Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Legendary
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by Legendary » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:58 am

fr blood wrote:Alright I managed to get some free time, so I will make in the week a quick update for balance and compatibility with the current lca 1.5.8.
And then other update will bring new maps in the next months.

EDIT: v0.98e is out!
I think you should maybe wait. lca-v1.5.9 will be out relatively shortly. There are only a few things left.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:29 am

It's fine, now that I'm a bit more active I don't mind doing a little fix update to make it compatible with 1.5.9, so if I found a bug it will be fixed.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Anyways, look into the waiting room of the level, CDMBOSS because noticing that not all the sky areas in the waiting room are the same when they should be. Also, I hope the Legendary Cyberdemon boss fight was added into CDM02 because throughout the playthrough, we should ecounter the Legendary Cyberdemon before ecountering the Legendary Sentient and Annihilator. if you haven't done that yet, you can either expansion CDM02 and insert the Legendary Cyberdemon battle or you could restore the Legendary Cyberdemon battle in CDM03. Now as for the final wave of CDM05, you can remove the all the spawners that are not the Legendary Annihilator (Since the Legendary Annihilator spans the other Legendary Monsters when losing 25% of its health) as well as moving the Legendary Sentient to the second phase of Wave 11 and restoring it's boss mode.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 am

Hmm I don't remember that there were a Leg Cyber/Anni/Sentient in CDM02.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:26 pm

fr blood wrote:Hmm I don't remember that there were a Leg Cyber/Anni/Sentient in CDM02.
Well, you can check and see so you can remember.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Blast88 wrote:
fr blood wrote:Hmm I don't remember that there were a Leg Cyber/Anni/Sentient in CDM02.
I just played and checked and there is Leg Imp, Knight, Revenant and no more.

There are NO Leg Cyber, Anni, Sentient in CDM02

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Blast88 wrote:

You check it in the current version. Right?

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Blast88 wrote:
Sepia-Paper wrote:
Blast88 wrote:

You check it in the current version. Right?
Yes, complex-doom-invasion_0.98f.pk3

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Well that was fast for 0.98f to come out. But anyways, for the next version, I'd sure would love to see the Leg Cyberdemon in either CDM02 or have it restored in CDM03. :-)

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:47 am

Blast88 wrote:Well that was fast for 0.98f to come out. But anyways, for the next version, I'd sure would love to see the Leg Cyberdemon in either CDM02 or have it restored in CDM03. :-)
Well I don't think it would be a good idea cause CDM02 is a very tight cornered level, Leg Cyber will work a LOT well in wide open areas. But yes, CDM02 does need a little upgrading in order to make it somewhat interesting.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:16 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Blast88 wrote:Well that was fast for 0.98f to come out. But anyways, for the next version, I'd sure would love to see the Leg Cyberdemon in either CDM02 or have it restored in CDM03. :-)
Well I don't think it would be a good idea cause CDM02 is a very tight cornered level, Leg Cyber will work a LOT well in wide open areas. But yes, CDM02 does need a little upgrading in order to make it somewhat interesting.
Legendary Cyberdemon not being a good idea in CDM02. Well I think I'll have to agree on that as that level is relativity small. So what can happen is that the Legendary Cyberdemon battle of CDM03 can be restored since CDM03 has widely opened spots but if CDM02 gets its areas expanded, then will think about having the Legendary Cyberdemon battle in that map.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:24 am

fr blood wrote:It's fine, now that I'm a bit more active I don't mind doing a little fix update to make it compatible with 1.5.9, so if I found a bug it will be fixed.
Ah thanks. You should get on IRC more so we can eventually start testing for release.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:29 am

Are you allowed to get into tanks with Drain Rune?

cause that still makes players uber powerful specially with the Plasma tank~

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:32 pm

This is finally challenging now! Thank you for making such a good mod... however i still have to complain about tech vulcan altfire. I can often score more that 5000 points with that! Not mentioning the rain of bonus crates coming from the killing.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 am

great update now its a real challenge this mod

however ttheres 2 things u need to change

1.-epic crate should give utility gun tier 4 instead of 3
2.-tier 4 gives a permanent bfg devastator which i still consider a very damn op weapon and sometimes it lags servers if they use a time freeze + rage/leg rune combo u should change it for the d-bfg

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:50 am

C:\) wrote:great update now its a real challenge this mod

2.-tier 4 gives a permanent bfg devastator which i still consider a very damn op weapon and sometimes it lags servers if they use a time freeze + rage/leg rune combo u should change it for the d-bfg
I don't think there is a Tier 4 Utility Gun...and you can only make BFG 10K at most with it since the Devastator isn't included in the options.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:59 am

I think the Devastator looked like a good idea but I still agree for the Demon Tech BFG to be added which in the list of slots can go between BFG10000 and Devastator.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 am

Blast88 wrote:

I think the Devastator looked like a good idea but I still agree for the Demon Tech BFG to be added which in the list of slots can go between BFG10000 and Devastator.
Utility Gun is already powerful enough with Tier 3 Command Post, You pretty much win the game when you build a Command post since it keeps churning out Marines, Goodie Crates, Bonus Crates, Turrets etc. What else do you need more?

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:55 am

bruiserdaemon wrote:This is finally challenging now! Thank you for making such a good mod... however i still have to complain about tech vulcan altfire. I can often score more that 5000 points with that! Not mentioning the rain of bonus crates coming from the killing.
And here yes you are right I will nerf the damages of the altfire.

Yeah I know how strong is the devastator, but you know reaching the tier 4 utiligun is not that easy, this is why I decided to make the epic crate only reach the tier 3.
And for the D-BFG that weapon is very effective against legendary monsters/mini bosses/final bosses, it can even hit them in their invul states this is why getting it from anything else than an epic crate would make the gameplay too easy IMO.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:46 pm

fr blood wrote:
bruiserdaemon wrote:This is finally challenging now! Thank you for making such a good mod... however i still have to complain about tech vulcan altfire. I can often score more that 5000 points with that! Not mentioning the rain of bonus crates coming from the killing.
And here yes you are right I will nerf the damages of the altfire.

Yeah I know how strong is the devastator, but you know reaching the tier 4 utiligun is not that easy, this is why I decided to make the epic crate only reach the tier 3.
And for the D-BFG that weapon is very effective against legendary monsters/mini bosses/final bosses, it can even hit them in their invul states this is why getting it from anything else than an epic crate would make the gameplay too easy IMO.
not to mention now the utility gun everyone is spamming crates to get next tiers i think u need to nerf it to 30 secs delay for most pickups and i still insist to remove devastator from tier 4 and put demon tech 10K because theres people who dont give a shit and they use rage/leg rune, leg ammo, leg time freeze and devastator at the same time and bam instant lag and missing packets for everyone not even pressing L cant save you from that