WEEK 2 - MAP16 Return to Phobos (ZDCTF16) [APR 10 - APR 16] Discussion

Moderator: Global Doom Association

Dastan

Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

WEEK 2 - MAP16 Return to Phobos (ZDCTF16) [APR 10 - APR 16] Discussion

Post by Dastan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:57 am

Week 2 - MAP16: Return to Phobos (ZDCTF16)
April 10th - April 16th
Flag Stealers [FLS]
Rangle, Stipsi, Dranzer, SlowSheep
0p (0-1-0) vs [LPN] Let's Play Nintendo
Dragon, SwiftShot, Goblin, HumanBones
8p (1-0-0)

Kogarasumaru [KRU]
Tai, DemonSphere, cennou, Dastan
8p (1-0-0) vs [TAS] The Aspiring Spergs
IdeIdoom, TheCitrusKiwi, Zakken, r4z0r
2p (0-1-0)

We Win Ok [WWO]
HTG, Galactus, Caution, AlienOverlord
10p (1-0-0) vs [STB] Straight Ballin'
Dsparil, Avc, Shift, im1hpu0
10p (1-0-0)

White Power [666]
RoSKing, Armour, Edd, Shane
2p (0-1-0) vs [HTS] HotShots
Armitage, Tobi, Crusher, Wirtualnosc
0p (0-1-0)

HTG
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Wicked Sick
Clan Tag: WS

Re: WEEK 2 - MAP16 Return to Phobos (ZDCTF16) [APR 10 - APR 16] Discussion

Post by HTG » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

FLS vs LPN
Tough match this. I was suprised TAS managed to take points off LPN last week, i think this will be a similar story
2-1 LPN

KRU vs TAS
Despite tas winning a game last week, i think kru has got this
2-0 KRU

WWO VS STB
We Win Ok

666 vs HTS
I think HTS will have to do something special to win, otherwise 666 will win with ease
2-0 666

Tenchu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:50 pm

LPN vs FLS & KRU vs TAS will most likely be yawn-inducing blowouts.

LPN 2-0 yawn
KRU 2-0 yawn

Game of the week will go to WWO vs STB, which should be an amazing game. Both teams have rock-solid rosters for this map, I almost can't even make a prediction. Gonna say that it's going to be SUCH a good game that one won't be able to beat the other and result in a draw.

Tie 1-1-1

If HTS forces a Euro-server game, and Crusher plays, I honestly think HTS might have a chance. Armi and Tobi are powerful fraggers and Crusher is a slick runner on this runner's delight of a map. However, 666 has Ammar, who is not only the best player in the GFA, but this is also one of his favorite maps. I'm gonna say that 666's collective experience is going to net them their first win here.

666 2-0-1

Cartel

Post by Cartel » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:45 pm

WWO vs STB definitely is the must-see match-up for this week. This is a game where AVC has to be available for. Now Shift is a good runner, but he's going up against a much tougher mid and defender, and this map is already difficult to score on. Depending on what server this game will be played on will determine who gets the nod to play mid. American server = Shift, GV Server = im1hpu0.

One thing is for sure, mid is extremely crucial in this map. Mid is already an important position but playing a map with a soulsphere and a mega...gotta bring your A-game. Can't be letting their runner in your base with 200/200, and as soon as your runner takes the flag, you gotta be in their base near the ssg to clear the way. Once you start the spawn killing in that area, it's an easy cap.

Overall, if AVC plays, STB takes the W. If AVC is too busy telling customers at Home Depot about their sale on water hoses, then WWO will win.

Good luck all.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:34 pm

FLS vs LPN

InRazWeTrust

KRU vz TAS

I think this will be a comfortable victory for KRU to be honest. This map is all about mid control, and I don't think TAS will be able to handle the fragpower and sphere control from Tai and DS. Not sure who will be prefered as O for KRU, but I think both Dastan and Cennou would be comfortable in scoring on this map. KRU 2-0

WWO vs STB

The game of the weekend no doubt. STB were really impressive last week even without their superstar purchace AVC. It will be harsh to drop either Shift or Im1hpu0 based on how well they played, but I think Sparil will have to make a difficult decision on that front, as I feel WWO will be more of a threat. WWO looked very good themselves last week also... I think WWO will edge a very close game 2-1 (HTG MVP).

666 vs HTS

I think 666 will pick up their first win of the season here. Ammar's favourite map I think, and Cab/Edd/Emzee are all very experienced players here too. HTS will be hurting by the manner of last weeks defeat, and although I think they will hold their own, I think the sheer power of 666's roster will overrun them. 666 2-0.

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:07 pm

FLS vs LPN
HUE

KRU vs TAS
Since I believe this is gonna be played on GV, KRU probably has to have a more defensive way of playing in order to not have the runner sneak in with a 200/200 and score the flag. It's a map where straight on full force isn't always the best idea.
2 - 1 - 0 KRU

WWO vs STB
While this is the game of the week, I simply don't see how STB won't defend this and Avc knows how to run maps like this.
2 - 0 - 0 STB

666 vs HTS
I haven't seen Armi or Crusher ever play this map, without practice it's GG. If they can find a way to control the middle, on GV, I believe they legit might have a chance to tie or even win, but I've seen no prac.
2 - 0 - 0 666

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:21 pm

dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Someone didn't teach petty square razor that if you talk shit you have to win too...

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 pm

dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Samurai
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 am

Dragon wrote:FLS vs LPN
HUE

KRU vs TAS
Since I believe this is gonna be played on GV, KRU probably has to have a more defensive way of playing in order to not have the runner sneak in with a 200/200 and score the flag. It's a map where straight on full force isn't always the best idea.
2 - 1 - 0 KRU

WWO vs STB
While this is the game of the week, I simply don't see how STB won't defend this and Avc knows how to run maps like this.
2 - 0 - 0 STB

666 vs HTS
I haven't seen Armi or Crusher ever play this map, without practice it's GG. If they can find a way to control the middle, on GV, I believe they legit might have a chance to tie or even win, but I've seen no prac.
2 - 0 - 0 666
Perfect set of predictions there!