[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Peashooter577 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:
Peashooter577 wrote:I think I found a bug in Devastator, if you fire it, then you start receving free points and spawns a ton of blood into Devastator ball. This bug is from an actor called PlayerDevastatorProjectileAttack, cause it has the MONSTER combo flag. Also, can you please remove the noclip shit from Cardinal and TLC? ppl on servers just spam D-BFG on them, it's annoying. You should change the noclip by bounce, I think it will be better.
that bug is old, leggy should add +NOBLOOD and fixed

so don't play with replacer or lca-ark :cool: ((((and replacer makes the gameplay easier, you get everything too early))))

use bfg9k, is the same shit.

Edit:
better nuke should only affect the person who shot him with the dbfg, not the entire party.
I tested the Devastator bug once again, and the blood thing should be fixed, but free points it's still occurring, cause MONSTER combo flag that adds a lot of flags including +SOLID, +SHOOTABLE ...
It just needs the +ISMONSTER flag.

JUST DON'T PLAY isn't a good argument immo, better improve it instead of do nothing.

Yeah, better than killing everyone in the map.
I'll see what I can do. This bug has actually been around for quite some time now. I'll try to get it fixed for 1.5.9.5 since it'll be ready soon with a few other fixes as well. I'll do the +NOBLOOD thing as well since it would make more sense to add even if it doesn't fix the issue.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:00 pm

You can turn off unwanted flags from a combo like this: -SOLID or -SHOOTABLE. It might still be faster than turning on each wanted flag individually. It depends on how many of the flags in the combo are wanted and how many are not.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Empyre wrote:You can turn off unwanted flags from a combo like this: -SOLID or -SHOOTABLE. It might still be faster than turning on each wanted flag individually. It depends on how many of the flags in the combo are wanted and how many are not.
Ah I see, thank you. I might have fixed it already though just didn't test it yet.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:34 pm

For those that use them, the no push addons have been updated. Instead of the hitscan being projectiles they are now returned to normal bullets. +MTHRUSPECIES was added to the new modded bullet puff actor so that the weapons can function better. However, these versions only work with Zandronum 3.0 and up.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Another little update. New version out with more important and not so important fixes. Check the readme or first post to see what has been changed this time. I'll possibly update the Zandronum 2.1.2 version later. Again, let me know of any additional bugs that are spotted. Links for everything are on my first post.

Peashooter577
New User

Post by Peashooter577 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Aw you didn't fixed the problem from D-BFG :(
Here's a example of this:

Someone on a server with 20+ players pickups a D-BFG, then he shoots purposely on a leg card and then everybody got killed.
The guy who shoots this get another D-BFG and do the samething and so he got kicked from the server.
Possible solution: Insta kill who shoots the D-BFG on them.

And I notice that the devastator bug is still unfixed.
To be easy for you, use the flags from complex's DTBFG code:

[spoiler]ACTOR PlayerDTBFGProjectileAttack
{
PROJECTILE
+LOOKALLAROUND
+ISMONSTER
+QUICKTORETALIATE
+NOTARGET
+FRIENDLY
+NOCLIP
}[/spoiler]

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:57 pm

D-BFG is not part of LCA. This is a wrong place to ask for a fix.

What are you even talking about? How does shooting a leg card kill everyone?

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:29 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:D-BFG is not part of LCA.
Yes, but LCA contains code that does what Peashooter577 is describing. LCA got banned from TSPG a few weeks ago because of this. Apparently, nothing has changed.

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 pm

What code is that? I'm curious now.

Peashooter577
New User

Post by Peashooter577 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:What code is that? I'm curious now.
If you fire D-BFG against Leg Card or TLC, they use a blue big bomb against you that does 10 million damage (foil players invul) and with noclip. Killing all players in the way.

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:34 pm

Had to look it up after all.
There's a very specific pain state for DBFG that only exists to say "fuck you" to those who use that weapon.
Even if you want to discourage using it, doing it this way only enables trolling (see: shooting it on purpose to get everyone rekt). Just set DamageFactor to 0.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Peashooter577 wrote:Aw you didn't fixed the problem from D-BFG :(

Someone on a server with 20+ players pickups a D-BFG, then he shoots purposely on a leg card and then everybody got killed.
The guy who shoots this get another D-BFG and do the samething and so he got kicked from the server.

