Latest news: -- SNS #142 - Doom 2 The Way id Did w/ Hard Doom - Single Life Hardcore -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140728-1234 -- -- Zandronum 1.3-alpha-140703-1806 -- -- Zandronum 1.2.2 --
Announcements go here.

FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator!
MLK Qent
Post: #1 - FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM
FNF Team Member
Community/Event Contributor

Twice as good as 100, FNF 200 is here to kickoff with a new splendid compilation of the gamemode which Zandronum's predecessor was named after. Finely selected from the batch, these maps will not fail to deliver in what is essentially CTF on crack: Skulltag! But, the fun doesn't end on one side of the world, as crossing over to America is a mashup of some of the greater moments of last year, sure to create a memorable experience.

European FNF

Game Mode: Skulltag
WAD's: ST actors, ST data, Skulltag Compilation, rebalanced weapons, ZandroSpree, NewTextColours, connect sound

When: January 10th, 2014, 19:00 UTC
Central Europe: 20:00
United Kingdom: 19:00
Eastern Europe: 21:00
Russia / Moscow: 23:00
US East Coast (EDT): 14:00

Where: Grandvoid, UK

Spoiler: Customized settings (Open)

American FNF

Game Mode: Terminator
WAD's: ST actors, ST data, Greenwar, Dynamite, AFTSDM, Samsara, ZandroSpree, NewTextColours

When: January 10th, 2014, 17:00 PST
Pacific Time: 17:00 (5 PM)
Mountain Time: 18:00 (6 PM)
Central Time (US): 19:00 (7 PM)
Eastern Time: 20:00 (8 PM)

Where: Best Ever

Spoiler: Customized settings (Open)

Ragnarok Deathmatch
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 12:31 PM by Qent.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
8] Revenant
Post: #2 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-10-2014, 06:09 PM
LOOK AT MY COOL TOUHOU AVATAR
New User

This is probably way too late to mention, but a while ago I had made an updated version of S5ST01 which fixed the fucked up portal visuals and tweaked a few other things, but stcomp_1b still has the original version from spacedm5.

The newer one is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43107309/s5st01.wad

It can be loaded on top of the compilation without issue, as far as I can tell. (it also looks much nicer if Sector_SetTranslucent is supported, but I don't remember if that was ever added to Zandronum or not :v:)
MLK Qent
Post: #3 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 03:43 AM
FNF Team Member

Marcaek tells me the reason he didn't use that versions is that the portals don't work at all.

Ragnarok Deathmatch
8] Revenant
Post: #4 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 06:33 AM
LOOK AT MY COOL TOUHOU AVATAR
New User

The portals are actually just fully opaque by default; they're supposed to use a gradual fade effect based on the viewer's position in order to hide the "broken at a distance" problem that the original portals had, but at the time Zandronum didn't (still doesn't?) support the Sector_SetTranslucent ACS special. Oh well.

(And yes, I know it's a moot point since the map isn't even on the FNF rotation, but I didn't see a thread in the project forum and I don't think Marcaek was on IRC when I posted that at 5 AM :P)
MLK Qent
Post: #5 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 09:13 AM
FNF Team Member

Sorry, it was supposed to be in rotation; I added it later and we did get to play it. :D

Ragnarok Deathmatch
Strych6
Post: #6 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Hexxa
Forum Regular
Clan:

Anticipated this one, didn't realize the fine print "samsara" mod. Please leave that ridiculous stunt for sunday shenanigans. really.

Find all posts by this user
Marcaek
Post: #7 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 11:33 AM

Samsara has been run many times on FNF before and being a fairly conventional class DM mod I don't see the issue.

Quote:[01:34:05] <SyKoTiC>: My skype name is LittleKidLover13
[01:34:54] User CuteLittleGirl has quit the network. (QUIT: closed the connection)

Quote:[02:07:08] <RottKing>: naut i like your toilet bowl map. very creative.
[02:07:29] <Nautilus_>: thanks
[02:07:37] <Nautilus_>: did you notice the huge splatter of cum

This guy does awesome covers, go listen!
[SSJ] Catastrophe
Post: #8 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Zandronum Master Race

(01-11-2014 11:26 AM)Strych6 Wrote:  Anticipated this one, didn't realize the fine print "samsara" mod. Please leave that ridiculous stunt for sunday shenanigans. really.

I don't think samsara is bad, it just gets used for FNF's a bit too much that's all.

http://bluests.enjin.com/forum Join the spreading disease today
Youtube

Mods/Wads: AoW2: X | Super Demon | HATS! | Stupid LMS | i3 CTF
Discuss these projects over at #SSJ
MLK Qent
Post: #9 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 12:34 PM
FNF Team Member

Whoops, I completely forgot to put "Samsara" in the title. Sorry about that.

I did not expect such a reaction against Samsara though. It always does great for FNF, and we were playing it for FNF long before SunS came along. Samsara is quite appropriate for FNF, IMHO; although I would not recommend running it every week, or even two.

Ragnarok Deathmatch
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 12:56 PM by Qent.)
<PRO> The Toxic Avenger
Post: #10 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 01:10 PM
The red in the sky is ours
Global Moderator
Clan: The Professionals

The thing is, it's not hugely balanced for DM, and I should've brought this up sooner (some classes SSGs easily tear people up, like Duke's and Chexguy's), as well as their ults (BJ's or Parias' in terminator is insane). Also since some maps were rather small (GWs are for what this is), many folks couldn't spawn all that much (especially with all the grenades).

[SSJ] Catastrophe
Post: #11 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Zandronum Master Race

I'd say out of all of them, ranger was the most unbalanced.

http://bluests.enjin.com/forum Join the spreading disease today
Youtube

Mods/Wads: AoW2: X | Super Demon | HATS! | Stupid LMS | i3 CTF
Discuss these projects over at #SSJ
Strych6
Post: #12 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Hexxa
Forum Regular
Clan:

Of course, it's just an opinion. My perception of FNF is clearly outdated, that's all. If people voted for it, it belongs up there. Sorry if the response seemed rash.

<PRO> The Toxic Avenger
Post: #13 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 01:32 PM
The red in the sky is ours
Global Moderator
Clan: The Professionals

(01-11-2014 01:27 PM)Catastrophe Wrote:  I'd say out of all of them, ranger was the most unbalanced.

How could I forget? Terminator's megasphere + perm. doomsphere + quad damage + anything rapid fire = oh my fuck

Marcaek
Post: #14 - RE: FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator! Posted: 01-11-2014, 01:51 PM

It's not as if we don't run plain dm or ctf at all.

That said, balance issues are a legitimate concern.

Quote:[01:34:05] <SyKoTiC>: My skype name is LittleKidLover13
[01:34:54] User CuteLittleGirl has quit the network. (QUIT: closed the connection)

Quote:[02:07:08] <RottKing>: naut i like your toilet bowl map. very creative.
[02:07:29] <Nautilus_>: thanks
[02:07:37] <Nautilus_>: did you notice the huge splatter of cum

This guy does awesome covers, go listen!
FNF #200: Skulltag Compilation & Dynamite+GW+AFTS Samsara Terminator!

User(s) browsing this thread: +1 Guest(s)