Exploiting as an issue

Discuss master server operations and talk about your server clusters here.

Moderator: Master Server Staff

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

RE: Exploiting as an issue

Post by Samurai » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:42 pm

mifu wrote:
Samurai wrote:

On topic, I do have some sympathy with D'Sparil, yeh I think he was stupid to try the command, but I believe he did it unknowing any sort of consequence it could have caused. I think his ban should be reconsidered.
Geez, you have a habbit to post fast when action. He got unbanned already as he was able to supply proof to he did not know what was going on.

We also got the build he was using so we can find out what other stuff/bullshit is in there.
Nice one man

Also, our cheater sympathiser friend AlienOverlord is hosting private servers so he can still play with his friend Galactus. It's interesting to know where certain community members stand on cheating, and even going the extra mile to go and make servers to go and play with the said cheaters.

No wonder VGL has had so many banned cheaters join and leave his clan under his leadership.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:46 pm

John Zombie wrote: nobody mentioned Leonard before that, that's exactly throwing people under the bus in a pathetic attempt to get your ass out of water to me. Fatelord taught you well it seems :rolleyes:
It was well established that the exe came from leo, so me mentioning him had no intention whatsoever.
John Zombie wrote: Another question is why are you using a hacked exe in the first place? Since it seems you also refused to hand it to admins nobody knows which other "features" it has that you most likely have (ab)used for all this time, thus making the ban even more justified(it's actually way too short if you ask me).
The admins never asked me to give them my .exe, so I couldn't refuse shit. If they asked me to give it to them I would've done so.
John Zombie wrote: That's probably a bit of a wakeup call for yourself when a multitude of people coming from different backgrounds think you're a gigantic piece of shit, don't you think?
Not really, I expected that the people in question would do it. :wink:

Edit: Besides doesn't giving the .exe also count as throwing someone under the bus in a way?
Last edited by Galactus on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Galactus wrote:
The admins never asked me to give them my .exe, so I couldn't refuse shit. If they asked me to give it to them I would've done so.
Spoiler: JUST. STOP. (Open)
<WaTaKiD>can u pm me the client and tell me how to reproduce this
<Decay><Galactus>Idk why I can drop things when sv_nodrop 1, I didn't code this exe
<Galactus>I can't drop things when sv_nodrop is on 1
<Decay><Galactus>I can drop things when sv_nodrop 1, I didn't code this exe
<Galactus>Lol
<Decay>gotcha
<Decay>doom2map20
<Galactus>I meant idk why I can drop things when sv_nodrop isn't 1
<Decay>sure thing
<Galactus>Wait can't I just show you the demo?
<Galactus>Of me doing it, setting it to sv_nodrop 1 and trying it to no avail?
<Galactus>Because that's what I actually did
<Decay>trying to avoid sending the client?
<Decay>man ban this guilty kid
<HeavenWraith>if I understand correctly, PvP gamemodes disable weapon dropping implicitly even with sv_drop 0 (for unhacked clients)
<Decay>he is using his idiocy as a shield
<Galactus>Why would sending a client do anything for you?
Galactus wrote: Edit: Besides doesn't giving the .exe also count as throwing someone under the bus in a way?
Are you fucking retarded or what?
1)I don't think the author put his signature on the exe to let everyone know who made it
2)The rock-bottom part isn't snitching about the other people involved, it's doing so in an attempt to get your ban reduced/possibly lifted.
God, you can't be that stupid, even though I'm starting to think so at this point.

Also you haven't answered about the reason why you'd use a hacked exe, if you're the legit player you claim to be why not use the standard one like everyone else? :rolleyes:
Last edited by John Zombie on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=mr. Coherence]
Logging started at Sat Dec 28 00:47:52 2013
00:47:52 <capodecima> http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 8#pid55238
00:48:10 <capodecima> can you post something here ?
00:48:29 <capodecima> decay just crap talk about me all time when beat me and after avoid my challenge lol
[/quote]

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:22 pm

That's confirmed by the fact he asked autism overload to host private servers to keep practicing, he absolutely can't stay away from this game for 3 months and lose the doomgod skills he gained so far
[quote=mr. Coherence]
00:48:29 <capodecima> decay just crap talk about me all time when beat me and after avoid my challenge lol
[/quote]

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Decay wrote: Galactus is one of those people who needs every edge possible to win. It seems like it was only yesterday when he was crying about not being allowed to use joypad emulation to enable turning while sr50ing.
He also thinks Nati's SR50 is also a cheat. http://pastebin.com/acRMRSz7
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Rofl, that's the exact same argument danzoa brought when he got caught exploiting the ping hack... apparently galactus is a melting pot of all the retarded personalities who approached this port.
While you're at it - why don't you learn to troll from mr. cheater? :lol:

EDIT: disregard that, according to our hero whatever you say on irc doesn't matter. Moving on
Last edited by John Zombie on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=mr. Coherence]
[/quote]

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:27 pm

The bottom line is, if he discovered this exploit it doesn't matter if he used it to cheat or not, he should be banned for not reporting it in that time span of months, facilitating others with the exe to also find it and abuse it.

