WEEK 1 - MAP17 Buntaluffigus (THIRTY4-17) [APR 3 - APR 9] Discussion

Moderator: Global Doom Association

Dragon
Forum Regular

WEEK 1 - MAP17 Buntaluffigus (THIRTY4-17) [APR 3 - APR 9] Discussion

Post by Dragon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Week 1 - MAP17: Buntaluffigus (THIRTY4-17)
April 3rd - April 9th
White Power [666]
RoSKing, Armour, Edd, Shane
0p (0-0-0) vs [KRU] Kogarasumaru
Tai, DemonSphere, cennou, Dastan
0p (0-0-0)

Flag Stealers [FLS]
Rangle, SlowSheep, Dranzer, Stipsi
0p (0-0-0) vs [WWO] We Win Ok
HTG, Galactus, X-Ray, AlienOverlord
0p (0-0-0)

Let's Play Nintendo [LPN]
Dragon, SwiftShot, Goblin, HumanBones
0p (0-0-0) vs [TAS] The Aspiring Spergs
IdeIdoom, TheCitrusKiwi, Zakken, Starrk
0p (0-0-0)

HotShots [HTS]
Armitage, Tobi, Crusher, Wirtualnosc
0p (0-0-0) vs [STB] Straight Ballin'
Dsparil, Avc, Shift, im1hpu0
0p (0-0-0)

HTG
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Wicked Sick
Clan Tag: WS

Re: WEEK 1 - MAP17 Buntaluffigus (THIRTY4-17) [APR 3 - APR 9] Discussion

Post by HTG » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Rosking vs Tai
Tough match, both teams are really good. I feel like where they play their matches could determine the outcome, i'm going with my hunch that both will pick nj and ros will edge it. 2-1

Team Rangle vs We Win Ok
We Win Ok

LPN vs TAS
I have a feeling LPN will win this, it will be interesting to see who'll play alongside dragon and humanbones.
2-0 LPN

HTS vs STB
I'd say this is the closest match of this round. Another match where the server could play a part in the outcome. I do believe HTS have better communication. Dsparil is a really good player and can change most outcomes however, so i think his team will win this.
2-1 STB

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Team RoSKing vs Team Tai
This certainly is the US unite-week. I'd like to think that this is Cab/Ammar vs Tai/DemonSphere and the only real advantage I see Cab have here.. Is that DemonSphere is mainly playing on Odamex, but since it's DS and the fact that they are VERY likely to be playing these games on NJ.. I don't know. Maybe with DS running they can penetrate the defence that I believe would be Ammar.
2 - 1 - 0 Cab

FLS vs WWO
Rangle is a very smart player and knows how to get through tight defences. While I don't see him having any trouble running vs this team, let alone on this map, will Dranzer be able to keep the base intact knowing games are likely to be on GV here? Maybe this is the time when people find out that if SlowSheep is led correctly, he can be the wall they could benefit from. However if X-Ray is half of what he is on Odamex this is gonna be hard for FLS.
2 - 1 - 0 WWO

LPN vs TAS
They are definitely gonna need tool-assistance after this week...

HTS vs STB
This is the game with my main men.. Dsparil and Tobi, now against each other.
We do actually have an almost replication of the team HotShots of Spring 2016 - who did go to the finals, and lost on this particular map. HTS is definitely gonna need something extra to be able to do anything on the offensive front. All Dsparil needs to do is not play dumb and actually stay put while he lets the rest of his team do the rest.
2 - 0 - 0 STB

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:27 pm

hey look the finals are the first round

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Rosking vs Tai
Two great teams going up against each other in the first week. If it's on NJ I can see Cab's team winning comfortably enough. If it's in GV I think it will favour Tai more, and will be closer. I'll go with 2-1 Cab.

Team Rangle vs We Win Ok
I'll be honest and say I only really know of Raz and Dranzer in that team, and both are solid players, even in Europe. WWO looks strong on paper too, and i think if he's active, Xray was a steal for 10$. Think WWO will edge it again, 2-1.

LPN vs TAS
Dragon will carry me to a GFAbowl :)

HTS vs STB

D'sparil caused a big surprise by purchasing AVC for a huge 26$ in the draft, and going for the highest drafted player in the process. I think the way they will play is obvious enough to anyone who has seen these guys, but I think they could get overrun in mid. I think Armi and Tobi will have enough firepower to hold them back, but will Crusher be able to get past D'sparil? I'll go for a tie in this game.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Ugh I just realised it's map17, scrap everything I said...

