Zandronum 2.0-alpha-141117-2018

Builds for previous versions go here

Moderator: Developers

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Zandronum 2.0-alpha-141117-2018

Post by Torr Samaho » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:22 am

After a too long time of no new official 2.0 beta builds, here is fresh one including all the latest changes. Many things have changed since the last build, so I'll just post a full list of changes this build has compared to 1.3:

Code: Select all

*+	- Updated Zandronum's (G)ZDoom base to ZDoom SVN revision 2560 / GZDoom SVN revision 900 [Torr Samaho]
*+	- Added quad-buffered stereo / 3D Vision support to the GL renderer (minimal invasive implementation based on biospud's GZ3Doom). [Torr Samaho]
+	- Added the OS used to the version string the server sends to the launchers (adapted form Konar6's kpatch). [Torr Samaho]
+	- When a banned client is prevented from connecting, the ban reason (if specified in the banlist) is logged to the server console (adapted form Konar6's kpatch). [Torr Samaho]
+	- Added a new compatflags cvar: compat_silentwestspawns, emulates Vanilla compatibility by not performing any spawnfog/sounds for west angled spawns. [Water]
+	- Added compat_maxbloodscalar which will enforce vanilla red screen damage as if the blood_fade_scalar was 1.0. [Water]
+	- Ported CVARINFO lump support and the ACS functions SetCVar, GetCVarString and SetCVarString from ZDoom. This includes support for CVars that are automatically synced between server and clients. User CVars are not support for now though. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed problems when boss monsters were replaced by Randomspawners in game modes that use map resets, e.g. survival. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Radius_Quake didn't work properly online if the duration was longer than 128 tics. [Torr Samaho]
!	- Renamed compatflags2 to zacompatflags and moved all Zandronum/Skulltag exclusive compatflags from compatflags to zacompatflags to resolve compatibility problems with ZDoom updates. Launchers and config files need to be updated to account for this change. [Torr Samaho] 
!	- Renamed dmflags3 to zadmflags, moved all Zandronum/Skulltag exclusive dmflags2 from dmflags2 to zadmflags and changed the remaining dmflags2 values to match the ZDoom values to resolve compatibility problems with future ZDoom updates. Launchers and config files need to be updated to account for this change. [Torr Samaho] 
!	- Since ZDoom 2.5.0 (and thus Zandronum) doesn't support script numbers higher than 999, Zandronum now gracefully errors out when encountering a script with an invalid number instead of crashing randomly. [Torr Samaho] 
+	- Added CVAR sv_limitcommands which can be set to false to disable various flooding limits (allow constant suiciding, team changing, disable command flood auto-kick, etc). Should not be set to false in public servers. [Dusk]
+	- Added a Network Options menu which will contain all new network options. [Water, Torr Samaho]
+	- The authentication mechanism for non-map related lumps now allows Freedoom 0.9/Doom clients to join Doom/Freedoom 0.9 servers. [Torr Samaho] 
+	- Significantly bandwidth-optimized server-to-client ACS_Execute (and friends) calls. Such a call now uses 9 to 21 bytes of bandwidth per client per call (depending on the size of arguments), instead of 22 to 29 bytes. [Dusk]
+	- Added cl_showspawns, which creates a particle fountain at active spawns. [Water, Torr Samaho]
+	- Added a decorate flag DONTIDENTIFYTARGET which prevents player identification from being done to the actor. [Water]
+	- Added CVAR compat_autoaim which restores vanilla autoaim, as there was a switch to autoaim filling in the gaps due to limited number of tracers from vanilla. [Water]
+	- Added CVAR cl_clientflags which controls both cl_unlagged and cl_respawnonfire to save bandwidth and make future booleans easier to transmit over the network. [Water, Torr Samaho]
+	- Added a menu entry to for the GZDoom HUD, i.e. CVAR hud_althud. [Torr Samaho]
+	- Added a CVAR (wi_autoscreenshot) to allow screenshots to automatically be taken upon entering the intermission screen. [Water, Torr Samaho]
+	- Added CVAR cl_clientsidepuffs which allows clients to predict puffs, which makes bullet puffs from hitscan weapons appear instantly. [Water, Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: No longer can pick up team items in CTF or Skulltag after the round ends. [Water]
-	- Fixed: Monsters near the bottom of a ledge on a raising sector sometimes appeared as teleporting up on clients online. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Light effects created by scripts weren't removed during a map reset. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: MAPINFO lumps were not protected. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: Instant light fading was not updated on the client's side. [Water]
-	- Fixed: Frozen corpses were not properly cleaned up during the countdown phase, leading to unexpected behavior with player viewpoints. [Water, Torr Samaho]
-	- Trying to generate bot nodes on very large maps caused the game to crash. This should now be fixed at least on extremely large maps. Bots are disabled in this case. [Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: The crouched sprite wasn't displayed for skins enforced through Weapon.PreferredSkin if the player class had +NOSKIN. [Esum, Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Player spawn height now is on the ground so any player starts in the air will not result in team telefragging unless all spawns are full. [Water, Torr Samaho]
-	- Fixed: Missiles with the +NOEXPLODEFLOOR flag desynced online. [Dusk]
-	- Fixed: A voodoo doll exiting the level would print a bogus " exited the level" message. [Dusk]
!	- Changed intermission proceeding to not rely on spectators if there is active players. [Water]
!	- The login server selected with authhostname needs to support version 2 of the login protocol. [Torr Samaho] 
Download

Arco
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Zandronum 2.0-alpha-141117-2018

Post by Arco » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:33 am

This release is very much appreciated. Thanks Torr.
When the weather changes, we will be lost. And no one will know who anyone is anymore.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

Amazing, thanks for the update. Been waiting for this actually!!
+ - When a banned client is prevented from connecting, the ban reason (if specified in the banlist) is logged to the server console (adapted form Konar6's kpatch). [Torr Samaho]
Gonna have a laugh with this :lol:

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm

much apreciated, now on with the testing! :P

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 pm

+    - Significantly bandwidth-optimized server-to-client ACS_Execute (and friends) calls. Such a call now uses 9 to 21 bytes of bandwidth per client per call (depending on the size of arguments), instead of 22 to 29 bytes. [Dusk]
!!!
[quote="Kennon Conrad"]Dear LawCounsels,
To prove your compressor works, I suggest you try it on your posts and then post only the result.

We all know an ideal lossy compressor would output 0 bytes for your posts, so see if you can beat that.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by TerminusEst13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Bloax wrote:

+    - Significantly bandwidth-optimized server-to-client ACS_Execute (and friends) calls. Such a call now uses 9 to 21 bytes of bandwidth per client per call (depending on the size of arguments), instead of 22 to 29 bytes. [Dusk]
!!!
!!!!!!
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Quaker540

Post by Quaker540 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:00 pm

YESSIR, I'll grab this babe right now! I'll of course report anything that seems unstable or buggy :3
[quote=The Forum Community] We all love you, Quaker540.[/quote]

doomero
Forum Regular

Post by doomero » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:21 am

I will take a look Torr thanks!

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Oooooohhhh.

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:22 am

I could see some textures bugs when I'm playing the latest dev

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:34 pm

doomjoshuaboy wrote: I could see some textures bugs when I'm playing the latest dev
- Screenshots?
- Hardware? Software?
- Does it happen in ZDoom 2.5.0?
- Anything else?

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:29 am

Watermelon wrote:
doomjoshuaboy wrote: I could see some textures bugs when I'm playing the latest dev
- Screenshots?
- Hardware? Software?
- Does it happen in ZDoom 2.5.0?
- Anything else?
i was playing in opengl using skulltag data with invasion.
i don't remember when it happens in zdoom 2.5.0.
Screenshots: (my apologies i don't have any of the best image uploading online so its as links )
from this when i was moving

to this the texture are moved whenever i moved

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:43 am

doomjoshuaboy wrote: i was playing in opengl using skulltag data with invasion.
i don't remember when it happens in zdoom 2.5.0.
Screenshots: (my apologies i don't have any of the best image uploading online so its as links )
from this when i was moving

to this the texture are moved whenever i moved
Thanks for the info! Please make a tracker ticket for this including the information at which position of which map you observed the problem.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:19 pm

So, I understand that the authentification server won't track game stats at the moment. Any idea when it will?

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 am

Drakeman1234 wrote: So, I understand that the authentification server won't track game stats at the moment. Any idea when it will?
I have no plans to have the official Zandronum binaries track any stats on their own. Instead, we are providing the necessary hooks to allow mods that track stats persistently. Whether or not a server uses such mods is up to the server admins.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Torr Samaho wrote:
Drakeman1234 wrote: So, I understand that the authentification server won't track game stats at the moment. Any idea when it will?
I have no plans to have the official Zandronum binaries track any stats on their own. Instead, we are providing the necessary hooks to allow mods that track stats persistently. Whether or not a server uses such mods is up to the server admins.
Ohhh. Have the hooks been fully introduced, then?

And more like, up to the mod-makers to integrate these hooks.
Last edited by Drakeman1234 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Drakeman1234 wrote:
Torr Samaho wrote:
Ohhh. Have the hooks been fully introduced, then?
I think so. People are already doing it now with mods.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:37 am

Okay. I guess i'll have to bring this up again with Thetis, since I haven't gotten an actual answer out of him regarding WoC.... : P