So yeah, it's not about what Galactus did with it, it's what COULD HAVE been done if it wasn't figured out by others soon enough, it could have been a big drama piece if it was used in important matches.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Slim wrote: The bottom line is, if he discovered this exploit it doesn't matter if he used it to cheat or not, he should be banned for not reporting it in that time span of months, facilitating others with the exe to also find it and abuse it.

So yeah, it's not about what Galactus did with it, it's what COULD HAVE been done if it wasn't figured out by others soon enough, it could have been a big drama piece if it was used in important matches.
The only people that could potentially abuse it are the ones who have the .exe. I can understand that not reporting this exploit is a bannable offense, but when something like that gives you a longer ban than a wallhacker (FateLord) or a person who also used an exploit to his advantage (Denzoa) then there's something fundamentally wrong. Besides somebody has yet to actually abuse this exploit even tho it's been public for quite a while now.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:40 pm

John Zombie wrote: That's confirmed by the fact he asked autism overload to host private servers to keep practicing, he absolutely can't stay away from this game for 3 months and lose the doomgod skills he gained so far
He did not ask me anything. The server was around for few weeks already, I just put it out of the list today.
Mostly because since IdeIdoom quit competitive Galactus was the only player that I've dueled with regularly in Europe.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slim
Zandrone

Post by Slim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Galactus wrote:
Slim wrote: The bottom line is, if he discovered this exploit it doesn't matter if he used it to cheat or not, he should be banned for not reporting it in that time span of months, facilitating others with the exe to also find it and abuse it.

The only people that could potentially abuse it are the ones who have the .exe.
Which is what I just said, how many people do you know/don't know have it? For all you know it could've been given out like candy to people you don't know of.
Galactus wrote:I can understand that not reporting this exploit is a bannable offense, but when something like that gives you a longer ban than a wallhacker (FateLord) or a person who also used an exploit to his advantage (Denzoa) then there's something fundamentally wrong.
Now I'm not sure about length of bans, as that's not my jurisdiction, but you did break a rule (as stated many, many times by Decay in the log, thanks for that btw), and with breaking a rule comes the punishment. It doesn't matter who you try to drag down with you, it doesn't matter if you "only used it during warmups", the matter of the fact is, you knew this bug existed and did nothing but play with it.
Galactus wrote: Besides somebody has yet to actually abuse this exploit even tho it's been public for quite a while now.
Just because someone hasn't used it yet doesn't mean they won't. Don't be ignorant.
Last edited by Slim on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Decay wrote: If you read the pastebin yet again (I'm going to repeat what I asked you yesterday which is also in the pastebin, do you know how to read?), you'll see it was noted the Fatelord ban length was due to miscommunication between staff, who undoubtedly think he should've been banned longer (and in fact was banned much longer on NJ). Denzoa, I dunno what logic that was but at least I was here this time to prompt people to follow the rules.

In sum, quit your crying, it's only 3 months, and you need a break.
Listen, the fact that I can't play on the master server doesn't bother me any bit. But the fact that I'm getting banned for so much longer than other people who cheated with malicious intent (I.e. actually using stuff to get an advantage over others) annoys me. I mean do you really believe the lenght of my ban is justified when looking at it objectively? What I did was hardly anything serious. Yet I'm being banned for way longer than two convicted cheaters. (One of them only got a week long ban and he did something more serious than what I did!)

Once this is settled I will most likely take a break from playing so don't worry about that.

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 pm

I should clarify that it was actually already well known that one of Leonard's binaries was the source of the nodrop bypass as I informed WaTaKid of this a few months ago when Carp did it. Hence this ticket being made: http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2528 Although I don't know if Gal knew that the staff were already aware.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Slim wrote: Which is what I just said, how many people do you know/don't know have it? For all you know it could've been given out like candy to people you don't know of.
It obviously hasn't been handed out otherwise people would've gotten some complaints about it right? As far as I know, nobody actually complained.
Slim wrote: Now I'm not sure about length of bans, as that's not my jurisdiction, but you did break a rule (as stated many, many times by Decay in the log, thanks for that btw), and with breaking a rule comes the punishment. It doesn't matter who you try to drag down with you, it doesn't matter if you "only used it during warmups", the matter of the fact is, you knew this bug existed and did nothing but play with it.
I agree with being punished, but I STRONGLY disagree with how harsh the punishment was, when in reality I almost did nothing wrong.
Slim wrote: Just because someone hasn't used it yet doesn't mean they won't. Don't be ignorant.
Nobody will use it, the people having the exe know how to work with it without abusing it's features, you can actually trust me on that one.
Hypnotoad wrote: I should clarify that it was actually already well known that one of Leonard's binaries was the source of the nodrop bypass as I informed WaTaKid of this a few months ago when Carp did it. Hence this ticket being made: http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2528 Although I don't know if Gal knew that the staff were already aware.
if the staff were already aware of the exploit then why am I being punished for not reporting it?
Last edited by Galactus on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Tbh, it is kind of bullshit Danzoa actively exploited and got only a month. There are certainly some personal vendettas involved in this thread, but whatever. It's always been like this.

Edit: No galactus, you didn't do "almost nothing wrong". You did do something wrong, stop being arrogant. Granted, you don't deserve three months compared to Danzoa with his questionable reputation and actively using said exploit to win games.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Galactus wrote:
Decay wrote: If you read the pastebin yet again (I'm going to repeat what I asked you yesterday which is also in the pastebin, do you know how to read?), you'll see it was noted the Fatelord ban length was due to miscommunication between staff, who undoubtedly think he should've been banned longer (and in fact was banned much longer on NJ). Denzoa, I dunno what logic that was but at least I was here this time to prompt people to follow the rules.

In sum, quit your crying, it's only 3 months, and you need a break.
Listen, the fact that I can't play on the master server doesn't bother me any bit. But the fact that I'm getting banned for so much longer than other people who cheated with malicious intent (I.e. actually using stuff to get an advantage over others) annoys me. I mean do you really believe the lenght of my ban is justified when looking at it objectively? What I did was hardly anything serious. Yet I'm being banned for way longer than two convicted cheaters. (One of them only got a week long ban and he did something more serious than what I did!)
It's all good, you acted exactly like the aforementioned individuals once caught thinking you'd get a shorter ban sentence as well and got disappointed when you didn't. Better luck next time :cry:
Once this is settled I will most likely take a break from playing so don't worry about that.
As if you have any choice, lol
[quote=mr. Coherence]
[/quote]

Slim
Zandrone

Post by Slim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Galactus wrote: I agree with being punished, but I STRONGLY disagree with how harsh the punishment was,
Now that you mention it, it is a tad fishy how actual cheaters got only slaps on the wrist compared to you while you're getting a longer ban for a lesser charge.

EDIT: That's like locking up a serial child murderer and rapist for only 10 years, while a drunken driver gets 20 without parole.
Last edited by Slim on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm

John Zombie wrote: It's all good, you acted exactly like the aforementioned individuals once caught thinking you'd get a shorter ban sentence as well and got disappointed when you didn't. Better luck next time :cry:
If I was caught actually ruining the game for someone I would fully own up to it, but this is just not the case. Do you honestly believe I could use the ssg drop to cheat? Don't you think people would notice if suddenly a stack of ssg's would be on a place where there normally aren't any?
For example the difference between the exploit I used and the screenshot exploit is really easy. The screenshot exploit is actually almost impossible to catch since the person in question could just be lagging. Hence why I reported something like this, because everyone can easily get away with it. This is NOT the case for the dropping exploit, it's almost impossible to use it in an actual game without people noticing it.
Last edited by Galactus on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Slim wrote:
Galactus wrote: I agree with being punished, but I STRONGLY disagree with how harsh the punishment was,
Now that you mention it, it is a tad fishy how actual cheaters got only slaps on the wrist compared to you while you're getting a longer ban for a lesser charge.
Galactus is correct. His ban is extremely biased from outsiders in the community via personal vendettas which are affecting the decisions of master server admins. It seriously reminds me of this, and I don't want it happening again.

Is galactus free from guilt? No not really, he deserves like a month at worst. If Galactus just hadn't been such a cock when being confronted, it would've probably been just a month.

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Galactus wrote: if the staff were already aware of the exploit then why am I being punished for not reporting it?
Did you know the staff already knew? If you didn't, then using the exploit without notifying is still just as bad.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah, 1 month is enough for a stupid exploit.
that exploit is nothing compared to the old zombie horde exploid of invuse spam for getting all the itens, and no one got banned for doing that
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">