{
PROJECTILE
+LOOKALLAROUND
+ISMONSTER
+QUICKTORETALIATE
+NOTARGET
+FRIENDLY
+NOCLIP
}[/spoiler]
Please don't do any kind of modding or game design.

What kind of a terrible design decision is it that you give your players a very good weapon after taking down a strong monster, only for that said weapon to be useless against some monsters and on top of that, causing the said monsters to launch a server killing (in terms of players, not lag) projectile on them for using this weapon that is intended to be a reward?

What's worse is this wasn't fixed all this time and still happens... This is one of those things that just has to keep on happening to prove a point.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

r4z0r
Banned
Clan: Homework Help

Post by r4z0r » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 am

Ivan wrote:

{
PROJECTILE
+LOOKALLAROUND
+ISMONSTER
+QUICKTORETALIATE
+NOTARGET
+FRIENDLY
+NOCLIP
}[/spoiler]
Please don't do any kind of modding or game design.

What kind of a terrible design decision is it that you give your players a very good weapon after taking down a strong monster, only for that said weapon to be useless against some monsters and on top of that, causing the said monsters to launch a server killing (in terms of players, not lag) projectile on them for using this weapon that is intended to be a reward?

What's worse is this wasn't fixed all this time and still happens... This is one of those things that just has to keep on happening to prove a point.
Ivan fishing in the pond for more drama how about you go back to fixing dnd get OWNED.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:08 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:Had to look it up after all.
There's a very specific pain state for DBFG that only exists to say "fuck you" to those who use that weapon.
Even if you want to discourage using it, doing it this way only enables trolling (see: shooting it on purpose to get everyone rekt). Just set DamageFactor to 0.
Hmm maybe I got a little out of hand with that one. Didn't really think of how much trolling it could cause but then again all the monsters that have it are extremely rare. I'll change it in some way for the next update.

{
PROJECTILE
+LOOKALLAROUND
+ISMONSTER
+QUICKTORETALIATE
+NOTARGET
+FRIENDLY
+NOCLIP
}[/spoiler]
Good idea, I'll try to fix that DTBFG point thing again too. Maybe I should have tested a little more before release...
Eagle wrote:At last authors of lca have paid attention to my changes for their fashion placed in HEM, and quietly have taken them. Hasn't passed also years.
Yes, since you requested credit through PM I will gladly add your name and the changes I used from your version for 1.5.9.6.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:39 pm

lol the "anti-dbfg attack" of TLC was since he was released and yes, is too insane for everyone

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 am

Skeleton wrote:lol the "anti-dbfg attack" of TLC was since he was released and yes, is too insane for everyone
Lol yeah, it's like people are just noticing it but it's been there forever. I might do something similar to what you did with HF in your recent update.

Titanium
New User

Post by Titanium » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Legendary wrote:
Skeleton wrote:lol the "anti-dbfg attack" of TLC was since he was released and yes, is too insane for everyone
Lol yeah, it's like people are just noticing it but it's been there forever. I might do something similar to what you did with HF in your recent update.
BTW there is another anti-dbfg attack of TLS reach to instakill to the player with DBFG and other players, just attacks to the ground with noclip giant blue balls which does made by TLC's attack.

Can exist and Anti-dbfg of TLA and other true legendary enemies non-big?

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 am

Titanium wrote:
Legendary wrote:
BTW there is another anti-dbfg attack of TLS reach to instakill to the player with DBFG and other players, just attacks to the ground with noclip giant blue balls which does made by TLC's attack.

Can exist and Anti-dbfg of TLA and other true legendary enemies non-big?
what? there's no TLA, he is already working on it

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Skeleton wrote:what? there's no TLA, he is already working on it
Yeah no TLA yet, maybe one day he'll be done. Also, what do you guys think about the invul states for Leg monsters and things of that nature? If you have any suggestions for improvements I'm all ears. I just haven't had the time to work on the mod in a while due to work.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:22 am

Legendary wrote:
Skeleton wrote:what? there's no TLA, he is already working on it
Yeah no TLA yet, maybe one day he'll be done. Also, what do you guys think about the invul states for Leg monsters and things of that nature? If you have any suggestions for improvements I'm all ears. I just haven't had the time to work on the mod in a while due to work.
In many cases (in particular, anything that doesn't leave a monster standing still for at least 5 seconds), instead of using A_SetInvulnerable, I'd use A_ChangeFlag("NOPAIN",1), as if your RNG is bad, you simply can't hurt a bunch of leg monsters.