[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Debaser94

Re: [0.7.4] NZ:DE (Thread Reboot)

Post by Debaser94 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:42 am

Angel_Neko_X wrote:Someguy made the 3D RIP thundergun sprites!

I'm not a fan of that, as much as I'd love to see a carefully 1:1 Nazi Zombies within Doom, the thought of 3D model rips (atleast for guns) displeases me. Also we already have a Thundergun (in nice sprite form that isn't 3D)

Edit: Also, for the menu/ levels, it should have the correct font, something like this perhaps? http://www.dafont.com/edo.font?text=NAZI+ZOMBIES

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Angel_Neko_X wrote:Someguy made the 3D RIP thundergun sprites!

*CRINGE*

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri May 20, 2016 8:35 pm

Debaser94 wrote:I'm not a fan of that, as much as I'd love to see a carefully 1:1 Nazi Zombies within Doom, the thought of 3D model rips (atleast for guns) displeases me. Also we already have a Thundergun (in nice sprite form that isn't 3D)
MrEnchanter wrote:*CRINGE*
I agree, with previous statements, having a 3D rip would make me cringe so bad, I like to have every sprite done by the same person if possible and if not that I'd prefer to have a few people who can do the same art style as the person in question.
Debaser94 wrote:Edit: Also, for the menu/ levels, it should have the correct font, something like this perhaps? http://www.dafont.com/edo.font?text=NAZI+ZOMBIES
This was a really good find, thankyou Debaser, I couldn't find the original text so I decided to use that which I have now and to be honest, I never liked the Z in the font which we use now

I am also still debating that which I should show off, I want to show off some of the new features but to be honest, I don't exactly want to do the same thing over and over again as I have done repeatedly a lot has changed yes but I would prefer to do some sort of trailer instead of just playing to show off new features, the thing is I am also running short on time for this, I am not too certain but there is a possibility my internet might be disconnected soon due to certain complications in real, I would also like to have things such as all the powerup sprites and all perk animation sprites in game before I release the trailer.

Trusty McLegit
New User

Post by Trusty McLegit » Sat May 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Is this mod meant for Zandro 2.1.2 or Zandro 3.0, and is it compatible with GZdoom?

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun May 22, 2016 4:49 am

As of this moment, it is meant for 2.1.2, we have been anxiously awaiting the release of a non-build version of Zandro 3.0 seeming as how it fixes a lot of issues we have ran into, the latest released version can be played on Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom, there will be some differences between the two however and you may not be able to use special grenades, the version we are working on is fully compatible with Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom.

Trusty McLegit
New User

Post by Trusty McLegit » Sun May 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Cool. Is there/will there be a way to disable the screen movement when reloading, knifing, or pretty much anything else? I get what you were going for with it but honestly it just makes me sea sick

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon May 23, 2016 3:00 am

Nah, but I am going to make an option since you suggested it, it's not like it's game breaking to remove them.

Trusty McLegit
New User

Post by Trusty McLegit » Mon May 23, 2016 3:17 am

Cool, thanks! I'd suggest keeping the weapon kickback though, but making it only vertical with non-automatic weapons. The kickback seems to be in somewhat random directions which feels very odd (except with automatic weapons since presumably they are meant to feel as though they are going a bit out of control if you hold the trigger)

Trusty McLegit
New User

Post by Trusty McLegit » Mon May 23, 2016 3:40 am

Also, this is more of a personal preference than an objective criticism, but it would be nice to have reload canceling, so if you're stuck in a long reload animation while there is a crowd attacking you, you can still switch over to your alternate

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 am

I've been working on something like that, so far the trench gun, sawn off and the double barrel are the only ones that can do it, I might have to do a check after each frame is played.

Trusty McLegit
New User

Post by Trusty McLegit » Mon May 23, 2016 5:56 am

Awesome! Fantastic work on this mod btw, can't wait for the next release

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:13 pm

Trusty McLegit wrote:Also, this is more of a personal preference than an objective criticism, but it would be nice to have reload canceling, so if you're stuck in a long reload animation while there is a crowd attacking you, you can still switch over to your alternate
Good point, almost like the actual Zombies game-mode that allowed you to do that on PS3/Xbox360,

Also will there be any Estimated Time of Arrival for the next update?