Tenchu
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Team Cab vs Team Tai

Am I crazy to think that Tai could actually benefit from forcing a game on GV, benching DS and playing Dastan? Dastan is probably the single most underrated player in Zandronum right now imo, and especially on Euro servers he can be quite deadly and no one seems to notice it. Cennou is probably the top Euro fragger at the moment, and Tai adjusts very well to Euro servers thanks to his close proximity and skill level. A Tai/Cenn/Dastan team on a Euro server would probably perform much better than most people would assume. On the other hand, DS is perhaps the best player in competitive Doom right now, and most would probably argue that playing DS regardless of server location is the right choice. Which is ironic because they're playing a team who's star player is the only other player in Doom right now that's worthy of challenging that title from DS - Ammar. The Canadian God is perhaps the most intelligent player on the battlefield and rarely ever misses his mark. Add in RosKing and Edd, two extremely high-level players, and you have a team built for complete terrorization. This will certainly be the game of the week, perhaps the game of the season and is very possible to be a sneak peak of what the playoff finals will look like. In the end, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Ammar and Cab are too good of a combination together and will eventually out-last Tai's brick shithouse of a team.

Team Cab 2-1

Team Strangle vs WWO

If Caution can play on Zandronum at the same level he's been playing at in Odamex for the WDL, WWO is going to be an extraordinarly powerful team. Meanwhile Team Strangle looks like a playoffs-capable team, but unlikely to place in a high seed if they do clinch. WWO will likely oust Team Rust Jr. with ease.

WWO 2-0

LPN vs TAS

LPN looks mean. Dragon and Swift together on a team playing on Euro servers? You'll need a team of 3 A-listers just to be able to challenge that. Add in HumanBones, one of the best players to come over from the WDL, and you have a very nasty team. Meanwhile TAS, while individually are all good players, together I'm fearing they may end up becoming the GFA's High Friction Men. I just don't see a whole lot of team chemistry here, and it's going to cost them bigly. LPN will completely mop the floor with TAS in two quick rounds.

LPN 2-0

HTS vs STB

This should be a good game. Armi/Tobi/Crusher makes up a very formidable all-around European team. Crusher has been doing rather well with his smart running in priv lately, Tobi has the powerful aim to hold down the defensive end of things and Armi is a capable mid player who can support well. STB looks like they could be insanely powerful, or will come up short of the hype. Imo an enormous amount of their potential falls onto im1hpu0's performance in mid. Sparil is the single most powerful Euro D in Zan, no question. And Avc has become the best runner in competitive Doom since Jenova won back-to-back IDL titles. As Swift pointed out, they clearly have D and O covered so it all falls down to how well im1 ends up supporting in mid. If he comes up clutch and does really well, STB could very well be a championship team. If not, though, high-caliber teams such as LPN, Cab and Tai will overwhelm them in mid quickly in high-level playoff environments. In this matchup, as solid as HTS will be, I think OJ and Avc are simply too good on this map to overcome and will net STB's first win to begin a potential high-seed regular season.

STB 2-0

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:30 am

Team Rangle will lose, they haven't even made a name yet and Ive seen how they are trying to organize prac and half of their own players didnt even come...

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

Post by Dranzer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:41 am

team lets prac
<Galactus>you're lightyears away from having me banned for this

^ 3 month ban (6months now nice evade)

Cartel

Post by Cartel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:21 am

Team RoSKing

WWO

LPN

STB

SkullRush

Post by SkullRush » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Ros 2-0
easy

WWO 2-0
Gal A+ Class
Meteor D Class
GG mis amigos

LPN 2-0
Samurai is the best player ever
p easy to predict
(btw what the hell is that TAS team, full of rusty players and i never saw starrk play zan before, i hope u guys can do better than mobius's team last season kthxbye)

STB 2-0
The AVC+D'SparilNeverDies Combination will make this team win this GFA season

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:00 pm

jesus christ razor you really blew it this time wtf team did u get on ROFL good luck winning (mathematical near impossibility, decipher that equation)

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

Post by Dranzer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 pm

king of free agents no longer a free agent...
<Galactus>you're lightyears away from having me banned for this

^ 3 month ban (6months now nice evade)