"botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

General help and assistance forum.
PlutonianEmpire
New User

"botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Post by PlutonianEmpire » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:12 am

Right now, I am using my own custom bots for offline server games with Doomseeker, especially with Brutal Doom. I have noticed that every time I get kicked from the server by surprise, it is a server error resulting from the error I mentioned in the title. But otherwise, its pretty rare and random to get this error, and tough to reproduce it seems. Is this something I can fix on my end, or a a bug?

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Re: "botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Post by jdagenet » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:09 am

Depends.

What version of Zandronum are you trying this on and does this happen in other versions?
Try running a server with only the bots and see what happens. If it doesn't kick you then there's something that Brutal Doom doesn't like when it comes to custom bots, but if it does kick you then there's something strange going on with the bots themselves (or perhaps your bots in particular?).
Make extra sure that you're defining your bots correctly and that there's no syntax errors.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

PlutonianEmpire
New User

Re: "botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Post by PlutonianEmpire » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:49 am

My Version of Zandronum is 2.1.2, and it's definitely kicking when I'm alone with the bots. I've done my best to avoid the syntax errors, however when setting their "favoriteweapon" in the botinfo.txt, I've aimed for the weapons that show up in Doom 2 and Brutal Doom, although I don't know where to find out the exact file/source names so the weapons will load properly, especially the grenades or BFG10k in Brutal Doom. Most of the time, they're using the assault rifles that come with Brutal Doom, although sometimes I see one of them using the flamecannon from the Mancubus. So far the favoriteweapons I've set for my own bots are "shotgun", "ssg", "rocketlauncher", "plasmarifle", or "flamecannon".