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sun May 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Debaser94 wrote:
Trusty McLegit wrote:Also, this is more of a personal preference than an objective criticism, but it would be nice to have reload canceling, so if you're stuck in a long reload animation while there is a crowd attacking you, you can still switch over to your alternate
Good point, almost like the actual Zombies game-mode that allowed you to do that on PS3/Xbox360,

Also will there be any Estimated Time of Arrival for the next update?
We will consult the team and come up with a date, as said before a large portion of the wait is waiting on Zan 3.0 to be fully released, there's that and personal events on everybody's end that we are all taking care of. I will be back to mapping shortly, however currently I am focusing on VA and bitmapping.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:33 pm

So you guys would be happy to know that the scoreboard is finished (Minor tweaks are needed), you can not just toggle it now but it will also update, there's only one problem though, if a players ping is above 280, it will more than likely mess with the script so I might need to make a work around.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:23 pm

WhiteAce wrote:So you guys would be happy to know that the scoreboard is finished (Minor tweaks are needed), you can not just toggle it now but it will also update, there's only one problem though, if a players ping is above 280, it will more than likely mess with the script so I might need to make a work around.
Very awesome -- Just wondering if some of the weapons sound levels be volume adjusted within the coming update (M1A1 carbine) currently has a somewhat scraping audio sound (as if the sound of the gun firing was recorded from a TV playing the game through a cell-phone) and it doesn't sound as clean/ as good as the gewhr 43 (which sounds infinitely better, and doesn't hurt the ears) , the Sawed Off Shotgun firing sound… that could be changed…

As for the Panzerchek grenade/rocket launcher - I’ve seen in another mod that it had the correct looking weapon holding (with the ADS) view instead of the silver one that’s currently within the mod.

As for Dual-Weilded weapons (like the dual Colt’s) would it be possible to have them both fire with one mouse button instead of as it is now with alt fire? (i’ve seen this in a mod that had dual pistols (beautiful doom i think it was, where to fire both you only needed 1 fire button pressed) - all in all, this mod is coming along great!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:58 pm

I've actually got a really good stockpile of sounds which includes fire sounds, teleporter sounds (Which I made a countdown sequence with for Der Riese that 100% works), generally a lot of good stuff that I got from BlackOpsRichtoffen over at the NZ:P forums (http://nzportable.forumotion.com/t1989- ... sound-dump), it might take me a while to get everything I want in, but I will get it all in there eventually.

As for the Dual colts, I was thinking that too, there are some bugs here and there that comes with the dual wielded pistols firing with mouse click and alt fire, if there are enough people saying they want to fire it with one button, I will more than likely edit the decorate code and take out the alt fire + do a little rearranging otherwise I will try to fix what is broken on it to make it that much better, I have a feeling Cubasy never touched the code after creating mustang and sally which is why it is still buggy.

I've also got the teleporters working now, god that was a pain in the ass but I found a work around and it now has sounds, before I just used the purchase sound and it was horrible.

EDIT: I am also reminded of how much I still have to do X'D

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 am

Here's what that Zombies Font looks like within Pages ( I added the shadow effect to give it a different vibe... idk) http://imgur.com/GwxiCXb

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:41 am

It looks good although I am more than likely going to the Doom Edition in its native text.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:06 am

WhiteAce wrote:It looks good although I am more than likely going to the Doom Edition in its native text.
Yes i agree with the decision of the "Doom Edition" portion of the title being in the original text as you had it before, i just wasn't sure what type-font that was, or how to get it. lol

Also here's some Saturday modding inspiration for us all :
"I want to speak to the importance of spending time with your creations and iterating constantly on your work. If something isn’t working quite right, don’t settle. Get in there and make it the best you can. You will learn so much and feel very accomplished afterwards." -- Patrick Roeder

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:47 am

Drew this a few minutes ago and converted it to sprite form.

HD version for the page: