How did you come up with your Username?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
FoxBoy

How did you come up with your Username?

Post by FoxBoy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:34 am

Is your name a puzzle meant to troll the sentient beings above and beyond the universe, or maybe it's just a silly nickname your friends gave you? What story did your username entail, big or small. Did you have any previous names?

For a while, ever since I was 13, my main name I used on games or other forums, I would use Kitoko or Kitokofox (Some of them, I still do) This is because it was the name of a main character for a story I made, about a band of mystical foxen wandering through nature to find their shadow. (Though, I've long lost the major details of the story) The name was picked a while ago over an admittedly dumb mishmash of japanese wording of "angel" and "boy" because that's basically what he was, a very nice boy, always willing to help someone in need. (He's the main protagonist)

Though, I also found out that name also meant "Beautiful" in native African languages, and a lot of people kept thinking I was a girl. So, I thought up of a new name on the fly, and thought I wanted a nae representing Tails from the Sonic series, but nothing seriously canon or overused. I remembered my favourite line from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle where Tails says "How did you know this was a fake emerald?" where Dr. Robotnik replies "Because you just told me, fox boy" And that name stuck. Though, later on, there was someone in the SRB2 community who had that name already in the past, which was ironic since I spent hours trying to get something unique. But, yeah, that name stuck, and that's how I got FoxBoy. Despite the name, it's in no way related to the furry fandom, though I am very well aware of said fandom and have visited it in the past (Though very briefly, I've seen weird people) And sometimes like to joke around and say I am.
Sometimes you have to stop and smell the roses you know. It's part of being natural, everything has a tone of beauty to it however you see fit. <3

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: How did you come up with your Username?

Post by Ivan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am

I recall there being a thread for this exact purpose before.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Ivan wrote:I recall there being a thread for this exact purpose before.
yes, https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=676 altho the old one was more like "what does it mean" but it realy comes down to the same thing.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:32 pm

I was one day on the back of my uncle's motorcycle, and my mom said that I looked like a lollipop with that large helmet on. Yeah.
In-game I use the name Zelaven now, which was just something I made up, initially for my Warframe account.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Mine is weird, people were asking what the hell does it mean. It's not that i'm "Pal of Zebra or Zerber". ZEBER is a part of the Zeberdee character from the movie "Football Factory". PAL is simply because I live in PAL region lol.
Originally name was zeberpal_98, maybe somebody remember, 98 is not my year of birth. 1998, it's when my favorite game at the time GTA:LibertyCityStories game took place. heh.

Unknown
New User

Post by Unknown » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 am

Didn't what name should i use, so i just picked "Unknown", Which is the same name i currently use on IRc and game, although i don't visit very often recently because .... Life (Not to mention i'm starting to lose interest in Doom) .

wii_man
New User

Post by wii_man » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:32 pm

I wanted a Nintendo Wii, and i'm a man. But i'm not short!

Pedobear444
New User

Post by Pedobear444 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:55 am

My actual name is Pedro (Portuguese for Peter), and at the time I was creating a new nickname for myself Pedobear was around. So I just went with it. For some time I used the nick "Pedrobear", the mexican Pedo (also Pedobear's cousin). Stupid, but it works, and I like to joke around with people in-game. NOT an actual pedo though u.u
I am the PEDO in the darkness. I am the (wallpaper) BEAR of the walls. PEDOBEAR IS MY NAME!

Soundwave
New User

Post by Soundwave » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:06 am

I just grabbed my favorite Transformer, Soundwave and made it my username. There are a lot of Soundwaves around in the internet though (i once got mistaken with a Soundwave04 who aparentely uploaded doom mod videos long ago.)

M_Ragequit
New User

Post by M_Ragequit » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Always have one guy say "RAGEQUIT!" after someone leaves. Decided to just name myself after that guy's gimmick
I really love how welcoming and friendly the Zandronum community is?