logging servers - keeping stats

General help and assistance forum.
grrfield

logging servers - keeping stats

Post by grrfield » Thu May 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Dear all,

I'm hosting a few zandronum servers on a raspberry pi. I was wondering if there was some tool around analyze console output. The purpose is to keep some stats of what maps have been played, by how many people, how many people died by what zombie, and stuff like that, you know....

There must be something around i guess, but i just can't find the right tool to do it. Is there anyone who can give me a clue where i should look, or whom i should ask? I read something about a stat tracking wad used for FNF, but i really dunno how or what.

thanks for helping me out...

grrfield

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Re: logging servers - keeping stats

Post by Torr Samaho » Sat May 06, 2017 4:58 pm

grrfield wrote: I'm hosting a few zandronum servers on a raspberry pi. I was wondering if there was some tool around analyze console output.
I remember that someone wrote such a tool, but I can't find it anymore. Does anybody else remember this and still has a link? IIRC there was a forum thread.
grrfield wrote:I read something about a stat tracking wad used for FNF, but i really dunno how or what.
I think that's what you have in mind: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... ats-r2.pk3

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 pm

It should be rather easy to make youself though with some simple stdin/stdout piping if you have some programming experience.

It would also be cool if mods could write to stdout, but that will probably never happen.

Wirtualnosc
Forum Regular

Post by Wirtualnosc » Sun May 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Lollipop wrote:It would also be cool if mods could write to stdout, but that will probably never happen.
They already can using function A_Log in DECORATE/Log in ACS. In fact, IIRC that's how Jumpmaze records were saved before database support was implemented in Zandronum.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon May 08, 2017 7:21 am

Really? That is some great stuff to abuse >:D