[Request] Mod that sets fixed team lives (bank) for Survival

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
Stru

[Request] Mod that sets fixed team lives (bank) for Survival

Post by Stru » Wed May 24, 2017 2:34 pm

I posted something similar in Doomworld a few years ago and got no response. But I'm looking for a specific mod to really spice up survival mode so I could get back into multiplayer Doom.

I'm not sure if my server needs to be set to co-op or survival, but I think it'd be cool if there are 100 lives shared for all of the players. Instead of each player having a set number of lives, each time they die it takes one from the team lives bank. MoP has something similar, but I don't want all the Master of Puppets garbage in my server. Someone in the Zandy IRC said what I'm asking for is pretty much impossible unless I'm able to get in touch with the MoP devs and have them develop something similar. Any ideas?

All help would be appreciated. Thank you very much :)

Konda
Forum Regular

Re: [Request] Mod that sets fixed team lives (bank) for Survival

Post by Konda » Wed May 24, 2017 11:04 pm

Here you go: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... ivesv1.pk3
How to use:
1) Make sure game mode is Cooperative by typing "cooperative 1" in console
2) Make sure sv_maxlives is greater than 0, otherwise the mod doesn't do anything. So, type in console "sv_maxlives <insert number of shared lives here>"
3) After typing those commands, you will need to do a hard reset of the map. To do that, type in console "map map01" or "map <insert map here>"

Stru

Re: [Request] Mod that sets fixed team lives (bank) for Survival

Post by Stru » Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Won't have time to test this until the weekend, but my god if it works you are a legend. Thank you for this! Been looking for far too long.