Zandronum 2.1-alpha-150611-2305

Builds for previous versions go here

Moderator: Developers

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Zandronum 2.1-alpha-150611-2305

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:39 pm

2.0 was a rather large release, so it inevitably introduced some problems. 2.1 is going to take care of the regressions (crashes in CTF, weapon sync issues, mods relying on certain ACS scripts refusing to run, etc.) and then some, but we need your help! Please test this 2.1 beta to make sure that everything works as expected.

Here is the full list of changes:

Code: Select all

+	- The Zandronum server is now compatible with the Raspberry Pi (based on selected ZDoom backports), so far only tested with a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. [Torr Samaho]
+	- Added support for ACS script numbers higher than 999. This is intended to increase compatibility with mods that worked in 1.3, but stopped working with 2.0. [Torr Samaho]
+	- The server can now broadcast dehacked patches loaded with -deh and -bex to server browsers. [Dusk]
+	- Added Catastrophe's CCMD 'ifspectator' that executes its argument only if the consoleplayer is a spectator. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Too high volume parameters to A_PlaySound and friends caused the volume to overflow online. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: Friendly fire obituaries did not appear online in competitive gamemodes. [Dusk]
-	- Hopefully fixed a potential weapon switch induced client-side crash. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: Amount of total monsters went out of count upon map resets. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: When a player scored a point in CTF, Skulltag or Possession, the scoreboard in the Windows server console was not updated properly. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: -optfile would eat CCMD calls (such as +exec) and treat them and their arguments as wads to include as optional. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: the 'light fast strobe in sync' sector special would visually desync while playing a demo. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: A_LookEx desynced completely online. [Dusk, Edward-san]
-	- Fixed possible health desync issues in some situations. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: Trying to open a corrupt zip archive crashed the game (backported from ZDoom). [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Players were kicked for excessive movement commands instead of simply ignoring the excessive commands. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: clients were not informed of some actor flag modifications with A_ChangeFlag. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: Trying to record client demos on some mods, e.g. duel32c_st.pk3, caused the client to error out. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: A_FadeIn and A_FadeOut did not work for actors which don't have a network id. [Dusk, Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: The client could not handle the display of the morphed mugshot in the status bar. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: clients lost some actor flag modifications done in a previous map after a changemap map change. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: Players would be awarded damage dealt to non-COUNTKILL monsters if sv_awarddamageinsteadkills was set. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: Using alternative track orders with music formats with multiple tracks did not work online. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: "gl_cachenodes 1" could crash the server. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: A map change in CTF online could crash the game. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Blocked sliding polyobjects were not handled properly online. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: The delayed stairs building movers were not handled properly online. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed: Some dehacked weapon attack sounds could not work. [Edward-san]
-	- Fixed some weapon sync issues related to the client movement buffer. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Even when using a random map rotation, the map a server loads on start was not randomized (ported from Konar6's kpatch). [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: sv_forcegldefaults 1 stopped working properly for the gl clients. [Edward-san]
!	- Make the crash log unique for SDL platforms by appending the timestamp to the file name. [Edward-san, Dusk]
!	- The Linux executables now will be able to generate a core dump in case a crash happens. [Edward-san]
!	- Railgun attacks no longer always pierce armor. The Skulltag railgun in skulltag_actors.pk3 continues to do so, however, through use of +PIERCEARMOR. [Dusk]
!	- A map is now marked as used when entered instead of when exited in the rotation list. [Leonard]
Downloads
Last edited by Blzut3 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Zandronum 2.1-alpha-150611-2305

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Great work as usual. Thanks for these crucial fixes!

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 pm

For the TL;DR:
Torr Samaho wrote:

Code: Select all

Fixed: Almost Everything
yessssssssssss
Last edited by Untitled on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:47 am

Finally, not being kicked for accidental movement command flood. Been waiting for this for literally years.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

President People
Forum Regular

Post by President People » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:14 am

I waited for a while, but I guess I've missed the boat for a Mac build. No development builds listed for any platform under the downloads link, now.

welp
Last edited by President People on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.