Latest news: -- SNS #155 - Resurgence -- -- FNF 249: Legendary CTF and Tactical Squad LMS! -- -- TN LMS #2 - UDM3 Classic LMS -- -- Zandronum 2.0-alpha-141117-2018 --
Announcements go here.

SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music
[SDA] Sicamore
Post: #1 - SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-09-2014, 03:11 AM
Christmas Time Comrades
Clan: Scientific Doom Academy

Doom 2 Reloaded is a megawad that was finished in 2009 by Andy Stewart. It contains 32 maps and is inspired by Doom 2 with a personal style. To best suit the survival experience, doomnoir and PSX music will be slapped on top of the project! For those who are unaware of doomnoir, tis' simply a palette change to make everything grayscale!

IWAD: doom2.wad
WADs: d2reload, Revenant fix, coopmthru_vanilla, Fuzzball's text colors, doomnoir, psxmusic, pk_doom_sfx

What day: Saturday, February 8th, 2014

What time: 18:00 UTC

Times
Central Europe: 20:00
United Kingdom: 19:00
Russia / Moscow: 22:00

Eastern Time: 2:00 PM
Central Time (US): 1:00 PM
Mountain Time: 12:00 PM
Pacific Time: 11:00 AM

Where: Vicious Pariah's servers

Spoiler: Customized Settings (Open)

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 03:45 AM by Sicamore.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
[id] Luke
Post: #2 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-09-2014, 04:28 AM
Former ZDaemon Player
Banned

inspired or not it's a good server
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[SDA] Sicamore
Post: #3 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Christmas Time Comrades

heh DAM IT LUKE YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SEE THAT

Lord_of_D:
Post: #4 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Can we be friends? :3
Forum Regular
Clan:

i missed it :(

(09-02-2013 07:07 AM)Catastrophe. Wrote:  Get rid of it, we don't need more lord of hell activists.
[id] Luke
Post: #5 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Former ZDaemon Player
Banned

Mom pulled me out with x-ray vision as standard equipment.
Couldn't help, sorry!
President People
Post: #6 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Bigger Guns Nearby
Forum Regular
Clan:

Doomnoir is a neat little novelty. The random dark pixels here and there bugged me, so I took a crack at a smoother palette:

http://static.best-ever.org/wads/doomnoir-edit.wad

/-/Spht-Translator-Active/-/

Don't mistake your rank and number
for superiority. The oldest child may
learn from the youngest.
[id] Luke
Post: #7 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Former ZDaemon Player
Banned

I found odd to have white plasmaballs and BFG balls having a blue/green light while they're white/grey, so I repacked the file into a dnoirzed.wad (Doom NOIRE Zdoom EDit) to modify the OpenGL effects of the plasmagun and BFG900 to reflect the look they have in ports that support GL effects.

Now the teleport fog, plasmagun and bfg have white lights.

http://static.best-ever.org/wads/dnoirzed.wad

edit: I forgot to mention that I used the version made by President People, with the fixed palette; the file contains a CREDITS lump however.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 09:13 AM by Luke.)
[SDA] Sicamore
Post: #8 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Christmas Time Comrades

Oh, this could come in handy. Thank you both.

Empyre
Post: #9 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-18-2014, 08:08 AM
There is no I in Zandronum.
Forum Regular
Clan:

(02-10-2014 05:15 AM)Luke Wrote:  I found odd to have white plasmaballs and BFG balls having a blue/green light while they're white/grey, so I repacked the file into a dnoirzed.wad (Doom NOIRE Zdoom EDit) to modify the OpenGL effects of the plasmagun and BFG900 to reflect the look they have in ports that support GL effects.

Now the teleport fog, plasmagun and bfg have white lights.

http://static.best-ever.org/wads/dnoirzed.wad

edit: I forgot to mention that I used the version made by President People, with the fixed palette; the file contains a CREDITS lump however.

What about other glowing things, like the green and blue armor, the health and armor bonus, and the spheres, and rad suit, and light-amp goggles? Meanwhile, it might be nice to make the keys glow in their own color so we can tell them apart.

"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."
[id] Luke
Post: #10 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Former ZDaemon Player
Banned

I thought about the other items and I didn't come up with a solution since the sprites themselves (of pick-ups and decorations) look coloured.
I don't know if it's because I have st_hi-res.pk3 in my skin folder or what, I left everything else unchanged both for laziness and ignorance so.

I could take the time to rewrite every OGL light if somebody tells me how we could make every item grey (and I hope that the only solution isn't to resprite every single item).
President People
Post: #11 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Bigger Guns Nearby
Forum Regular
Clan:

(02-18-2014 12:15 PM)Luke Wrote:  I thought about the other items and I didn't come up with a solution since the sprites themselves (of pick-ups and decorations) look coloured.
I don't know if it's because I have st_hi-res.pk3 in my skin folder or what, I left everything else unchanged both for laziness and ignorance so.

I could take the time to rewrite every OGL light if somebody tells me how we could make every item grey (and I hope that the only solution isn't to resprite every single item).

Truecolor .pngs aren't affected by the palette. This could work to our advantage as far as coloring keys and maybe the corresponding strips typically found by key doors. (Replacements from your skins folder would still appear, I believe)

So afaik the solution is indeed to resprite every item yaaay

/-/Spht-Translator-Active/-/

Don't mistake your rank and number
for superiority. The oldest child may
learn from the youngest.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 04:03 PM by President People.)
[id] Luke
Post: #12 - RE: SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music Posted: 02-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Former ZDaemon Player
Banned

(02-18-2014 02:56 PM)President People Wrote:  
(02-18-2014 12:15 PM)Luke Wrote:  I thought about the other items and I didn't come up with a solution since the sprites themselves (of pick-ups and decorations) look coloured.

Truecolor .pngs aren't affected by the palette. This could work to our advantage as far as coloring keys and maybe the corresponding strips typically found by key doors. (Replacements from your skins folder would still appear, I believe)

So afaik the solution is indeed to resprite every item yaaay
Can anyone confirm this before I start shattering my jewels to do this?
SNS #110 - D2 Reloaded with Doomnoir and PSX music

User(s) browsing this thread: +1 Guest(s)