[TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground Server Cluster - Now Semi-Automatic!

Old stuff gets archived here.
bxn
New User

RE: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground Server Cluster - Now Semi-Automatic!

Post by bxn » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:45 am

yeah,it's the same files I uploaded to the server. I'm sure now,that the issue is with project brutality. If I use and earlier version,I can join with no problems. last night I was playing on another persons server with no issue at all,and they had one of the newer versions that was giving me trouble today.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 am

Send a screenshot, so we can identify which WADs you're loading incorrectly.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:43 am

Hello folks.

You are probably wondering why TSPG is down at the moment. At the moment its currently under maintenance however it wont be coming back up for a while since I cant afford this months bill.

It appears I got messed around on some game making software I was using and found out im owing $1k to some debt collector agency. This will defs put a hole in my wallet for a while. I might bring these back this week if things go well but I would not count on it.

Suffice to say, TSPG is going on a vacation for a bit.
If people do really enjoy using the service and is willing to help out, donations would be awesome right now as this will allow me to get these back up sooner but otherwise... sorry folks. It's over for now.
Last edited by mifu on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:12 am

next time u gotta make your game like john carmack romeo with c+- and bill gate's spirit, not use game maker north chinakorean edition that makes the 7 nigerian princes of the 69 lost seas hack your bank account like philippians computer god oblivion ro congrats you passed go, win -1000$ dollars gg owned noscope 420 useful post

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:15 am

another victim falls to the nigerian prince

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Well that sucks. Hope you can resolve this soon mifu.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

mifu

Re: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground Server Cluster - Now Semi-Automatic!

Post by mifu » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:57 am

Well now... what are these squad of archives doing near the remains of this server cluster?

(thats good news btw, stay tuned for more)

FoxBoy

Post by FoxBoy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:51 am

The website is back. Return of service is estimated for this weekend. (Although, don't take it for granted)

This is also my first post on the forum.
Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses you know. It's part of being natural, everything has a tone of beauty to it however you see fit. <3

mifu

Post by mifu » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Hey folks.

Well, it's happened! TSPG is now back from the dead! The only change here is that painkiller is now located in New York and we changed our staff around. Britsteel will also be coming back soon.

Because of this there will be a server appearing later for the come back party we will throw. Keep an eye out!

Kind Regards,

FoxBoy

Post by FoxBoy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:47 pm

For those of you in the forum, we have some updates.
  • The version parameter lets you pick between the latest 2.0 release and the latest 3.0 public beta. The data parameter (Skulltag data) also works regardless of what version you pick.
  • The optwad parameter works like the wad parameter, except it allows you to set up optional wads (Like visual niceties or skin suggestions)
  • The website got a (kind of new) CSS and will be getting a rules list overhaul sometime soon.
  • The Sentinel lives.
Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses you know. It's part of being natural, everything has a tone of beauty to it however you see fit. <3

mifu

Post by mifu » Mon May 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Ok lads!

It is time that we advise what exactly changed in one big ass post! Here we go!
Staff So as you may have noticed, staff has changed.. a bit. I removed all the inactive staff and some others for reasons I wont describe here. Marcaek is now an owner! You are probably thinking: "Wait how the fuck is he an owner? He did not pay shit!" Correction, hes donating me a fair bit to the point that I could not class him as an admin anymore. I will also like to welcome Foxboy and HTG to the crew. Foxboy is also an owner as he donated me money to get this kick started again. HTG will be your friendly admin around here!

Moving on!
Website The website went through some sick changes as well. To list them in no particular order, they were:
  • The theme is more.... metal! \m/ (Just as well because TSPG is kinda based on... judas priest in a way.) Backgrounds are actually various album art of Judas Priest! (Tib approved)
  • Evey node has its files and database synced with other nodes now! It means if you make an account on one node, a minute or few later, it appears on the other nodes! Good shit imo
  • Server stats like cpu usage etc are also displayed on the stats page.
Because everything is synced, redirects have been set up to point to http://allfearthesentinel.net
Please use that for website use when uploading wads etc
Server Locations Server location for painkiller has changed from texas to New York. Yea eastern states! Britsteel is still in the UK though but we hope to have a couple more nodes in places.

Bot Functions We kinda already had these before but they were not really announced fully, so here it goes!

We added a version= setting. This allows the person hosting to either run the latest stable version of zandronum, or run the 3.0 official beta for testing. Win Win for everyone, including the devs! .versions will allow you to to check what versions the server currently has installed :)
There is also the optwad= setting. This setting allows you to load up wads that are optional to have downloaded. This includes music, skins, announcers, sounds all of that good shit. People hate downloading these especially if they are huge, so this will allow you to make it a optional download.

Server Hosting Rules We refined the rules a bit to make sure everything is covered to ensure a very good and fun playground (And yes PUN1SH3R, All fear the sentinel is one of them :wink: )
While the existing ones are still there, the new rules we added are:

Please don't add bots, they can cause memory leaks. If you're alone, why not invite someone to play with you?
Please don't do anything horrendously intensive on your server! We all must share the node.

With that said I am very glad we are back in business and I gota thank Marcaek and Foxboy for this as they helped me get back on. Thanks is also given to Dark-Assassin and Sean for help with setup and improvement. Anyways there's still shit to do, like
  • Sort out Teamspeak again. It's already set up but we need to do more shit to it
  • Add more nodes obviously
  • Gain allfearthesentinel.net email addresses
Anyways if you want to know what happens next... this picture may be a hint.
Meanwhile in Tokyo, The people are witnessing a battle between the huge robot and the metallian. Maybe The Sentinel has arrived! Who knows though
Anyways have fun guys, enjoy TSPG again like most of you did, dont forget if you love it so much, maybe consider donating! All money goes to keeping these servers up (and making sure the beer supply is never empty.. ok thats a joke) and dont for get.... ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL!!!!

Rheap

Post by Rheap » Mon May 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi guys, why i can't login in the main site? i have just registered on Zandronum IRC Channel and in the BritSteel channel, so now i can host a server. But i can't login in the site: i insert my Zandronum IRC name, the password that give me the BritSteel bot but say me incorrect username/password. What it's wrong? (i copy the password).

Kokiri

Post by Kokiri » Mon May 02, 2016 4:15 pm

use the password you used when you registered with britsteel, not the password that britsteel gave you

Rheap

Post by Rheap » Mon May 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Not work. I write the password i use for registry with britsteel but again same problem. i try click forgot password and change with another but same problem.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Mon May 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Trying registering with Painkiller. Your account should sync across to BritSteel.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Rheap

Post by Rheap » Mon May 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Say me: account already exist. When i try to register with painkiller.

Edit: i try to create another account with different email, with the same procedure same error, incorrect username/password. I delete the cache of broswer but anything, i can't understand if is a problem site or my problem.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 am

I'll see what happened.

Edit: It seems that you registered on both Painkiller and Britsteel with a different password. I'll copy over the password hash from Britsteel to Painkiller manually.
Check back with me or this thread (I get RSS notifications) with the result.

FoxBoy

Post by FoxBoy » Tue May 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Hey there.

I'd like to let you know we have a TeamSpeak 3 now because MiFU requested it, so I installed it. :biggrin:

Address: ts.allfearthesentinel.net
Port: Default (Don't need to add one)

Just be aware that your profile needs a security level of 20 or higher to join us (This should take only a matter of seconds to do) To achieve this, go to Settings > Identites and then select Improve on your profile. You don't have to do more, but it's good self-protection to make sure that identity is yours.
Last edited by FoxBoy on Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rheap

Post by Rheap » Tue May 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Dark-Assassin wrote:I'll see what happened.

Edit: It seems that you registered on both Painkiller and Britsteel with a different password. I'll copy over the password hash from Britsteel to Painkiller manually.
Check back with me or this thread (I get RSS notifications) with the result.
Ok i try your methods but anything, but i try to create anoter different account and i logged on the site.

FoxBoy

Post by FoxBoy » Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 pm

=Correction=

The TS3 is actually ts.allfearthesentinel.net ... my bad.