's Moon: Prepare To Lag Edition

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.6.4 (Demo Map Released!)

Post by fr blood » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Awesome gameplay, my computer was able to take it, more monster I killed and less drop I had.
And the difficulty is surely present, can't count how much times I died.
It took me a lot of time to notice that rocket launcher doesn't make damage to his user.
Last edited by fr blood on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.6.5 (Now for Zandronum 3.0)

Post by Zanieon » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Heh many people delays a bit to notice all tricks of the mod, on singleplayer especially.

Alright, updating to Version 2.6.5, this is probably the last before the dungeon arrives and i'll be also using this for testing of Zandronum 3.0.

EDIT: Probably i'll stick only to Zandronum 3.0 now, one file of the mod for both Source Ports.
Last edited by Zanieon on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.6.5 (Now for Zandronum 3.0)

Post by Doomenator » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:28 pm

I have played a bit and want to say that the mod is excellent, but some things was very confuse.

1. Effects from the shots are cover a significant portion of the screen. Sometimes can't even see where to shoot.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)

2. Physical model of monsters are different from their 3D models. In consequence of that visible bugs with polygons and the shots not fall into apparent purpose.

3. Not all 2D objects are replace by similar 3D.

4. Monsters do not damage each other and do not fight among themselves.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.6.6

Post by Zanieon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:28 am

Doomenator wrote: I have played a bit and want to say that the mod is excellent, but some things was very confuse.

1. Effects from the shots are cover a significant portion of the screen. Sometimes can't even see where to shoot.

2. Physical model of monsters are different from their 3D models. In consequence of that visible bugs with polygons and the shots not fall into apparent purpose.

3. Not all 2D objects are replace by similar 3D.

4. Monsters do not damage each other and do not fight among themselves.
Thanks and well, all things you listed are still something that is about to come/fixed to the mod yet.

1. Right, Trakion Cannon may cover the screen a bit while shooting at pointblank, but for the second screenie you will just get covered by hit effects if you stay being targeted by many monsters at once (the same happens even on vanilla doom as well), as for the shotgun, i don't see any problem, the smoke effect is very short as it is on Quake 3.

2. I'm aware of those, Helltime specially moved a way distant from it's hitbox location when making melee animations, i fixed Hellknight and Helltime in V2.7 already.

3. WIP Stuff that i put along the developing time.

4. Intentional, the mod on old versions had a Versus Mode where players were able to play as monsters like the Versus Mode of Left 4 Dead, and that made me split the Damage Types between Players and Monsters (as you noticed too, explosive weapons doesn't have self-damage), but lately i removed since i renewed the monsters for better optimization but left this damage system as a additional difficulty to the mod (since the main weapon is a friggin' Rocket Launcher), however bosses still have infight at least, if you pay attention, Cyberdemon, Asmodeus and Tamer Of The Dark causes infight yet.

EDIT: Going post this video as well about the Dungeon progress
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
It shows that the player will not have only monsters as an obstacle to get passed.
Last edited by Zanieon on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon (The Trailer is here!)

Post by Zanieon » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Alright sorry for inactivity herebut now here comes the bump for a real important thing, the trailer is on first post!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 am

Zanieon wrote:
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Holy testicles.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:20 pm

That project is at another level.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:24 pm

My only fear for now, is Zandronum not holding all this properly online, i mean i optimizated everything i could and and still do it every place i see i can do it, but anyway when hosting it i really hope it don't drains performance of Best Ever or TSPG host server when hosting there.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V2.7 OUT!

Post by Zanieon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Okay guys stuff released!

Enjoy the carnage! Play it with Zandronum 3.0 pls, as this version again is intended for helping the Dev Team with tests :D

marco75

[WIP] Re: Hunter's Moon V2.7 OUT!

Post by marco75 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:35 pm

How do I exit the tank?

I don't understand the load order in the first post, is that for the dungeon map v0.1 specially made for Hunter's Moon?

I'm using this load order:

cchest4.wad
huntersmoonv2.7.2.pk3
hmmusicpack.wad

Also the impaled twitching corpse is a sprite graphic, is that normal? Model hasn't been done yet?

marco75

Post by marco75 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:44 pm

marco75 wrote:How do I exit the tank?
Running with ZandronumDev3.0 adds a Vehicle Controls item in the Settings menu. I expected it to appear at the bottom of the Customize Controls item, like other mods.
I don't understand the load order in the first post, is that for the dungeon map v0.1 specially made for Hunter's Moon?
I tried again with this load order:

huntersmoonv2.7.2.pk3
hmmapbosses.pk3
hmmapcore.pk3
hmmappack.wad
hmmusicpack.wad

I also set DMFlag 'Powerups other than Invulnerability and Invisibility respawn' [16384]

I get the following error when joining my server:

In Console:

Code: Select all

gl nodes contain invalid data. the bsp has to be rebuilt.

script error, "huntersmoonv2.7.2.pk3:modeldef.decoration" line 583:
modeldef: unknown actor type 'ashtree1'
Having a lot of fun with Equinox and Hunter's Moon, as described in the first post.
Got 4 maps in so far and no problems.

Is there a list of client and server variables for this mod?I would like to adjust wallblood_alpha so switches don't get hidden.

Thanks for anyone taking the trouble to reply!

zpimp
New User

Post by zpimp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:55 pm

can anyone help me play this with zandronum
i get error on 2.1.2 and 3.0

Script error, "HuntersMoonV2.8.pk3:decorate/enemies/zombies/pistolguy.txt" line 27:
Expected ')', got ','.

im starting it like this
zandronum doom2.wad HuntersMoonV2.8.pk3
do i need anything else?

im on linux x86
zandronum works with other mods

Yellowtail
Forum Regular

Post by Yellowtail » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Did you read the OP? It clearly states that you need more than one PWAD:
Zanieon wrote:To prevent any issue when playing the maps load the files in this order:
HuntersMoonV2.7.pk3
HMMapBosses.pk3
HMMapCore.pk3
HMMapPack.wad

Also don't forget to turn on Item Respawning BEFORE entering Boss Arenas, you will know when the place is a Boss Arena by seeing a blue forcefield with Tron detailing before entering, this will not lower the difficulty, in fact you will run out of resources with ease if you don't enable it since this is intended for cooperative.

zpimp
New User

Post by zpimp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:50 pm

then why it worked with gzdoom, with only first file?
will try tommorow

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:58 am

Zandronum 2.1.2 is currently outdated for the lastest versions of the mod, in fact i'm almost dropping the support for it until the Developers manage to keep Zandronum in sync with ZDoom revisions, many recent additions were usefull for me, however there's room for Zandronum 3.0 tho i dunno if there's a client linux build of it yet.

I stopped updated the topic here due to low activity and lack of interest of this community as well the same is starting to happen in ZDoom Forums, now i'm currently telling updates and news only trough ModDB page, i still need update the topic properly here but for this month i'm out of time to work on the mod.

Also, to load the own maps of the Mod you follow that loading order and add nothing more to it, if you want run another PWAD with it then load the respective pwad first then the mod and for last the music pack if you want to.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Hunter's Moon V2.9 (Ultimate Firemodes Edition!)

Post by Zanieon » Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 am

Hey people i did not forget this thread, and here i am to update it once more.

Yesterday Version 2.9 was released to GZDoom, today is Zandronum's time, since Zandro is still trying to catch up GZDoom some effects will not appear as it does in GZDoom as well i had to change some codes but those are not noticeable.

So enjoy the additions of Doomslayer as a playable character as well Baron of Hell and Hellknight, all from DOOM (2016) plus the new Ultimate Firemodes in the weapons, happey slaughtering everyone!

Qinjaal
New User

[WIP] Re: Hunter's Moon V2.9.1 (Ultimate Firemodes Edition!)

Post by Qinjaal » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Is there a list of what the firemodes do? Altfire with the shotgun, for example, makes a noise but doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Hunter's Moon V2.9.1 (Ultimate Firemodes Edition!)

Post by Zanieon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Currently i updated the Weapon Hints article in ModDB explaining what each Ultimate do: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hunters-moon/ ... apon-hints

But in a short explanation for Shotgun, it requires pointblank use and you can kinda instakill everyone with it.