Zandronum Lag

General help and assistance forum.
Dialgaofpower Upsilon
New User

Zandronum Lag

Post by Dialgaofpower Upsilon » Sun May 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Whenever I use Zandronum, it seems to lag a lot. This isn't just multiplayer or a certain version either; on both versions of zandronum I have (one I have just to play old wads not compatible with the newer versions) and even on singleplayer, they both lag like hell. When I am not playing it's fine, but when I start a game, zandronum's FPS goes to subterranean levels. Is there a fix for this? And no, the wads I play have nothing to do with it.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Re: Zandronum Lag

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Are you using an Intel GPU and OpenGL?

Dialgaofpower Upsilon
New User

Post by Dialgaofpower Upsilon » Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Going to Software immediately fixes this, thanks.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun May 07, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm glad that this works for you. There is some more discussion on the OpenGL problems here. If you'd like to keep using OpenGL, you can also try "vid_fps 1". Strangely, it seems to fix the problem on Intel GPUs.

Here
New User

Post by Here » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 pm

I literally have the same problem,if i may ask,are you using Windows 10? because i think windows 10 messes with your drivers when they do updates

Here
New User

Post by Here » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Torr Samaho wrote:I'm glad that this works for you. There is some more discussion on the OpenGL problems here. If you'd like to keep using OpenGL, you can also try "vid_fps 1". Strangely, it seems to fix the problem on Intel GPUs.

Oh,thank you,i never knew about this,so i hope i'm not bothering,but how does turning vid_fps 1 on actually fix it? I really don't understand,it's only visual right? because it's supposed to only show your fps.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Here wrote:Oh,thank you,i never knew about this,so i hope i'm not bothering,but how does turning vid_fps 1 on actually fix it? I really don't understand,it's only visual right? because it's supposed to only show your fps.
It's completely unclear why "vid_fps 1" helps, we just have numerous reports confirming that it does help. I guess that it's simply a bug in the Intel GPU driver.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Hmm, do you think having someone affected by the bug run apitrace or something will help with debugging?
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova